Betina Popova & Sergey Mozgov | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Betina Popova & Sergey Mozgov

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
They are definitely my favourite Russian Dance team ATM. Too bad we will miss them at WC... hoping for their well deserved breakthrough next year

Tex

On the Ice
I LOVE everything about their Cabaret RD. It’s unique, fun, interesting, theatrical, and very broadway. Betina has really studied Liza in the movie, but she has made the Sally Bowles character her own.

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I loved their RD I didn't like their costumes though.A little OTT.I thought his tattoos with whatever else he was wearing looked awful and I didn't like the moustache:noshake:
I'm sure Nathalie Pechalet had to tone down her costume when she wore similar?
Still I absolutely love this team so much personality and energy they can pull this off but tone down the costume it's not a gala.

Tex

On the Ice
Another great and entertaining program from these too. Their costumes for the FD aren’t quite right. The red pants and belts on him are good, but maybe he could try something similar to one of the shirts Freddie wore like Flash. Betina’s dress seemed to get in the way of lifts. She should wear a catsuit with one of the patterns Freddie used in the body suits he wore like the harlequin print. It would really stand out and make her positions the lifts like the rotational and stationary pop out more.

At some point, they could turn the FD into a show program and dress up as Wayne and Garth.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Withdrawal from 2020 National Championships: https://www.instagram.com/p/B6aoi7fIi6J

Mozgov has a serious spine injury and needs to rehabilitate: https://rsport.ria.ru/20191223/1562736141.html

“Seryozha is very badly injured, last month he didn’t skate at all, he was on a back rehabilitation. His discs were worn out, pinching his nerves. We thought that he would have time to recover in time for the Russian championship, they started skating some, but his back started to hurt even more. Last week they did a blockade, but there is no particular improvement. Therefore, they decided not to compete in the Russian championship, "
Krylova told over the phone.

“While there is no talk of surgery. I think it will become clear by January. It’s a pity that they miss the championship, ” she added.