Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
8 - 11 Dec 2016

Ladies Short Program
Friday, December 9, 2016
21:45 UTC +1

Times in other locations
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=33&p5=248&p6=240&p7=224&p8=286&p9=261&p10=18

Marseille France

Start Order

StN.NameNation
Warm-Up Group 1
1Satoko MIYAHARA
JPN
2Kaetlyn OSMOND
CAN
3Maria SOTSKOVA
RUS
4Anna POGORILAYA
RUS
5Elena RADIONOVA
RUS
6Evgenia MEDVEDEVA
RUS
Entries

No.NameNation
1Kaetlyn OSMOND
SP Sous le ciel de Paris performed by Edith Piaf, Milord performed by Edith Piaf; choreo by Lance Vipond, Jeffrey Buttle
LP Mimi Tells Her Story (from "La Boheme - The Ballet") by G. Puccini, arranged by K. Hocking, Sono Andati (from "La Boheme") by Giacomo Puccini; choreo by Lance Vipond, Jeffrey Buttle

Fan Fest: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?39185-Kaetlyn-Osmond

CAN
2Satoko MIYAHARA
SP Musetta's Waltz from La Boheme by Giacomo Puccini; choreographed by Lori Nichol
LP Jupiter from The Planets Suite by Gustav Holst; choreo by Tom Dickson

Fan Fest: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?52537-Satoko-Miyahara
JPN
3Evgenia MEDVEDEVA
SP "River Flows in You" by Lorenzo de Luca, "The Winter" by Balmorhea; choreo by Daniil Gleikhengauz, Ilia Averbukh
LP Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close soundtrack by Alexandre Desplat, Piano Lesson with Grandma by Alexandre Desplat; choreo by Daniil Gleikhengauz, Ilia Averbukh

Fan Fest: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?51695-Evgenia-Medvedeva
RUS
4Anna POGORILAYA
SP "Por Una Cabeza" written by Carlos Gardel; choreo by Misha Ge
LP Modigliani soundtrack by Guy Farley, "Le Di a la Caza Alcance (with Michael Nyman)" by Estrella Morente, Memoria Requiem, arranged by Michael Nyman from The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover (Film Score 1989); choreo by Nikolai Morozov

Fan Fest: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?40382-Anna-Pogorilaya
RUS
5Elena RADIONOVA
SP Porgy & Bess soundtrack: "It Ain't Necessarily So" by George Gershwin; choreo by Anna Bilibina, Shae-Lynn Bourne, Nadezhda Kanaeva
LP Turandot by Giacomo Puccini; choreo by Anna Bilibina, Shae-Lynn Bourne, Nadezhda Kanaeva

Fan Fest: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?40010-Elena-Radionova
RUS
6Maria SOTSKOVA
SP Butterflies Are Free by Alfred Schnittke; choreo by Irina Tagaeva, Petr Tchernyshev, Nikita Mikhailov
LP Adagio by Alfred Schnittke; choreo by Irina Tagaeva, Petr Tchernyshev, Nikita Mikhailov

Fan Fest: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?51470-Maria-Sotskova
RUS

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Referee Yukiko OKABE JPN
Tech Controller Elisabeth LOUESDON FRA
Tech Spec Kelly CRUICKSHANK CAN
Asst Tech Spec Zuzana HOROSCAKOVA SVK

Last edited:

Tyranid

Final Flight
Referee Yukiko OKABE JPN
Tech Controller Elisabeth LOUESDON FRA
Tech Spec Kelly CRUICKSHANK CAN
Asst Tech Spec Zuzana HOROSCAKOVA SVK

This info was posted on sport.sru as well.

JPN and CAN on the technical panel... yeah. Somebody payed a lot of money I guess! As if a GPF could get even more nerve wracking.

Seriously, who likes podium sweeps anyways. :laugh: We need diversity, we need to expand the sport. #expandthesport!

chloepoco

Medalist
This info was posted on sport.sru as well.

JPN and CAN on the technical panel... yeah. Somebody payed a lot of money I guess! As if a GPF could get even more nerve wracking.

Seriously, who likes podium sweeps anyways. :laugh: We need diversity, we need to expand the sport. #expandthesport!

These kind of comments are unnecessary......unless you have proof that "somebody paid a lot of money"?

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Referee doesn't have much to do with the technical decisions, but the Tech Spec sure does.

That could mean Kaetlyn won't get any carrots, but poor Satoko might get a garden full of 'em.
But there are 4 Russian ladies not particularly known for egregious URs, so not sure how much help that is in the big picture.

moriel

Record Breaker
These kind of comments are unnecessary......unless you have proof that "somebody paid a lot of money"?

Well, this season we already collected enough evidence of national bias of judges: most if not all judges give higher scores to their own skaters and lower scores to their direct competitors.
It is not entirely unfair to also suspect there is national bias in tech pannel too.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Well, this season we already collected enough evidence of national bias of judges: most if not all judges give higher scores to their own skaters and lower scores to their direct competitors.
It is not entirely unfair to also suspect there is national bias in tech pannel too.

Judging is much more subjective, i.e. subject to one's personal biases, than technical verification of elements.

Some skaters, regardless of their nationalities, should be glad that Shin Amano is not in the tech panel.

chloepoco

Medalist

You're talking bias; the poster I quoted is accusing the technical panel of monetary bribery.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Judging is much more subjective, i.e. subject to one's personal biases, than technical verification of elements.

Some skaters, regardless of their nationalities, should be glad that Shin Amano is not in the tech panel.

But you never know how strict callers are going to be any more. Everyone was relieved that Amano wasn't the ladies caller at NHK, but Gilberto Viadana turned out to be almost as strict, and he'd never had a reputation for strictness before. And Michael Hopfes, the caller at SC, was strict too, although only with certain skaters.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Wow, all 4 Russian ladies back to back. I'm expecting clean performances from everyone to be frank. :cool: Bring down the house girls :yahoo:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
First I hope for good ice condition for the girls.

Most of these ladies got nerves of steel, they'll grit their teeth and land their jumps through sheer will. (elena/satoko/evgenia ;))

And if all else, cancel the ladies FS and they can join the snow cone party with the slushed ice :laugh:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I decided to change my predictions to both Satoko & Kaitlyn on the podium:yay::biggrin:

millie

Medalist
With the odds stacked against Osmond and everyone thinking that she won't be on the podium. She has nothing to lose and will go out there and skate her best program ever.....no expectations and no pressure.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
With the odds stacked against Osmond and everyone thinking that she won't be on the podium. She has nothing to lose and will go out there and skate her best program ever.....no expectations and no pressure.

Well, in the prediction game, quite some people predicted Kaetlyn in 3rd, so not everyone thinking that she won't be on the podium.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Well, in the prediction game, quite some people predicted Kaetlyn in 3rd, so not everyone thinking that she won't be on the podium.

I saw that too, and here I thought I was taking a chance by placing Kaetlyn off the podium. :laugh:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Seems like Med is doing great in practice, so I don't think this will actually be a very exciting outing here. Other than first, of course...the rest is wide open.

da96103

Record Breaker
So I see the Russian Skating Federation is saving money by having their Ladies Nationals at GPF.

All the best for these six ladies.