The Annual Search for the Practice Schedule | Page 4 | Golden Skate

The Annual Search for the Practice Schedule

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Do you know what day the breakfast is this week?

Sunday Morning at 10, IIRC. Its at the arena catered in a room. Sometimes they have auctions and door prizes and you can buy a date with a skater sometimes....
Lots of fun.
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/C...sboro 2015/A1_zps437b07a8.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/C...oro 2015/who_zpsdfa34ac7.jpg.html?sort=3&o=13
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/C...sboro 2015/w4_zps472bcd4f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4
My bud Clarence, Maddie Chock and you know who...
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/C...o 2015/Ashley_zps571c0203.jpg.html?sort=3&o=6

Skaters who showed up in 2016. The Shibs always make an effort to show up and are very easy to talk to and highly intellegent.
Skaters are appreciative of us coming to all the nats, supporting them financially and otherwise, and supporting the up and commers...
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/C... 2016/group 2_zps13h5oo3t.jpg.html?sort=3&o=9

Friends of Figure Skating Breakfast: Jan. 22, 10-Noon
Want to have breakfast with your favorite athletes? A donation to Friends of Figure Skating (FOFS) could get you there! Stop by the U.S. Figure Skating booth on the concourse outside of Section 101 to learn more. Exclusive FOFS benefits include events like the FOFS Thank You Breakfast, Jan. 22 at 10 a.m. Click here to learn more.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
When I sent ice-dance.com a message on FB they answered that their reformatted schedule would be out "Wednesdayish". Its now Friday evening and it still isn't out :sad21:. I checked a couple of hours ago and the google calendar (I think that is where it will be) is still blank.

If they don't publish by Saturday afternoon, I'm going to have to try and find some way to make the USFS schedule work for me. I really hope ice-dance.com will come through....please!

Attn: MFarone and anyone else

In case helpful, the link below is to a 17-page "Daily Schedule" (including practices).
Just putting it out there. If not helpful, please ignore.

This format is something very different from the color-coded schedule.
For the most part, one page per rink per day (Independence - Silverstein; Independence - Centerpoint; Sprint Center).

Version 5.1 of the "Daily Schedule" -- as of Jan 14 (still tentative and subject to change):

Last edited:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks so much ice coverage! I'm going to use this instead of the big color coded schedule. It will be much easier for me to read! Thanks so very much.

In case helpful, the link below is to a 17-page "Daily Schedule" (including practices).

For the most part, one page per rink per day (Independence - Silverstein; Independence - Centerpoint; Sprint Center).

Version 5.1 of the "Daily Schedule" -- as of Jan 14 (still tentative and subject to change):

b-man

Final Flight
Has anyone ever gone to one of these? Are they super hectic and are people really pushy? Or is it chill and can you get selfies with skaters?

For the ladies at least, the schedule says 45 minutes. The line will start forming a few minutes before the scheduled start time, and there may eventually be 300 people in line. The line may be closed off 10 minutes before the scheduled end time, as there will be more people than can be accommodated. The staff discourages selfies, though many try to lean half way over the table and do selfies anyway, and there are many young girls who worship Gracie, with their mothers taking quick photos. The skaters are always friendly and as accommodating as they can be.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Wow! You are like a god/godess! Now to download a free PDF fudger....

mrrice

Record Breaker
For those of you who are in KC, please be careful driving. I just saw another Ice Warning for Kansas City and surrounding areas. They are asking people to stay off the roads and to use public transportation instead of taking personal vehicles.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I did a copy and paste of the Sprint pages into a word document. Enlarged the font and am about to print them out and do a little color coding of my own. It is so much easier for me to read and I mark the disciplines with just a slight highlight of color like the ISU does for their schedules.

Wow! You are like a god/godess! Now to download a free PDF fudger....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I did a copy and paste of the Sprint pages into a word document. Enlarged the font and am about to print them out and do a little color coding of my own. It is so much easier for me to read and I mark the disciplines with just a slight highlight of color like the ISU does for their schedules.

Yeah, I decided to do that too as I am running out of time....
The only thing better than these sheets are the daily minute by minute sheets given to important people like the photogs.
One of them, Dave Carmichael, is a super nice guy who sometimes gives these sheets out to us great unwashed masses. He also will give out bits of info like, "Dont expect the ice dancers to show up for practice tonight. They are at a rink 20 miles away."
http://davecskatingphoto.com/

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Hey, we can put our own important notes with the truth imbedded, M!
4:52 pm Sunday. Mass exodus of crowd to eateries to get food before skating spectacular.
6:30 pm. Goldenskaters meet for dinner at the Flying Saucer Draught emporium!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH INFORMATION.

Linking below to yet another type of schedule.
I have never attended Nats, so not clear to me whether this format would be of any benefit to those who will be in KC trying to catch as much as possible.
Again, please feel free to ignore, but I am posting with AHB's words in mind.

"Skater Level/Category Schedule," Version 5.1 as of Jan 14 (tentative and subject to change):

http://www.2017usfigureskatingchamp...Champs2017LevelCategoryScheduleVersion5-1.pdf (12 pages)​

Hey, we can put our own important notes with the truth imbedded, M!
4:52 pm Sunday. Mass exodus of crowd to eateries to get food before skating spectacular.
6:30 pm. Goldenskaters meet for dinner at the Flying Saucer Draught emporium!

To my friend Chris :) and everyone else who is going: have fun and stay safe.

I do hope that some of you will consider staying until 5:12 pm Sunday to cheer for the top men at the medal ceremony :yay:.
Easy for me to say, b/c I have never been in your shoes: finally reaching the end of a long week of watching practice after practice and comp after comp -- and/or then racing against the clock to grab dinner before returning for the gala.
It's just that whoever the four men are, we already know that for individual reasons, none of them have had an easy road to any placement on the 2017 podium. And that they all have had the pressure of knowing that only two will be selected for the world team. I already wish that I could give them all hugs :ghug:.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Linking below to yet another type of schedule.
I have never attended Nats, so not clear to me whether this format would be of any benefit to those who will be in KC trying to catch as much as possible.
Again, please feel free to ignore, but I am posting with AHB's words in mind.

"Skater Level/Category Schedule," Version 5.1 as of Jan 14 (tentative and subject to change):

http://www.2017usfigureskatingchamp...Champs2017LevelCategoryScheduleVersion5-1.pdf (12 pages)​

To my friend Chris :) and everyone else who is going: have fun and stay safe.

I do hope that some of you will consider staying until 5:12 pm Sunday to cheer for the top men at the medal ceremony :yay:.
Easy for me to say, b/c I have never been in your shoes: finally reaching the end of a long week of watching practice after practice and comp after comp -- and/or then racing against the clock to grab dinner before returning for the gala.
It's just that whoever the four men are, we already know that for individual reasons, none of them have had an easy road to any placement on the 2017 podium. And that they all have had the pressure of knowing that only two will be selected for the world team. I already wish that I could give them all hugs :ghug:.

Who wouldnt want to stay for Nathan and Jason and Max? ;) Since all the gala attendees will be evacuating the bldg to get a dinner table, and I am going to have to kill time till I eat while they are at the gala, I will try to see if I can find a spot in my busy social butterfly schedule to stay for you! Wish you were there with us....
A toast to absent friends at dinner would be appropriate, I think.
Chris:clap: