My top 5 is !

1) Hubell Donohue fd

2) Virtue Moir sd

3) Hubell Donohue sd

4) Medvedeva sp

5) Tarasova Morozov sp

tulosai

Record Breaker
1. Virtue and Moirs SD. It is EVERYTHING. I could watch the last 30 seconds on repeat for the rest of my life.

2. Katelyn Osmond's SP. I love how flirty and fun it is, really beautiful!

3. Peng and Jin's SP. It brings a smile to my face every time.

4. Virtue and Moir FD. It's a really mature, nuanced work, I enjoy it more and more as the season goes on.

5. Anna Pogorylia's LP.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
1. Tessa and Scott both SP and FS :bow:
2. Yuzu's SP
3. Satoko's FS. May the force be with her at worlds:clap:
4. Shoma's FS
5. Anna Pogo's FS

Honorable mentions: Shibs' twizzles, Yuzu's 4Lo save, Anna Pogo and Evgenia fangirling during men's event, Radford's music for Patrick's FS, Yuzu supporting Javi during the FS, Chen's quads, Tessa's new FS dress

MsSweetie

Rinkside
1. Virtue and Moir all around. Their connection is stronger than ever and I love their stuff.
2. Kaetlyn Osmond. Her SP is fantastic, her 3-3 in the short and long is amazing and she landed her 3 loop in the free. 4th in an incredibly strong field is outstanding.
3. Patrick Chan's 3 axel in the SP. If he could only bottle that moment for the rest of the year...
4. Papadakis/Cizeron's FD. Light and absolutely beautiful
5. Anna's LP. Atta girl.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Shoma LP
Anna LP
Yuzuru SP
Anna SP/Yuzuru LP
Yuzuru going crazy in the Gala

Honorable mentions, shrieking Anna Tsareva, smiley Higuchi, puppy eyed Shoma, Wrestling intros and Yuzuru, Anna and Evgenia fangirling Javier!

gnom

On the Ice
1. First of all I really like some unexpected outcomes (e.g. in pairs or men)
2. Tarasova/Morozov SP - the first program of them that I really like
3. tied Virtue/Moir and Shibutani's SD - love both their HipHop programs
4. Shoma FS - he is just such a cutie
5. music choice of Chock/Bates FD - I'm not into Chock/Bates skating but I really love that piece of music for a figure skating routine

On a random note: Isn't it interesting that literally no-one mentions Medvedev's programs although she produces one clean skate after the other, is it? I admire her consistency but I can't help asking myself why she is getting the marks she is getting. The arm flailing simply bothers me.

LadyB

Record Breaker
In no particular order:

1. Tarasova/Morozov SP+FP
3. Anna Pogorilaya SP
4. Elena Radionova SP
5. Yuzu Hanyu SP

blackey

On the Ice
VM SD+FD (these two programs for me are so much above others
satoko fp
anna fp

honorable mention:
nathan fp (wow still get long way to go but i'm impressed

Seruleane

Final Flight
Yuzu SP
Anna SP and LP
Satoko LP
V/M SD
Shibs SD

Yuzu and his many moments with each of the Russian ladies+pooh was hands down my favorite in this GPF though!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Virtue and Moir all of it... getting stronger and better every competition.
Patrick's SP, improved steps sequences in both programs and 4S! Step by step, he's climbing the ladder.
Kaetlyn's SP but moreover her attitude at GPF. She didn't show major nerves. Wasn't perfect but she went for it.
Nathan's LP. I like Nathan more and more and more. I think he is a better skater (PCS wise) than a lot of people think he is. He will get recognized for it soon enough.
Shoma's LP. Awesome performance for him. Some of his landings were better here. I am starting to believe in this program for him and that's a huge improvement compared to the first time I saw it. He's worked a lot in projecting the intensity necessary to pull off this strong tango. Very well done.

Last edited:

Skye

On the Ice
In no particular order:

Tessa & Scott's SD
Yuzuru's SP
Shoma's FS
Kaetlyn's SP
Anna's FS

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yuzu's Swan EX (I'd pay money to see just that performance)

Nastya's R&J

Anna's FS

Yuzuru's SP

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
The best part was watching with you folks. Thanks for the fun everyone. Especially those of you in the dance and pairs threads.
The worst part was missing most of the Free Dance what with phone calls, computer crashes and dogs that wanted to have their lunch made.

1. The Ice Dancing SDs: I think I like all of them (except for the bad to the bone part of chock and bates and the crazy hiphop cut fest end of H/D). I am really loving the Short Dance this year. V/M are my favourites here but I like all them The SD is my happy place.
2. T/M's SP was great and they earned their win here. Good for them on the breakthrough.
3. Chan and Hanyu's SP. So different yet so enjoyable.
4. Katelyn Osmond's SP was so well skated. So proud of her since it was her first time at the finals. Too bad about the LP but I think more opportunities she has to skate in that final flight the better she will preform when it counts.
5. The craziness of the Men's LP was exciting. I could not have called that result in a million years. Just wish Chan, Rippon and Fernandez had skated as well as Shoma and Nathan. Hanyu skated well enough to the get the job done so big claps for him.

Crazy GPF. I had an idea of who would win and I think I only got Hanyu right. I thought Anna P might pull off the upset here. Could not have called D/R losing and I thought the French would win the ID.

GB is hanging in my bathroom drying out so he can go in his box. He won't do well if I leave him out as we are getting about 10inches of snow this week. So he won't be around for Europeans, nationals or four continents. He might make it up for worlds if we have an early spring (I can't put him up in the frozen ground).

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Yuzu's Swan EX (I'd pay money to see just that performance)

Nastya's R&J

Anna's FS

Yuzuru's SP

Is Nastya a junior? I didn't watch any of juniors. I know I should. Maybe I will over the holidays as they are on youtube.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is Nastya a junior? I didn't watch any of juniors. I know I should. Maybe I will over the holidays as they are on youtube.

Anastasia Gubanova: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNh2uOk2joo

Mostly I'm just pumped she slayed the FS and got everything out of it she could. Her SP is probably my favorite program from any lady this year Jr or Senior but she made an error and had to buckle down in the FS to get a silver. Double first pumping out of the Salchow at the very end with a smile for a mile. I love this kid!!

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Anastasia Gubanova: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNh2uOk2joo

Mostly I'm just pumped she slayed the FS and got everything out of it she could. Her SP is probably my favorite program from any lady this year Jr or Senior but she made an error and had to buckle down in the FS to get a silver.

Wow... That was really nice and impressive jumps too. Thanks for giving me the link. :)

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow... That was really nice and impressive jumps too. Thanks for giving me the link. :)

Add her Swan Short program from this season to your holiday YouTube viewing list. Even with mistakes it's incredible that a Junior skater can interpret so well and I think you'll be glad you did :)

Merjan

On the Ice
These are mine, too, though I'd probably have Papadakis -Cizeron FD there as well.
So Yuzu SP,
Osmond SP,
Miyahara FP,
Shoma FP
and Papadakis - Cizeron FD