2016 Golden Spin of Zagreb Ladies FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Golden Spin of Zagreb Ladies FS

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Pretty good effort from Amber today. When she fell on the 2A, I thought she would fall apart, so good for her for keeping it together.

leafygreens

Final Flight
I just want to see Gracie go for all her jumps and stop popping them. That shows lack of confidence and conviction. If you fall you fall.

Even though I'm a very low-level skater compared to Gracie, I understand how nerves can derail your competitions. For me personally, my legs get extremely stiff when they call my name and I skate about half as well as I do in practice. I wonder if that is what is going on with her. I'm not sure how to overcome it myself, but I can definitely empathize if she is struggling with nerves.

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
Even though I'm a very low-level skater compared to Gracie, I understand how nerves can derail your competitions. For me personally, my legs get extremely stiff when they call my name and I skate about half as well as I do in practice. I wonder if that is what is going on with her. I'm not sure how to overcome it myself, but I can definitely empathize if she is struggling with nerves.

Yes, that's what is happening to Gracie. Frank Carroll has said this. Kurt Browning has also commented about the stiffness in her legs (less knee bend) and in her upper body.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Tuk - 129.02 65.46 64.56
Leonova - 127.21 62.81 64.40
Caro - 126.28 55.40 70.88

Compare to the top 2, her PCS are ok for the event. With that kind of layout, and she can score 126+, you bet she will get 2 spots for Italy just in time. The US ladies can kiss good bye to the third spot now.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Gracie should go back to her programs from last year. Not that there's anything wrong with her current ones; it's just that she should have those 2015-16 programs pretty much ingrained in her muscle memory. That might help with her nerves. But she also may need to tweak her jump layout a bit in the long program. The 3-3 combo should be the third jump. Start with the double axel, triple loop and then the combo. She needs to get steady on her feet before she does it. I think the US ladies can still get three spots. Don't forget Ashley won Skate America. I still have faith in Gracie. I also hope Mirai is on the World team.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Thanks for the info about Golden Spin.

Sounds like it was an interesting event.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States

I ran track as a kid and before every race at the start before the gun my legs would turn to jelly. But I hated to lose so I didn't.

I also acted professionally and opening night I would pray for a fire in the theatre just so I wouldn't have to go on but once I did the adrenaline took over and I was fine. I think Gracie's nerves paralyze her and she can't shake them. Such a pity, so much talent.

sallycinnamon

Medalist
I couldn't watch FP today, so thank your for the updates and comments.

I can't wait for watching Carolina's SP and LP with better quality. Is her next competition the Europeans?

humbaba

Final Flight
Pretty good effort from Amber today. When she fell on the 2A, I thought she would fall apart, so good for her for keeping it together.

Slowly but surely, Amber seems to be learning how to compete. That she was able to come back after the fall was a significant accomplishment for her. In the past, Amber has crumbled after a mistake.

mermaid

On the Ice
Country
Belarus
I couldn't watch FP today, so thank your for the updates and comments.

I can't wait for watching Carolina's SP and LP with better quality. Is her next competition the Europeans?

I think the Italian Nationals are to start in a week os so.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think the Italian Nationals are to start in a week os so.

That was fun last year. I can't remember her name but that one girl who was novice and skated asjunior was killer in the SP. I hope to see her again and even better :cheer2: