Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Thread: 2018 Winter Olympics Tickets

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danibellerika View Post
    I bought something on fan to fan i ended up not wanting but they said there was nothing to be done. The site was telling me I could cancel but it would never let me do it. And when I complained to them how I couldn't even upload it because I didn't have a korean bank account they didn't offer any further assistance. I swear this has been nothing but frustration left and right.
    I had this same issue. I felt misled somehow when I found out, because they never said anything about this to fans.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Got an answer back on selling on fan to fan as a foreigner and they said there’s no way around needing a Korean bank account. I’m not sure if that’s actually true given how one representative didn’t know about the placement of the judges and kiss and cry even though it was published already in the PDF seabm7 linked to. I’m also not sure why the FAQ even tells you to contact them before registering tickets on the fan to fan sale if you don’t have a korean bank account.

Pretty frustrating responses through email, as I often get responses as if my questions aren’t being understood correctly. It makes me think that the representatives they have answering in English at least aren’t fluent, or they are just not well informed. Maybe I’ll give the 1331 number a shot one of these days as the email response time is pretty slow and maybe a direct conversation would work better.

Tripping on the Podium

2 Not allowed!

Taxi App

* Some of you may have noticed already:

Other than Men's free and Men's practice, tickets are available at https://tickets.pyeongchang2018.com and https://tickets.pyeongchang2018.com/ReSale.

* It is reported that the "Go Pyeongchang" app will be published next week. This app is supposed to have an interface to "Kakao T", the popular taxi calling service in South Korea.

Currently, it is difficult for foreign travelers to download "Kakao T" as a stand-alone, since the regional setting of user's app store account should be South Korea. Also the one-time phone verification by text should work. I sincerely hope "Go Pyeongchang" would solve these two problems.

http://www.etnews.com/20180117000203?mc=em_005_00001

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Guys, stupid question, but, can you buy tickets from the official Pyeongchang site? (I have a VISA, too)
    And have you got experience as a foreigner with buying tickets from the "fan-to-fan" section? If yes, what's the safest delivery method to choose? I read somewhere that if you choose "print at home" it takes a week to generate the ticket :/

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...nd-paralympics

The selling of FS tickets is not going well... Just 62% of all the tickets were sold
    Sad

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by berry8 View Post
    https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...nd-paralympics

The selling of FS tickets is not going well... Just 62% of all the tickets were sold
    Sad
    Well, they are one of the most expensive tickets

I risked and bought a ticket to men SP through fan-to-fan section. Everything seems to have went well, I took the print-at-home ticket. As I understand from the FAQ these become available for printing after 7 days of the purchase date

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Hi everyone, warning about print at home tickets. A fan I was talking to mentioned that only the most recently printed copy of the ticket is valid. Since I didn’t remember reading this online before I went to check and sure enough they had added an asterisk saying this fact.

This is now problematic for me as I didn’t keep track of which was my newest print out, and I had to throw one away as it didn’t print correctly I also maxed out on the 3 chances to print the ticket so I can’t just reprint it either.

I’m checking my two original copies and the QR codes at least look the same on all of them so I’m not sure if there’s any actual change to what is printed. Checking with their customer service now to see if they are in fact different or if they can be reissued. I’m going to hope they all printed the same because a lot can go wrong with printers and if your third attempt screwed up then it means you would be out of luck.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiches View Post
    I’m going to hope they all printed the same because a lot can go wrong with printers and if your third attempt screwed up then it means you would be out of luck.
    I'm just gonna say it, because we're all thinking it:
    it's 2018.
    Why oh why are these problems even allowed to exist? Why does everything with buying tickets for the Olympics have to be so ridiculously complicated and stressful?
    It just boggles the mind.
    Hope it works out for you.

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie_20 View Post
    I'm just gonna say it, because we're all thinking it:
    it's 2018.
    Why oh why are these problems even allowed to exist? Why does everything with buying tickets for the Olympics have to be so ridiculously complicated and stressful?
    It just boggles the mind.
    Hope it works out for you.
    It does, I am boggled. I can understand it from a duplication prevent perspective, but what annoys me most is it's not written ANYWHERE when you login to actually print it from your account. I'm also certain this was added in the FAQ sometime later and no notice was given to ticket buyers (I certainly didn't receive an email). Logging in now the warning I get before printing is this, no mention of only the most recent printing being valid:

• As you cannot cancel tickets after the first print output, Print-at-home option will be available 7days after payment. Ticket type also can’t be changed after output.
    • Inkjet and laser printers are supported. 600DPI or higher is recommended.
    • All tickets are printed one by one, so make sure all tickets are properly issued after you are done printing. (Nordic Combined has 2 tickets per session)
    • Ticket(s) can be printed out up to 3 times in total. (Only the last ticket printed is valid)
    • If the QR code on the ticket is damaged, it can not be used

If their customer service was at least more responsive or helpful I wouldn't be as worried, at this point I'm lucky if I receive an answer in a few days and that's just not cutting it this close to the games.

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40