The Annual Search for the Practice Schedule | Page 3 | Golden Skate

The Annual Search for the Practice Schedule

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Really beginning to think I should have saved my money and just bought tickets for the senior events and junior dance. I bought the all-event because I wanted the practice pass. But the schedule is making it almost impossible to see the practices. So frustrated.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Really beginning to think I should have saved my money and just bought tickets for the senior events and junior dance. I bought the all-event because I wanted the practice pass. But the schedule is making it almost impossible to see the practices. So frustrated.

I feel your pain....nats are sure not like they used to be....one feels like buying a nose bleed all event package to get the practice pass and buying the senior free events a la cart. At any other time, moving down to a better seat wouldnt be a problem .....Or just comming for the senior events....the fun of partying with your friends early in the week at the arena seems to be gone......

There are 4 day cruise ship packages out of Long Beach in November for not much money that I could try before taking a 15 day trip to Hawaii in January....Ya hear that, USFS? There are people in the world that want to take my money AND make me happy I spent it....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Kind of sad....I was deleting the old PDF schedules from 2016 St. Paul Nats from my phone and last year you could have been in your seat at the main arena on Sunday and Monday and seen all sorts of novice and junior comps and practices. Now it seems those days are gone, at least for now. Two days of action at the main arena thrown under the bus....

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Anyone see a difference? ...

UPDATED (again) (but still TENTATIVE) color-schedule including practices (Version 4.5 as of Jan 7):

Sorry, Chris, dunno what the differences have been on each revision ... just sharing links :).

- Updated list of practice groups (Version 4.5 as of Jan 7):

Next to Polina's name is a notation of her withdrawal, which USFS announced today.

Although Adam's withdrawal was announced today as well, understandable that his name still is listed (b/c his acute injuries just happened on Friday).​

- On the latest version of the list of qualifiers, both Polina and Adam have been removed.

Hugs to Adam and Polina :ghug:.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Nathan13

Medalist
Anybody know when/where the starting orders are going up? Canada's have been posted for weeks.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Anybody know when/where the starting orders are going up? Canada's have been posted for weeks.

If I am not mistaken:

The U.S. starting orders are determined by the skaters themselves participating in a draw.

The draws will be held in KC -- only a day or two in advance (in accordance with Chem's reply).​

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
If I am not mistaken:

The U.S. starting orders are determined by the skaters themselves participating in a draw.

The draws will be held in KC -- only a day or two in advance (in accordance with Chem's reply).​

I believe that is true. At nats, we are generally given sheets with starting orders and the last day's results at some point every day.....
Wheels up at Oh dark thirty Sunday Morning...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
By "wheels up" do you mean on your motorcycle? :)

You're killin' me, Mathman! I havent been able to ride my bikes in over 7 weeks! Continuous snow cover... I hate flying so much I wish I COULD take my bike! The one with the heated grips.....:agree:
Lets all have good thoughts about everyone trying to get to KC in this winter of our discontent....
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/C...6/Chris pic 1_zps60rf9xxw.jpg.html?sort=3&o=9

Chris who would age slower if he just rode his motorcycle all the time....

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hope everyone saw today's change to the Competition (not Practice) schedule (emphasis added):

@USFigureSkating
Updated #USChamps17 schedule posted. Note, Session 19 (pairs/dance free) on 1/21 begins at 1:15 pm (previously 2:10) http://usfigu.re/2jghNoa
3:10 PM - 13 Jan 2017
https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/status/820045487432695810

In the spirit of AHB's comment :), an FYI for anyone interested:

The following autograph sessions are planned (subject to change) and will take place at the Prudential Autograph Station on the main concourse.

Friday, January 20 | 4-4:45 p.m. | Championship Ice Dance (top 4 after short)
Saturday, January 21 | 1:15-2 p.m. | Championship Men (top 4 after short)
Sunday, January 22 | Noon-12:45 p.m. | Championship Pairs and Ladies Medalists

http://www.2017usfigureskatingchampionships.com/frequently-asked-questions/ (emphasis added)​

Interesting that the top four ice dance couples will be signing autographs before they have even competed to determine who will be in the top four. :laugh:

Good news:

An updated schedule for Autograph Sessions is on the handy-dandy USFS fanzone Competition Central page:

It has eliminated the problematic issue for ice dancers (by swapping pairs and dance).
The new and improved schedule:

Autograph Sessions (all will take place at Prudential autograph station at section 109)

Thursday, January 19
6:30-7 p.m. – Alumni

Friday, January 20
4-4:45 p.m. – Championship pairs (top four after short program)

Saturday, January 21
1:15-2 p.m. – Championship men (top four after short program)

Sunday, January 22
noon-12:45 p.m. – Championships ladies and ice dance medalists

Nathan13

Medalist
Hope everyone saw today's change to the Competition (not Practice) schedule (emphasis added):

@USFigureSkating
Updated #USChamps17 schedule posted. Note, Session 19 (pairs/dance free) on 1/21 begins at 1:15 pm (previously 2:10) http://usfigu.re/2jghNoa

Good news:

An updated schedule for Autograph Sessions is on the handy-dandy USFS fanzone Competition Central page:

It has eliminated the problematic issue for ice dancers (by swapping pairs and dance).

Autograph Sessions (all will take place at Prudential autograph station at section 109)

Thursday, January 19

Friday, January 20

Saturday, January 21

Sunday, January 22

Has anyone ever gone to one of these? Are they super hectic and are people really pushy? Or is it chill and can you get selfies with skaters?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Has anyone ever gone to one of these? Are they super hectic and are people really pushy? Or is it chill and can you get selfies with skaters?

Its pretty chilled. Say you put 4 victums...er skaters...at a long table on the concourse. With their back against the wall. A fan line forms (long line) and they march down the table getting autographs of Gracie, Ashley, Mirai, Polina, etc but you dont have lots of time with each one. Selfies are hard. Joining the FOFS for $100 you get a tax deduction, a real sit down breakfast with the skaters, you get to put your arms around Gracie (knees getting weak), chat with them, you get a dynamite calander and the monthly magazine. And advance ticket sales sometimes (I got first row for San Jose). AND you help young skaters....

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
When I sent ice-dance.com a message on FB they answered that their reformatted schedule would be out "Wednesdayish". Its now Friday evening and it still isn't out :sad21:. I checked a couple of hours ago and the google calendar (I think that is where it will be) is still blank.

If they don't publish by Saturday afternoon, I'm going to have to try and find some way to make the USFS schedule work for me. I really hope ice-dance.com will come through....please!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

@USFigureSkating

Good news:

Thursday, January 19

Friday, January 20

Saturday, January 21

Sunday, January 22

Wow. What would I do without you and MFarone? I cant wait to see what they change next. Move the venue to Colorado Springs?

Nathan13

Medalist
Its pretty chilled. Say you put 4 victums...er skaters...at a long table on the concourse. With their back against the wall. A fan line forms (long line) and they march down the table getting autographs of Gracie, Ashley, Mirai, Polina, etc but you dont have lots of time with each one. Selfies are hard. Joining the FOFS for $100 you get a tax deduction, a real sit down breakfast with the skaters, you get to put your arms around Gracie (knees getting weak), chat with them, you get a dynamite calander and the monthly magazine. And advance ticket sales sometimes (I got first row for San Jose). AND you help young skaters....

That sounds delightful. If only I'd asked for that for Christmas :bang: Do they have member breakfasts at Nationals and Skate America or is it during other events as well?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
That sounds delightful. If only I'd asked for that for Christmas :bang: Do they have member breakfasts at Nationals and Skate America or is it during other events as well?

I have only seen it at Nats and SA but it MAY have been at 4 conts Colorado Springs....I wasnt a memeber then. IIRC you can join for $50 and pay $25 for breakfast. And of course you can always join at the USFS
table at an event and go to that breakfast. Here is a bad pic of Mariah and Jason talking with fans at breakfast....things are very relaxed...
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/C... Mil 2015/B17_zps8akwsyxs.jpg.html?sort=3&o=9

Last edited:

Nathan13

Medalist
I have only seen it at Nats and SA but it MAY have been at 4 conts Colorado Springs....I wasnt a memeber then. IIRC you can join for $50 and pay $25 for breakfast. And of course you can always join at the USFS
table at an event and go to that breakfast.

Do you know what day the breakfast is this week?