Russian Nationals 2017 General Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Russian Nationals 2017 General Info

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Polina has other tasks now - she prepares to Russian Junior Nationals 2017.
Wow, thanks for the news! I'm glad that her injury is not so bad. Well, in that case, Juniors will be more interesting than Seniors :)

pasha74

Rinkside
I think it's going to be VERY interesting indeed! :)
Unfortunately I'll be working THU&FRI and will miss all SPs and even the FD...:(
I hope I'm not infringing any rules by asking this: does any of you know if there's a way of "setting up & recording" a stream so as to watch it later? Or does anybody know where I could download the SPs & FD? Thanks in advance for any help! :agree:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I don't know if this is relevant to anyone here, but it seems like Japan will be airing Russian Nationals live. :)

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I don't know if this is relevant to anyone here, but it seems like Japan will be airing Russian Nationals live. :)
Great!
Wish J nats would be aired here live too

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
No Samodurova? What a shame!

It is her fault though. She didn't get to JGPF because she had only one JGP event, but she had a chance to qualify to senior nationals through Russian cup events, like Feditchkina and Konstantinova did. Ladies are allowed to do either junior or senior Russian cup events, not both. (Unlike pairs who can do both within one season). Samodurova has qualified to junior nationals through having a JGP event, so there was no need for her to do junior Russian cup events. She could have chosen to do senior Cup events and qualify through them for senior nationals. Unfortunately, not sure why, she chose to attend junior Russian cup events. It's a pity.

Russian federation could have given her pass for the senior nationals. They gave pass to Lozko who scored lower than Samodurova at her JGP. Strictly speaking, Lozko did not qualify for senior nationals because she has done only one Russian cup event. But Russian Federation decided to let Lozko competing at the senior nationals, whereas all they did for Samodurova is naming her as an alternate. Unfair, but nothing can be done now.

Last edited:

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
HI, could someone post the schedule in English? And will the YouTube stream be available in the U.S.?

Pracygr

On the Ice
It is her fault though. She didn't get to JGPF because she had only one JGP event, but she had a chance to qualify to senior nationals through Russian cup events, like Feditchkina and Konstantinova did. Ladies are allowed to do either junior or senior Russian cup events, not both. (Unlike pairs who can do both within one season). Samodurova has qualified to junior nationals through having a JGP event, so there was no need for her to do junior Russian cup events. She could have chosen to do senior Cup events and qualify through them for senior nationals. Unfortunately, not sure why, she chose to attend junior Russian cup events. It's a pity.

Russian federation could have given her pass for the senior nationals. They gave pass to Lozko who scored lower than Samodurova at her JGP. Strictly speaking, Lozko did not qualify for senior nationals because she has done only one Russian cup event. But Russian Federation decided to let Lozko competing at the senior nationals, whereas all they did for Samodurova is naming her as an alternate. Unfair, but nothing can be done now.
Question is, did she even want to be at senior nationals in the first place. She only just returned from Russian-Chinese youth games and senior nationals is mostly just a show skate for 14 year olds anyway. As compared to junior nationals where she has a real chance to win something important. Focusing on that one important competition doesn't sound like a bad idea right now.

pasha74

Rinkside
HI, could someone post the schedule in English? And will the YouTube stream be available in the U.S.?

I guess all times are Moscow time (GMT+3):

Dec. 22
14:00/16:30 MEN SP
16:45/18:45 PAIRS SP
19:30/22:15 DANCE SD

Dec. 23
14:00/16:30 WOMEN SP
16:45/19:45 MEN FS
20:00/21:45 DANCE FD

Dec. 24
15:00/17:15 PAIRS FS
17:30/20:30 WOMEN FS

Dec. 25
13:00/16:30 EXHIBITION GALA

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I will need a lot of luck to be able to watch Pairs FP, but not entirely impossible :hap10:

hanca

Record Breaker
Question is, did she even want to be at senior nationals in the first place. She only just returned from Russian-Chinese youth games and senior nationals is mostly just a show skate for 14 year olds anyway. As compared to junior nationals where she has a real chance to win something important. Focusing on that one important competition doesn't sound like a bad idea right now.

I don't think senior nationals are just a show skate. It can be important for getting JGP spot for next season to show that you can beat the others juniors, and beating them at any nationals, juniors or seniors, is a good way to show you are a strong contender. Getting even 4th place at senior nationals while you are a junior would definitely strengthen her position as a junior for the next year.

Pracygr

On the Ice
I don't think senior nationals are just a show skate. It can be important for getting JGP spot for next season to show that you can beat the others juniors, and beating them at any nationals, juniors or seniors, is a good way to show you are a strong contender. Getting even 4th place at senior nationals while you are a junior would definitely strengthen her position as a junior for the next year.
4th place would be truly miraculous result. Her best total score this season is 182. Even with two perfect programs it's unreasonable to expect much more than 185. The event would need to be a total disaster for most of everybody else for this score to end up at 4th. I get you point though. Yes it can be beneficial to make good impression at senior nationals. It's just that you need do something really exceptional to get noticed as a junior these days. Doing decently well and ending up somewhere in the middle of the final table will not do it.

Antyv

On the Ice
I guess all times are Moscow time (GMT+3):

Dec. 22
14:00/16:30 MEN SP
16:45/18:45 PAIRS SP
19:30/22:15 DANCE SD

Dec. 23
14:00/16:30 WOMEN SP
16:45/19:45 MEN FS
20:00/21:45 DANCE FD

Dec. 24
15:00/17:15 PAIRS FS
17:30/20:30 WOMEN FS

Dec. 25
13:00/16:30 EXHIBITION GALA
It's not Moscow time, it's Chelyabinsk time (GMT+5). First live stream - Men SP.

micnow

Rinkside
Since I am not able to watch the event live, it would be great if there can be created a video thread with the videos with no spoilers (according to starting order) like during grand prix season. I very appreciated that.

Vickys21

Rinkside

Thank you so much for such a detailed explanation. Samodurova is such a special skater and so much better than Lozko but it just seems that she cannot get any appreciation she deserves. She did well in her only JGP event but was unfairly underscored. Her last year LP showcased her better imho.

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
4th place would be truly miraculous result. Her best total score this season is 182. Even with two perfect programs it's unreasonable to expect much more than 185. The event would need to be a total disaster for most of everybody else for this score to end up at 4th. I get you point though. Yes it can be beneficial to make good impression at senior nationals. It's just that you need do something really exceptional to get noticed as a junior these days. Doing decently well and ending up somewhere in the middle of the final table will not do it.
The last few years 4th place have been juniors. Sakhanovich in 2013, Proklova in 2014, Tsurskaya in 2016... In 2015 4th place was eligible Pogorilaya, but 5th and 6th were ineligible Sakhanovich and Sotskova. This coming nationals I can imagine a few juniors being on 4-6 places, which will put them in good position for the next season.

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
Thank you so much for such a detailed explanation. Samodurova is such a special skater and so much better than Lozko but it just seems that she cannot get any appreciation she deserves. She did well in her only JGP event but was unfairly underscored. Her last year LP showcased her better imho.

I liked Samodurova's skating very much. I think she was very unlucky with her JGP assignment. If the federation knows that Japanese ladies are very strong, they should have sent there the weaker skaters. From some reason the federation sent her. I think that she was a bit hard done by the judges, but that's life. Sometimes they may hold you up, sometimes they may be a bit harsh and have someone else benefit. Life is not fair, but if she manages to be consistent, she will get through.