2018 Winter Olympics Tickets | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2018 Winter Olympics Tickets

kiches

Final Flight
Adding onto the frustration, I sent a question asking about the seating chart asking if they can confirm whether judges sit on the same side as 103. This is the answer I got.

“Thank you for your interest in 2018 PyeongChang Olympic Winter Games!

We have checked about the place where the judges seated, however, the team preparing facilities for the Olympic venues answered us that it is still processing the seat setting,
and it will be completed by the end of January.

Sorry for not being able to give you the information you need.”

I’m not sure why this is an unanswerable question unless they’re changing camera direction. First events are less than a month away and they already held 4CC here last year. This is something they should know, or at least correct the direction on their seating map.

seabm7

Final Flight
Adding onto the frustration, I sent a question asking about the seating chart asking if they can confirm whether judges sit on the same side as 103. This is the answer I got.

“Thank you for your interest in 2018 PyeongChang Olympic Winter Games!

We have checked about the place where the judges seated, however, the team preparing facilities for the Olympic venues answered us that it is still processing the seat setting,
and it will be completed by the end of January.

Sorry for not being able to give you the information you need.”

I’m not sure why this is an unanswerable question unless they’re changing camera direction. First events are less than a month away and they already held 4CC here last year. This is something they should know, or at least correct the direction on their seating map.

Oh, well. this contradicts what's written at the Team Leader's Manual released kast December.

http://www.olimpiyatkomitesi.org.tr/Upload/PyeongChang2018/figure_scating_manual.pdf

See Appendix Page 7. They show Judge Stand on the map. The green area is for the press. Though they are shown in separate inlets, the judge stand and the press area are at the same side. The athletes drop off zone is at the opposite side. I think the top of the maps is North and the bottom of the maps is South. 103 is in the South side. It looks like all the maps aligned in the same direction as the one showing at the Pyeongchang ticketing site.

About processing the seat setting, I think what they meant could be they are still constructing the press boxes in the North side. Another possibility is they are checking the seat labels. I heard the spectators found mislabeled seats during the 4CC last year, such as row alphabets.

seabm7

Final Flight
Gangneung Arena as of January 19

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeHeHJ2HSaL/

Happy Birthday, Dabin!

Source: Ms. Jiyeon Oh, coach of Hanul Kim and mother of June Hyoung Lee. So Ms. Oh will be an Olympian, though her son would not be this time.

It seems that the color of the press desks is purple.

seabm7

Final Flight
Bus between Gangneung Station and Ice Arena

Someone called Gangneung City about the transportation problem:

https://twitter.com/bbangCC/status/954231979293069314

1) Until recently, they did not know the Olympic organizers cut down the shuttle service, either.

2) They are going to adjust the city bus lines to serve the Olympic Park: No. 202, 202-1, 300. The plan is not finalized yet.

misatokatsu

Spectator
I bought something on fan to fan i ended up not wanting but they said there was nothing to be done. The site was telling me I could cancel but it would never let me do it. And when I complained to them how I couldn't even upload it because I didn't have a korean bank account they didn't offer any further assistance. :rolleye: I swear this has been nothing but frustration left and right.

I had this same issue. I felt misled somehow when I found out, because they never said anything about this to fans.

kiches

Final Flight
Got an answer back on selling on fan to fan as a foreigner and they said there’s no way around needing a Korean bank account. I’m not sure if that’s actually true given how one representative didn’t know about the placement of the judges and kiss and cry even though it was published already in the PDF seabm7 linked to. I’m also not sure why the FAQ even tells you to contact them before registering tickets on the fan to fan sale if you don’t have a korean bank account.

Pretty frustrating responses through email, as I often get responses as if my questions aren’t being understood correctly. It makes me think that the representatives they have answering in English at least aren’t fluent, or they are just not well informed. Maybe I’ll give the 1331 number a shot one of these days as the email response time is pretty slow and maybe a direct conversation would work better.

seabm7

Final Flight
Taxi App

* Some of you may have noticed already:

Other than Men's free and Men's practice, tickets are available at https://tickets.pyeongchang2018.com and https://tickets.pyeongchang2018.com/ReSale.

* It is reported that the "Go Pyeongchang" app will be published next week. This app is supposed to have an interface to "Kakao T", the popular taxi calling service in South Korea.

Currently, it is difficult for foreign travelers to download "Kakao T" as a stand-alone, since the regional setting of user's app store account should be South Korea. Also the one-time phone verification by text should work. I sincerely hope "Go Pyeongchang" would solve these two problems.

http://www.etnews.com/20180117000203?mc=em_005_00001

cravey

Rinkside
Guys, stupid question, but, can you buy tickets from the official Pyeongchang site? (I have a VISA, too)
And have you got experience as a foreigner with buying tickets from the "fan-to-fan" section? If yes, what's the safest delivery method to choose? I read somewhere that if you choose "print at home" it takes a week to generate the ticket :/

cravey

Rinkside
https://www.insidethegames.biz/arti...ved-ticket-sales-for-olympics-and-paralympics

The selling of FS tickets is not going well... Just 62% of all the tickets were sold
Sad [emoji17]

Well, they are one of the most expensive tickets :(

I risked and bought a ticket to men SP through fan-to-fan section. Everything seems to have went well, I took the print-at-home ticket. As I understand from the FAQ these become available for printing after 7 days of the purchase date :scratch2:

kiches

Final Flight
Hi everyone, warning about print at home tickets. A fan I was talking to mentioned that only the most recently printed copy of the ticket is valid. Since I didn’t remember reading this online before I went to check and sure enough they had added an asterisk saying this fact.

This is now problematic for me as I didn’t keep track of which was my newest print out, and I had to throw one away as it didn’t print correctly I also maxed out on the 3 chances to print the ticket so I can’t just reprint it either.

I’m checking my two original copies and the QR codes at least look the same on all of them so I’m not sure if there’s any actual change to what is printed. Checking with their customer service now to see if they are in fact different or if they can be reissued. I’m going to hope they all printed the same because a lot can go wrong with printers and if your third attempt screwed up then it means you would be out of luck.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I’m going to hope they all printed the same because a lot can go wrong with printers and if your third attempt screwed up then it means you would be out of luck.
I'm just gonna say it, because we're all thinking it:
it's 2018.
Why oh why are these problems even allowed to exist? Why does everything with buying tickets for the Olympics have to be so ridiculously complicated and stressful?
It just boggles the mind.
Hope it works out for you.

kiches

Final Flight
I'm just gonna say it, because we're all thinking it:
it's 2018.
Why oh why are these problems even allowed to exist? Why does everything with buying tickets for the Olympics have to be so ridiculously complicated and stressful?
It just boggles the mind.
Hope it works out for you.

It does, I am boggled. I can understand it from a duplication prevent perspective, but what annoys me most is it's not written ANYWHERE when you login to actually print it from your account. I'm also certain this was added in the FAQ sometime later and no notice was given to ticket buyers (I certainly didn't receive an email). Logging in now the warning I get before printing is this, no mention of only the most recent printing being valid:

• As you cannot cancel tickets after the first print output, Print-at-home option will be available 7days after payment. Ticket type also can’t be changed after output.
  • Inkjet and laser printers are supported. 600DPI or higher is recommended.
  • All tickets are printed one by one, so make sure all tickets are properly issued after you are done printing. (Nordic Combined has 2 tickets per session)
  • Ticket(s) can be printed out up to 3 times in total. (Only the last ticket printed is valid)
  • If the QR code on the ticket is damaged, it can not be used

If their customer service was at least more responsive or helpful I wouldn't be as worried, at this point I'm lucky if I receive an answer in a few days and that's just not cutting it this close to the games.

kiches

Final Flight
Update on the print-at-home tickets. I was able to find all 3 of my original copies - I initially thought I threw one away because they looked exactly the same but it appears all three of the tickets I printed in November were identical at least. These were tickets I printed through someone else's account who sold their tickets to me. I asked them if they can contact customer service if for some reason the last ticket printed had to be thrown away. Here is their very unhelpful initial and latest response.

Response 1 was simply:

"The ticket you printed out the last time is only available."

That's it, no offer for solution, and not even a real answer.

Response 2:
"If you bring the tickets which was not printed at the last time, your ticket will not be scanned.

however we will issue your ticket at the ticket resolution center on the session day unless your print at home ticket is used."

So reply #2 was a bit better, but of course, the person I got the tickets from will not actually be at the event so we're following up with the question if presenting the receipt would be enough to get tickets reissued if the original buyer is not present.

I honestly wonder if all their customer service responses are like this, or if the responses are bit more thorough in Korean. Response 1 is really unacceptable, particularly if something actually happened to your printer and it didn't print correctly, or if your print-out got damaged.

I'll also add that I had submitted the same question to the same email that my buyer did, and she submitted it after I did. I haven't received a response, and she has. I'm not sure how they're handling the order in which these questions get a response, but I'm still waiting for answers to other questions I asked about refunding only 1 or 2 tickets in a single order.

seabm7

Final Flight
Update on the print-at-home tickets. I was able to find all 3 of my original copies - I initially thought I threw one away because they looked exactly the same but it appears all three of the tickets I printed in November were identical at least. These were tickets I printed through someone else's account who sold their tickets to me. I asked them if they can contact customer service if for some reason the last ticket printed had to be thrown away. Here is their very unhelpful initial and latest response.

Response 1 was simply:

"The ticket you printed out the last time is only available."

That's it, no offer for solution, and not even a real answer.

Response 2:
"If you bring the tickets which was not printed at the last time, your ticket will not be scanned.

however we will issue your ticket at the ticket resolution center on the session day unless your print at home ticket is used."

So reply #2 was a bit better, but of course, the person I got the tickets from will not actually be at the event so we're following up with the question if presenting the receipt would be enough to get tickets reissued if the original buyer is not present.

I honestly wonder if all their customer service responses are like this, or if the responses are bit more thorough in Korean. Response 1 is really unacceptable, particularly if something actually happened to your printer and it didn't print correctly, or if your print-out got damaged.

I'll also add that I had submitted the same question to the same email that my buyer did, and she submitted it after I did. I haven't received a response, and she has. I'm not sure how they're handling the order in which these questions get a response, but I'm still waiting for answers to other questions I asked about refunding only 1 or 2 tickets in a single order.

I got curious, called 1544-4226 and asked about the home-printing tickets. They say there are supposed to be some differences in the QR code between the print-outs. So if you are not sure which one is the last one, please bring all the print-outs. Oh, well... :rolleye:

Danibellerika

Medalist
I got curious, called 1544-4226 and asked about the home-printing tickets. They say there is supposed to be some differences in the QR code between the print-outs. So if you are not sure which one is the last one, please bring all the print-outs. Oh, well... :rolleye:

The QR codes look completely identical when lining up the papers against light >_>.

kiches

Final Flight
I got curious, called 1544-4226 and asked about the home-printing tickets. They say there is supposed to be some differences in the QR code between the print-outs. So if you are not sure which one is the last one, please bring all the print-outs. Oh, well... :rolleye:

Yes, I can't help but feel they may be pulling our legs here, but of course no one wants to be caught with an ugly surprise when they get there so bring your receipts!

kiches

Final Flight
FYI for anyone with a Pyeongchang Korail Pass thinking of refunding their pass and have already made reservations with it, if you already made seat reservation you have to cancel/refund all reserved tickets before you can ask for a refund of your pass

Since I had a Saver ticket with 3 people I had to refund 21 individual seats one by one before it allowed me to refund the pass. At first I thought just hitting refund would automatically refund all the tickets (and really, this is what they should've programmed the system to do).

light10

Rinkside
So it just so happens that my work decided to send me me to Seoul next month - nothing at all to do with the olympics, but I think I'll be able to take a few vacation days and go to the Olympics after the work trip! It's a little daunting to plan a last minute Olympics trip, but I think I have managed to make train tickets and hotel in Gangneung.

Anyhow, my question is, if I were looking for figure skating tickets, are there any secondary markets that have a decent amount/prices? Are the secondary markets (stubhub type places) safe for olympic tickets? The "C" seats are near the top of my price bracket, and are sold out for my dates (short and free dance). I've been watching the fan-to-fan like a hawk, but no luck yet. I may just be priced out of figure skating but I'm not giving up yet

So very excited for my first Olympics experience!