2016 NHK Trophy Gala Exhibition | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Gala Exhibition

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Eric Radford in the land of midgets.

Loved the Balde flip over the mascot and then them helping the mascot up. Such fun.

I want him to be an Erik with a K but he's an Eric with a c.

Last edited:

yude

Record Breaker
I have to count how many times Oda said "Amazing" after watching Yuzuru's EX...(maybe about 10 times).

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Elladj BALDE CAN video
2 Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA KAZ video
3 Sumire SUTO / Francis BOUDREAU AUDET JPN video
4 Jason BROWN USA video
5 Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER video
6 Maria SOTSKOVA RUS video
7 Xuehan WANG / Lei WANG CHN video
8 Keiji TANAKA JPN video
9 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON video
10 Wakaba HIGUCHI JPN video

Warm-Up 2
11 Deniss VASILJEVS LAT video
12 Mirai NAGASU USA video
13 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE video
14 Satoko MIYAHARA JPN video
15 Cheng PENG / Yang JIN CHN video
16 Nathan CHEN USA video
17 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR video
18 Anna POGORILAYA RUS video
19 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD CAN video
20 Yuzuru HANYU JPN video

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I liked Nathan's EX. Shows his wonderful footwork, dance ability and it's a real program. Wonderful. :luv17:
Jason went all-out with the cheese in his EX. Cheddar, Camembert, Kraft, all of it. Made me smile.
Yuzu was mesmerizing. So was Anna.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Hopefully Akiko's interviews will be uploaded soon. The drawings that various skaters made about what they do in their off-days was so funny! A must-watch.
Also, Jason's wild greeting to Japan and the 3 Amigos (Yuzu, Ryuju, Keiji) all crowding on one seat.

sarama

Medalist
Hopefully Akiko's interviews will be uploaded soon. The drawings that various skaters made about what they do in their off-days was so funny! A must-watch.
Also, Jason's wild greeting to Japan and the 3 Amigos (Yuzu, Ryuju, Keiji) all crowding on one seat.

I hope so! I won't understand a single word but I love Akiko to the point that just looking at her interviewing people brings me joy

Interspectator

Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FYbnFGiDm4 Akiko's interviews Part 1
What they do on their off-day
Yuzu: Sleep till noon, Game all night.
They tried to interview Yuzu and Keiji, Ryuju separately but Yuzu was too excited on the side that they told him to come over and he immediately jumped in and sat with them for their interview. :laugh: First they all three bow to Akiko and say, Congratulations on you wedding!
Keiji: I loiter around the neighborhood.
Everyone laughs. "Loiter doesn't sound so good you should have just put 'walk'" Say the commentators.
Keiji: I go to a local outlet, don't buy anything and come home.
Ryuju: Rest. Sometimes, movie. Recently watched a movie called "Nanimono" About University students in their 4th year trying to find jobs. (Yuzu most amused)
Last words from Yuzu, "These two are much much more serious than me. They are going to get better and better, please give them your support. And, I will also get better, and break away from them. :devil:"

Gabby and Guillaume next.
Gabby: Being happy, Eating, sleeping, crying, reading. ( her happy picture looks like she's not wearing anything.:eeking:)
Guillaume: Sleeping, Shopping, watching TV. (Nice art. Can totally tell it's him. )

Frances and Marion (male half of Japan's Pair and Dance couples) next.
They hold hands and say, we are a pair! Lol.
Frances: Skiing, music and books
Marion: Coffee Please, and spending time with friends outside.

Nathan and Jason:
Jason gives a wild greeting to his Fans.
Vid: Hello everyone!! This week was fun! Thank you! I love you all, sosososo much. XXXX. (His Japanese is pretty good, but his intonation needs a bit of work still) :love:
Jason: Studies Japanese, Reads books, loves his family and Japan
Nathan: Music, and biking.

this is not all that was said of course, I'll look around to see if anyone has a more complete translation, but the end part is mostly English.

Last edited:

Biellmann

Match Penalty
Maria :love:

I hope two mdals at GP get her new EX programs and a dress.

Do GSers watch Dance Moms? Maria reminds me of Chloe.

Hmmm
Evgenia : Maddie
Serafima: Brooke (?)
Anna : Kalani!!!!

:noshake: :roll5:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I can't imagine the amount of fangirlin' Evgenia would have done at NHK. Maria posted a picture of the presents she got on Instagram. Very pink, lots of Sanrio like Hello Kitty and My Melody and even Dior. Well, who doesn't want to go to that competition! Loved Anna's walk in the woods with dog and brother. She seems so adult, it's almost strange to see how much of her life still involves family. :love:

Biellmann

Match Penalty
In my opinion Yuzuru has to win Worlds 2017, he just has to. He's only been WC once and even that was a strange victory. Let him lose the GPF for all I care, I just want him to be WC this time.

Then pray for his good health. He has so much bad luck :no:

Lambari

Final Flight
I'm very pleased that Keiji decided to give life to the saying and wear an actual trash bag for his EX.

If the outift is related to the movie my apologies since I've never seen it sacrilege.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Perhaps it is related to the River Spirit. Which is poluted by all the things humans throw into the river. Miyazaki is very environment-conscious. Almost all of his movies have the human / nature relationship as a core theme. But maybe that is giving Tanaka too much credit, haha.

Lambari

Final Flight
Perhaps it is related to the River Spirit. Which is poluted by all the things humans throw into the river. Miyazaki is very environment-conscious. Almost all of his movies have the human / nature relationship as a core theme. But maybe that is giving Tanaka too much credit, haha.

Lmfao Well, this gives it a bit of context. Although this makes it as literal as Joubert's TDF / TEB 2016 EX. :slink:

From now on I'm linking that EX to anyone who says that a skater could even wear a trash bag. Keiji did it first!2016.