Nordics Open 2017, 2 - 5 Mar. | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Nordics Open 2017, 2 - 5 Mar.

npavel

On the Ice
She had the 3Lz planned for Euros, replaced it with 3T3T in the end, but did it in practice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bobbob

Medalist
Congrats carolina! Her two most recent free skates are pretty consistent, and I think she will soon be better than ever.

Clearly she is attempting 3F+3T in the short, and she will be adding 3Lz in the free skate for sure or else there is no point of learning the 2A+1Lo+3S combo. So we will see a full difficulty 7 triple free from Carolina...if she skates clean technically she will be on the same playing field of everyone else (other an Evgenia) and her PCS looks like it will be the highest of all, deservedly...

I'm thinking she's going to get silver at worlds!

russell30

Final Flight
Congrats carolina! Her two most recent free skates are pretty consistent, and I think she will soon be better than ever.

Clearly she is attempting 3F+3T in the short, and she will be adding 3Lz in the free skate for sure or else there is no point of learning the 2A+1Lo+3S combo. So we will see a full difficulty 7 triple free from Carolina...if she skates clean technically she will be on the same playing field of everyone else (other an Evgenia) and her PCS looks like it will be the highest of all, deservedly...

I'm thinking she's going to get silver at worlds!

Carolina is probably the only one at this stage that can challenge Medvedeva, if she skates clean and ups the ante with the lutz she can beat her...and that would be great because Carolina is the overall package....I am sure Mishin knows that.

Carolina needs to nail the SP at worlds though to challenge!! - she probably will go early in the groups

Last edited:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can someone explain why her 3Sal was invalidated? I thought you could do a jump twice if it was done in combination one of the times. The rules are so confusing!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can someone explain why her 3Sal was invalidated? I thought you could do a jump twice if it was done in combination one of the times. The rules are so confusing!

Did she already do two triple loops before the second 3S? I haven't seen protocols but one poster's PBP indicates she did two triple loops as the repeated jump.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did she already do two triple loops before the second 3S? I haven't seen protocols but one poster's PBP indicates she did two triple loops as the repeated jump.

Yes, she did two 3Lo's. So is the rule that you can only repeat one jump in combo?

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Her layout here was

3T-3T
3F
3Lo
2A-1Lo-3S
3Lo-2T
2A
3S <- this element is invalid since she's already repeated the 3T and 3Lo. Had she done just a simple 2Lz, her score would have gone up by at least 3 points. This layout is competitive for silver at World and would have beat Pogo at Euro for silver.

If you watch her here, you'll see the following changes
setup for flip, loop, sal are much shorter than 2014. she's also increasing her TR to the point where it's competitive with the rest of the young girls. her rotational speed is also increasing by a lot. Look at the snap into the 3F and 3Sal.

here are some bad changes
speed is no longer top notch, although the ease is still there.
jump height is also no longer top notch. I think Mishin's technique is gelling quickly. She's like a different skater with almost all jumps.

SXTN

Final Flight
If you watch her here, you'll see the following changes
setup for flip, loop, sal are much shorter than 2014. she's also increasing her TR to the point where it's competitive with the rest of the young girls. her rotational speed is also increasing by a lot. Look at the snap into the 3F and 3Sal.

This is quite incredible after two years off ice and at the age of 30.

I'm a fan of Carolina but I have never thought her comeback would be so promising. I hope she keeps the freeskate layout the way it is now and only adds the lutz. This should be competitive enough to be in the hunt for a medal.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
This is quite incredible after two years off ice and at the age of 30.

I'm a fan of Carolina but I have never thought her comeback would be so promising. I hope she keeps the freeskate layout the way it is now and only adds the lutz. This should be competitive enough to be in the hunt for a medal.

It is incredible, indeed. Most young girls can only hope to retain their triple triple past puberty. This is something else. Good for her. Really bad news for the American girls who are all pushed down by 1 spot.

Celine

On the Ice
Congratulations to Carolina indeed! Great to see her having these opportunities to rev up her engines ahead of Worlds (since she didn't work her way into the season until midway through)