2018 Winter Olympics Tickets | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2018 Winter Olympics Tickets

Sam L

Medalist
Finally I booked the lodging: a new Golden Tulip hotel. Interesting that Cosport offered it me in October for $3600 a night, regular room. I cannot say that $900 that I had to pay via booking.com is a steal. But it's hard to deny that the difference is amazing.

I was just going to message you asking if you found a place. I am glad you have. As long as it's in Gangneung, with your schedule, you need to be in Gangneung. :) Are you still keen to meet up? I am now going to Ladies SP, practice and FS. I'm keen to see how else is going to the ladies events and if anyone wants to meet up. :)

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Are you still keen to meet up?

Sure, let's meet!

As long as it's in Gangneung, with your schedule, you need to be in Gangneung. :)

That's true - with my schedule - I even have made it color-coded.

http://uploads.ru/QB6LR.jpg

The key thing is to have an interesting sightseeing program. I remember that it saved me in Beiging from my wife's revolt: she is not a big sports fan. And if I fail to properly entertain her she may prefer a spa to a stand.

Some of events I may forego, though. Like speed skating where most of Russian top athletes were not invited.

And I have extra tickets for ladies free, B level. If anyone is interested I could sell them at a reduced price. If no one shows interest to buy them before the 23rd I will be ready to give them for free to the first person who shows the interest.

ilovecatsandfs

Spectator
An update for anyone interested in using the ebus&van service:

They are now accepting foreing phone numbers. They are currently accepting reservations for the period betweeen Feb 15-19 :) There is a $2 USD / 2000 KWN deposit per reservation.

seabm7

Final Flight
Security Checks at KTX Stations

They do security checks when you get on the KTX trains:

* At the stations in Seoul when you go to Gangneung, and
* at Gangneung Station when you come back to Seoul.

You may need additional time buffer considering this.

Triplecomb

Rinkside
There are some rooms on Booking, I think that a good idea could be divide one of them, a double, it is better maybe that take a hostel.

dzuo1015

Rinkside
They do security checks when you get on the KTX trains:

* At the stations in Seoul when you go to Gangneung, and
* at Gangneung Station when you come back to Seoul.

You may need additional time buffer considering this.

Thanks a lot for this information. What about getting off the train at gangneung? Do they do security check too after getting off the station?

twizzlesandturns

Rinkside
Will there be security checks going into the victory ceremony? I'll be switching hotels from Gangneung to Seoul on the day and I might have to haul my bags with me to the ceremony. But it is just a small backpack and a medium sized duffel :scratch2:

seabm7

Final Flight
Thanks a lot for this information. What about getting off the train at gangneung? Do they do security check too after getting off the station?

According to the fan who visited Gangneung, they did not do the security check at the arrival station. But this is just the current situation, and the Korean Government can change the policy if necessary.

carmen7077

On the Ice
Anyone who had experience in selling tickets in Viagogo? When is the last day the buyer will confirm the address? 5 days before the event? What if that person deliberately delayed the address confirmation?

I sold my ticket about a month ago and I've been waiting for my buyers to confirm his/her address for a month. I'm a bit anxious since it's only 10 days away from the competition and the unknown buyer has no sign of confirming his/her address at all. I'm also leaving the country in a week to attend OG so I wonder what will happen.

kiches

Final Flight
Anyone who had experience in selling tickets in Viagogo? When is the last day the buyer will confirm the address? 5 days before the event? What if that person deliberately delayed the address confirmation?

I sold my ticket about a month ago and I've been waiting for my buyers to confirm his/her address for a month. I'm a bit anxious since it's only 10 days away from the competition and the unknown buyer has no sign of confirming his/her address at all. I'm also leaving the country in a week to attend OG so I wonder what will happen.

Not sure about Viagogo but I sold some tickets on Stubhub and had similar issues. I had to contact their customer service and they had to reach out to the buyer to confirm their address. It took maybe 2-3 weeks before they were able to get in contact with them as they had provided an APO and also the international Stubhub site assumes you’re in South Korea and that mailing addresses will be in a Korea. According to them, that’s why they couldn’t auto-generate a label and I had to buy one myself and get reimbursed.

If the buyer doesn’t confirm addresses your sale should still be protected - at least this is what Stubhub’s policy is. I recommend you reach out to Viagogo as the buyer likely won’t confirm their address without some prodding and you should also let them know that you can only ship it up to a certain date. For me I was supposed to ship it within 3 business days if the transaction but I wasn’t able to because the buyer never replied within that time frame.

seabm7

Final Flight
Additional KTX Train for Closing Day Planned

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=103&oid=003&aid=0008425586

According to this article, they will add more trains from Gangneung/Jinbu Stations to the Seoul Metropolitan area just before or right after the midnight toward next day (i.e., around 24:00).

* For the time period including the opening day, they added trains. But when I checked at the LetsKorail site, most of those trains look already sold out.

February 8
February 9
February 10

* For the time period including the closing day, they have a plan to add trains. The trains are not shown in the LetsKorail website yet.

February 24
February 25

They posted the train type in the tables, too. If you hate reverse-direction seats, be careful when you reserve a seat in a KTX 1.

KTX 평창 (KTX Pyeongchang) : The model specically designed for mountain regions.
KTX 산천 (KTX Sancheon) : The prototype for KTX Pyeongchang
KTX 1 (or KTX I) : One of the older models. It has more seats, but half of the economy seats are in the reverse direction.

seabm7

Final Flight
Extended Seoul Subway Hour for Feb 16/17

http://topis.seoul.go.kr/notice/openNoticeList.do

Notice No. 1015

* On February 16th and 17th,

1. the Seoul Metropolitan Subway Lines 1 ~ 9 and
2. city bus lines serving major bus terminals and major train stations

will have extended operating hours, to serve people coming back to Seoul from the New Year Holiday. The last train/bus will complete/cease the operation at 02:00 next day.

For example, the last Line 1 subway train toward Seoul Station leaves Cheongnyangni Station at 01:42.

note) Concerning February 15th, I'm not sure if the operation hour will follow the business day schedule or the Sunday schedule.

* The night bus (aka Owl) lines and the night taxi shifts will keep normal operating hours during the New Year Holiday.

http://bus.go.kr/nBusMain.jsp
http://m.seoul.go.kr/lang/traffic/BusMain.do#hash=getNightBusList

* The Seoul Metropolitan Government is running an acceptable English website, including tourist maps.

http://topis.seoul.go.kr/eng/english.jsp

Wilwarin

On the Ice
The official site send a list of prohibited items

Food (including fruits) and beverages (including water) - sealed snacks for yourself are permitted with limitations. (Snacks that do not exceed 1L)
Tumblers and glass containers
Cheering tools (thunder stick, gong, magaphone, vuvuzela, whistle etc.) and luminescent cheering tools (laser pointer, flash light etc.)
Large flags (over 3m x 2m) and flags of non-participant country
Pet
Racist, religious, political, and commercial slogans/phrases and images
Wireless signal equipment (Portable WiFi)

-------
I hope hot water is available. It could be tough to go with only a couple of snacks.

carmen7077

On the Ice
Thanks!
I actually asked viagogo and it's actually some rediculous situation. My buyer relisted the ticket they bought and they are waiting for someone to buy that ticket. Viagogo is waiting for someone to buy the ticket and then give me the shipping address. That's so rediculous.

Not sure about Viagogo but I sold some tickets on Stubhub and had similar issues. I had to contact their customer service and they had to reach out to the buyer to confirm their address. It took maybe 2-3 weeks before they were able to get in contact with them as they had provided an APO and also the international Stubhub site assumes you’re in South Korea and that mailing addresses will be in a Korea. According to them, that’s why they couldn’t auto-generate a label and I had to buy one myself and get reimbursed.

If the buyer doesn’t confirm addresses your sale should still be protected - at least this is what Stubhub’s policy is. I recommend you reach out to Viagogo as the buyer likely won’t confirm their address without some prodding and you should also let them know that you can only ship it up to a certain date. For me I was supposed to ship it within 3 business days if the transaction but I wasn’t able to because the buyer never replied within that time frame.

kiches

Final Flight
Thanks!
I actually asked viagogo and it's actually some rediculous situation. My buyer relisted the ticket they bought and they are waiting for someone to buy that ticket. Viagogo is waiting for someone to buy the ticket and then give me the shipping address. That's so rediculous.

That... Sounds like it shouldn’t be allowed. I can’t believe Viagogo would allow that. The buyer should receive the ticket and then ship it themselves.

annemn

Rinkside
The official site send a list of prohibited items

Food (including fruits) and beverages (including water) - sealed snacks for yourself are permitted with limitations. (Snacks that do not exceed 1L)
Tumblers and glass containers
Cheering tools (thunder stick, gong, magaphone, vuvuzela, whistle etc.) and luminescent cheering tools (laser pointer, flash light etc.)
Large flags (over 3m x 2m) and flags of non-participant country
Pet
Racist, religious, political, and commercial slogans/phrases and images
Wireless signal equipment (Portable WiFi)

-------
I hope hot water is available. It could be tough to go with only a couple of snacks.

Just to clarify - a friend of mine emailed the organizers to ask about Wifi Eggs (since I assume a lot of people will be using them - especially international visitors) and they confirmed that regular old portable wifi eggs will be allowed in. I think they just don't want anyone coming in with a professional setup and trying to stream their own TV show or something. :laugh: