2018 Winter Olympics Tickets | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2018 Winter Olympics Tickets

Sam L

Medalist
Sure, let's meet!

That's true - with my schedule - I even have made it color-coded.

http://uploads.ru/QB6LR.jpg

The key thing is to have an interesting sightseeing program. I remember that it saved me in Beiging from my wife's revolt: she is not a big sports fan. And if I fail to properly entertain her she may prefer a spa to a stand.

Some of events I may forego, though. Like speed skating where most of Russian top athletes were not invited.

And I have extra tickets for ladies free, B level. If anyone is interested I could sell them at a reduced price. If no one shows interest to buy them before the 23rd I will be ready to give them for free to the first person who shows the interest.

That's a great idea you have your schedule all set out lol The only day I can't do 23 as I need to go back to Seoul after the Ladies FS. I can do 21-22. I'll PM you.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I am not participating myself, but wanted to wish all who will be in South Korea in person an enjoyable stay and positive excitement about competition/competitors You will be cheering for.

And @seabm7 - like it was in last year's 4CC thread, You are an amazing source of updates and any info concerning transportation etc., I am full of respect for all effort input into making this thread informative and helpful for others! :bow:, myself, I would be over the moon to have such back up and place to source updates from if participating:laugh:, really - thank You!

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Just received my New Horizons tickets. Disappointed - nothing different from regular A tickets, I mean no center seats. These guys made a fool at least of me. I wrote them an indignant letter. I think that charging $4,000 for 2 seats in block 111 is even worse what Russian black market dealers are doing: with them you at least know the seats you are buying. If someone still thinks about buying tickets from them - don't do it. They are not worth it.

I have to recognize that New Horizons did not just dismiss my letter. I received a response from them today. They made one upgrade on our seats moving us to 114 which is close to center. They also extended our lounge hours during 3 days. Well, I hoped originally that NH packages will get us center sectors. It did not happen. At least, the guys did something for us.

kiches

Final Flight
Staying in Gangneung now, for anyone who needs taxis they are readily available outside the station and there are many volunteers from Helping Hands to assist you (they were so nice, they tried to carry my luggage for me). They helped us tell the driver the location of our hotel.

One thing I noticed when exiting Gangneung Station today was that they had X-ray screening for bags and luggage. They only seemed to have metal detectors at Seoul Station but perhaps that will change.

Sam L

Medalist
I have to recognize that New Horizons did not just dismiss my letter. I received a response from them today. They made one upgrade on our seats moving us to 114 which is close to center. They also extended our lounge hours during 3 days. Well, I hoped originally that NH packages will get us center sectors. It did not happen. At least, the guys did something for us.

Oh good for you. Yeah give them hell you deserve to get more for paying that much.

ilovecatsandfs

Spectator
I'm being offered a seat in Block 112. Does anyone know if that's a good seat? I think it might be the judges side but I'm not sure (I get confused with the directions N/E/W/S :scratch2:). Anyone knows?

carmen7077

On the Ice
I am very sorry to bother you guys with this post. A reminder, never sell you tickets in viagogo. It's just the worst website I have ever used and their customer service the worst I have ever dealt with in my whole life. I will never sell anything there in the future. They are rediculous, beyond my imagination.

First they relisted my tickets and I am waiting for a thirdparty to buy that ticket, which is already making nonsense, so I have no address to ship to before.
Second, the day before yesterday I finally manage to get my direct buyer's address, and they ask me to ship it "asap", but they didn't generate a shipping lable for me. In my sales page it still says "awaiting for buyer address".
Third, as I was trying to email them and ask them to release the shipping lable, things are driving me so crazy. No one, literally no one (I dealt with five customer service person, OMG) understood my reply and all of them kept giving me the same robotic answer with exact same word, say, now your ticket is relisted, you have to wait until FEB 20 to get your shipping lable. And yes, they only have e-mail systems that will reply in 24hrs/message. I am so tired after about 5 round of explaining the situation and getting the exact same answer for almost 5 times.

I am leaving next Monday, no way I can wait until FEB 20...

Danibellerika

Medalist
I'm being offered a seat in Block 112. Does anyone know if that's a good seat? I think it might be the judges side but I'm not sure (I get confused with the directions N/E/W/S :scratch2:). Anyone knows?

it's judges side next to the center most section. I have a ticket for section 114.

Danibellerika

Medalist

That's great to hear! I'm 114 for the men's short so I might see you.

seabm7

Final Flight

seabm7

Final Flight
Price Marked Down for Pair Events

There is a report that the organizers downgraded B seats to C seats in the side sectors (for example, 218) for the pairs short and free events. Considering the KTX trains are fully booked, it will be not easy for spectators to add more events to their schedules if they stay outside of Gangneung. I guess more local people may end up watching pair events.

evasorange

Final Flight
For anyone who has taken ktx-is it hard to find your scheduled train? Is it like at airport with a big board full of arrival and departure times? I’m from a place where the only public transport is buses/taxis...and am starting to get nervous about being able to find my ktx train on time for departure..:

seabm7

Final Flight
For anyone who has taken ktx-is it hard to find your scheduled train? Is it like at airport with a big board full of arrival and departure times? I’m from a place where the only public transport is buses/taxis...and am starting to get nervous about being able to find my ktx train on time for departure..:

For Seoul Station and Cheongnyangni Station, yes they are just like airports. You should check the board to find the platform for your KTX train.

evasorange

Final Flight
For Seoul Station and Cheongnyangni Station, yes they are just like airports. You should check the board to find the platform for your KTX train.

As always seabm7 you are an angel of information! What about Sangbong? It was the only ktx station in Seoul I could
Book for the men’s free on the 17

seabm7

Final Flight
As always seabm7 you are an angel of information! What about Sangbong? It was the only ktx station in Seoul I could
Book for the men’s free on the 17

Sangbong is a commuter station. This is the first time it hosts a KTX class train. I haven't visited this place before, but I believe it would be easier to navigate inside it. The KTX train platform is over the ground. I heard they have a ticket machine, not a ticket window. If you need help, the customer service is on the 3rd floor.

There are several claims on whether one has to pass through a gate to the KTX platform or not. I will figure it out on the 15th, when I go to Gangneung.

The joke is, if you walk on the KTX platform too far, you may end up in the next station, Mangu. The two stations are just 600 m apart. =)

If you are coming by Subway Line 7, you may need enough buffer time to climb from the B3 subway platform to the train station.

seabm7

Final Flight
Price Marked Down for Ice Dance Events

There is a report that the organizers downgraded B seats to C seats in the side sectors (for example, 237) for the ice dance events.

seabm7

Final Flight
More KTX Trains Next Week and Closing Day

The Olympic organizers sent a text message:

Feb 19,20,21, and 24: Two more KTX trains

Feb 25 (Closing Ceremony): Four more TKX trains

The booking will open on Feb. 14.

kiches

Final Flight
There is a report that the organizers downgraded B seats to C seats in the side sectors (for example, 218) for the pairs short and free events. Considering the KTX trains are fully booked, it will be not easy for spectators to add more events to their schedules if they stay outside of Gangneung. I guess more local people may end up watching pair events.
Thanks for the info! Now don’t I feel like a chump for buying Category C seats earlier for pairs free...

Regarding finding your train/track at the station, pay attention to the boards and that you’re at the right part of the station (KTX vs metro vs Airport Railroad). When in doubt give yourself a buffer to figure out your surroundings or ask for help. If you’re transferring between metro and KTX be prepared to potentially walk a long distance.