Asian Winter Games 2017, 23 - 26 Feb | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Asian Winter Games 2017, 23 - 26 Feb

peese

Medalist
During the Junior GP Series, there were a couple of Indian skaters that were competing in Singles who also compete together in Ice Dance. They were way off the standard of the rest of the field in their respective categories, but they were absolutely loving it! They never stopped smiling!

This couple we have today are not going to trouble the top scorers either. (I should add, they were better than the younger skaters I was talking about). But, they were absolutely loving it too!

Although, Aldrin's smile dropped when she saw the score.

Oh, and can I just add: Aldrin is so beautiful! :love:

CaroLiza_fan

I agree! They really looked proud to be there and had a great time. As he said ' it felt like it ended so quickly'. Really good looking team as well.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Props to Japan for providing a live stream of the event! But there needs to be more spectators... betting there will be a LOT more for tomorrow!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I thought there would be a livestream on youtube, too, but I can only find them for the free programs?
Fortunately the stream on the website works, too.
I'm stuck in trains for the next few hours, but unlimited internet, so nice timing! :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, I think the standings at the end of the first group are something like this:

CHEN Hong / ZHAO Yan (CHN) lead with 59.something
MORI Ibuki / SUZUKI Kentaro (JPN) in second with 48.something
MATHEW Aldrin Elizabeth / YAMA Anup Kumar (IND) in third with 10.something

Things are going to ramp up in this second group.

CaroLiza_fan

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Chen/Zhao beat their 4CC score by 8 points and also reached the ISU TES minimums for the SD. Do AWG scores count towards TES minimums?

peese

Medalist
Props to Japan for providing a live stream of the event! But there needs to be more spectators... betting there will be a LOT more for tomorrow!

I'm hoping for alot more spectators for the ladies event as people will be off work by then. Fingers crossed!!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Matilda and Will were really good.

But such a weird combination of music! :drama:

Who on Earth thought it was a good idea to put Maroon 5's "One More Night" and Adele's "Skyfall" together?!

And the edits between them were awful! :eek:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

peese

Medalist
Matilda and Will were really good.

But such a weird combination of music! :drama:

Who on Earth thought it was a good idea to put Maroon 5's "One More Night" and Adele's "Skyfall" together?!

And the edits between them were awful! :eek:

CaroLiza_fan

Agreed! Odd music choices and bad edits but better than 4CC. A question Caro....Any word if Clara has had any luck finding a pair partner?

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
LOL, was thinking the same thing about the music, very odd combination. :scratch2:
Liked this next pair!
Not too sure about the commentary... He doesn't seem to be saying anything about the actual skating?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Unsurprisingly, WANG Shiyue / LIU Xinyu go into the lead with 66.something

They were definitely a different level to everybody before them.

The question is will either of the two remaining couples upstage them?

CaroLiza_fan

peese

Medalist
LOL, was thinking the same thing about the music, very odd combination. :scratch2:
Liked this next pair!
Not too sure about the commentary... He doesn't seem to be saying anything about the actual skating?

I liked them too! What stream are you watching with commentary Winnie?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Agreed! Odd music choices and bad edits but better than 4CC. A question Caro....Any word if Clara has had any luck finding a pair partner?

She's still doing Singles this season. So, I guess she has had no joy.

Not surprised, really. There are not many boys skating in singles on this island. And I can't imagine many experienced foreigners wanting to switch to representing a very small country with a skater who, although very experienced in Singles, is brand new to Pairs skating.

CaroLiza_fan

peese

Medalist
She's still doing Singles this season. So, I guess she has had no joy.

Not surprised, really. There are not many boys skating in singles on this island. And I can't imagine many experienced foreigners wanting to switch to representing a very small country with a skater who, although very experienced in Singles, is brand new to Pairs skating.

CaroLiza_fan

Damn! I was very keen to see how she would do in pairs. Great flair and love of skating when she performs!

peese

Medalist
The rink is starting to fill up! I believe we will have a good crowd for the ladies when they start in 40 minutes!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yep, they've got the order right (if I have remembered it right - they didn't keep the stream up for long for me to wind back!)

1. WANG Shiyue / LIU Xinyu, CHN
2. MURAMOTO Kana / REED Chris, JPN
3. CHEN Hong / ZHAO Yan, CHN
4. LEE Hojung / KAM Richard kang in, KOR
5. MORI Ibuki / SUZUKI Kentaro, JPN
6. FRIEND Matilda / BADAOUI William, AUS
7. MATHEW Aldrin Elizabeth / YAMA Anup Kumar, IND