2018 Winter Olympics Tickets | Golden Skate

2018 Winter Olympics Tickets

LunaeCarmen

Spectator
Hey guys! I just registered to this forum and I couldnt find any topic about my question. If it's been discussed before I'm really sorry.

My question is are the tickets for 2018 Winter Olympics already sold out or they havent put them on sale yet? I only found ticket sales for test event on the website.

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey guys! I just registered to this forum and I couldnt find any topic about my question. If it's been discussed before I'm really sorry.

My question is are the tickets for 2018 Winter Olympics already sold out or they havent put them on sale yet? I only found ticket sales for test event on the website.

As far as I know they have not gone on sale yet according to the official website.

http://www.pyeongchang2018.com/hori...A10&hb_BoardItem_ID=61539&hb_Mode=readArticle

ice coverage

Record Breaker
My post is not really about 2018 OWG tickets ... more about what the schedule will be.

I know that the schedule has not been officially announced.

CoSport, which is an authorized 2018 PyeongChang ticket reseller, seems to have a "preview* of what the final schedule could end up looking like.

According to the *preview* schedule on CoSport's site:

As originally reported by Hersh, most of the start times are 10:00 am.
10:30 am for the Pairs FS.
9:30 am for the Gala.

12 days of figure skating: 3 for the team event; 2 each for individual disciplines; gala.
In a change from 2014, the team event starts on the morning of the opening ceremony.
The order of the individual disciplines is the same as 2014: pairs (two consecutive days), men (ditto), dance (ditto), ladies (FS two days after the SP).​

Friday, 09 February - 10:00
10:00 Start
13:25 End
Team Event : Men's Single Skating - Short Program / Pair Skating - Short Program
[Opening Ceremony at 20:00 on the same day]​

Sunday, 11 February - 10:00
14:35 End
Team Event : Ice Dance - Short Dance / Ladies' Single Skating - Short Program / Pair Skating - Free Skating

Monday, 12 February - 10:00
13:10 End
Team Event : Men's Single Skating - Free Skating / Ladies' Single Skating - Free Program / Ice Dance - Free Dance

Wednesday, 14 February - 10:00
13:25 End
Pair Skating : Short Program

Thursday, 15 February - 10:30
10:30 Start
13:45 End
Pair Skating : Free Skating

Friday, 16 February - 10:00
14:30 End
Men's Single : Short Program

Saturday, 17 February - 10:00
14:25 End
Men's Single : Free Program

Monday, 19 February - 10:00
13:45 End
Ice Dance : Short Dance

Tuesday, 20 February - 10:00
13:35 End
Ice Dance : Free Dance

Wednesday, 21 February - 10:00
14:30 End
Ladies' Single : Short Program

Friday, 23 February - 10:00
14:10 End
Ladies' Single : Free Skating

Sunday, 25 February - 09:30
09:30 Start
12:00 End
Gala Exhibition​

Again, the official schedule has not been published.
I am making no claim that the listings above will turn out to be the same as the official schedule.

Apologies if these *preview* listings are common knowledge.
I'm posting them for anyone who is curious as to what the official schedule might end up looking like.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I remember starting a thread on this about the timing, depending what my work situation will be at the time, I hope I'll be able to watch the skating live in my lounge room during the day at home in Qld Australia as I originally thought it was gonna be prime time. Guess some passionate Aussies might take their annual leave if they can :)

beki

Medalist
How difficult will it be to score the tickets? As in, how many are reserved for Koreans or VIPs and how many will be available? I wonder how expensive they will be.

Sugiady

On the Ice
According to what I have known, the tickets are very expensive…
I have heard that the A level seats will be around 500 USD to 800 USD for FS and Gala.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I remember starting a thread on this about the timing, depending what my work situation will be at the time, I hope I'll be able to watch the skating live in my lounge room during the day at home in Qld Australia as I originally thought it was gonna be prime time. Guess some passionate Aussies might take their annual leave if they can :)

*looks up from annual leave application* Say what? *halo*

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
*looks up from annual leave application* Say what? *halo*

if you could get in early yeah, not sure what kind of job you have but I'm guessing the average 9-5 figure skating fan would be anxious all day not knowing what's happening lol

evasorange

Final Flight
Me and my family really reallllyyy want to get tickets! Anybody have any idea if there will be any seats under a 100? or how many will go on sale to Americans?

begin

Medalist
Me and my family really reallllyyy want to get tickets! Anybody have any idea if there will be any seats under a 100? or how many will go on sale to Americans?

My understanding is that 70% of all tickets will be available to the Korean public first. Last reports stated that the figure skating tickets will range from ₩150,000 (£92/$131/€115) to ₩800,000 (£490/$699/€612).

source: http://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...reveal-ticket-prices-for-winter-olympic-games

sarama

Medalist
I hope they change the schedule... 2 days between SP and FS seems terrible for the ladies, I can't imagine the nerves!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I hope they change the schedule... 2 days between SP and FS seems terrible for the ladies, I can't imagine the nerves!
It might be bad for some, but on the other hand it may give them time to settle their nerves... maybe turn things around if they had a poor SP...

For many competitions, the SP and FS are on consecutive days... and a bad SP can still be in the skater's head the following day, and affect their FS. An extra day (or two) can make all the difference.

I think Shoma at the GPF in Marseille is a good example of this. He had a poor SP (by his standards), and he didn't look any better in the practice session the following day. If the FS had been that same day, I doubt he could have got on the podium. But after an extra day, he turned it all around... he came second in the FS, landed on the podium overall, and was less than half a point from taking silver...

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
My understanding is that 70% of all tickets will be available to the Korean public first. Last reports stated that the figure skating tickets will range from ₩150,000 (£92/$131/€115) to ₩800,000 (£490/$699/€612).

source: http://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...reveal-ticket-prices-for-winter-olympic-games

If it is true it is quite generous to Korean public. I think in Sochi they started with 30% reserved - 20% Russian public - 50% other countries for individual events. For team event it was more lenient to the general public. That's why individual tickets were gone minutes after the sales started. And the team event was offered for a while. Well, as international quota was not used we ended up with similar 70-30: various FS tickets suddenly became available.

If only 30% of FS tickets are offered internationally chances are very slim that they will be in open sales in Russia: whatever quota we are going to have will be likely taken by officials and VIPs or companies arranging total packages. However, if good seats officially cost $700 per event I don't foresee a business for resellers. Say, 3 events for a couple plus gala is $5600 officially - kind of harsh. With resellers' markup the number of Russians who can and would like to afford these prices will be minuscule. And to fly to Korea and to sit at the very top - well, I'd rather watch on a big screen at home.

But if there are no good FS tickets available I am going to pass on Olympics.

evasorange

Final Flight
150 the cheapest option?! What the hell? Is the the norm for most Olympics? I was hoping for at least one under a hundred option...