2017 Europeans - Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Europeans - Entries

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I've read some weeks ago that Penny was already back on the ice, so probably she recovers good... Happy to see them in Ostrava!

I know she's back on ice, and I would to have them in EC, but still. It's not that long, and the back on ice was that she could put the skates on. Not doing complicated steps etc. I'm just worried for her knee. Usually skaters with serious complicated injuries take more time between putting skates on and competing. But I guess they put them on team just in case Penny will be ready, it's not like they can't WD if Penny won't feel good enough. I just didn't expected Penny & Nick to compete before Worlds this season, considering how serious than injury was and that she has to re-learn choreo, lifts etc.

Last edited:

Nathan13

Medalist
I just didn't expected Penny & Nick to compete before Worlds this season, considering how serious than injury was and that she has to re-learn choreo, lifts etc.
Can they go to World's as their first competition? Don't they have to have the minimum scores first?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Can they go to World's as their first competition? Don't they have to have the minimum scores first?

TES Minimums lasts two seasons. Otherwise, how could they go to Europeans? There are TES minimums too afterall. Besides, that's what P/C did last year too, right? Were out of GP series, becuase of Gabi injury, but came back for Europeans and Worlds. It's not like only champions have dispensation. For same reason Stolbova/Klimov can come back for Europeans, and Sui/Han can come back for 4CC if they would like too.

mariap

Rinkside
Confirmed Finnish team

Women: Jenni Saarinen and Viveca Lindfors
Men: Valtter Virtanen
Dance: Cecilia Törn & Jussiville Partanen

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Confirmed Finnish team

Women: Jenni Saarinen and Viveca Lindfors
Men: Valtter Virtanen
Dance: Cecilia Törn & Jussiville Partanen

Source?

This twitter says it's Emmi Peltonen who goes to Europeans. Which makes more sense, since she's the Finnish champion.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Source?

This twitter says it's Emmi Peltonen who goes to Europeans. Which makes more sense, since she's the Finnish champion.

It is Emmi who is going but not because she is the Finnish champion but because she has better SB score than Jenni does. Last year Anni Järvenpää won the Finnish championships but it was Viveca, who was only 4th at the Finnish championships, who got to go to Euros and Worlds. And that was because Viveca had the best SB score. So, basically Finnish championships means nothing when deciding who goes to Euros or Worlds.

Finnish team for Ostrava
http://www.stll.fi/?x2126=7643038

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Source?

Copy from sttl's site, (Finnish figure skating federation):

Naiset: Emmi Peltonen, Viveca Lindfors
Varalla (järjestyksessä): Jenni Saarinen, Hanna Kiviniemi

Miehet: Valtter Virtanen
Varalla: Roman Galay

Jäätanssi: Cecilia Törn - Jussiville Partanen
Varalla: Juulia Turkkila - Matthias Versluis

Varalla= substitute, järjestyksessä = in order and the other words you probably can guess.

rosy14

Final Flight
TES Minimums lasts two seasons. Otherwise, how could they go to Europeans? There are TES minimums too afterall. Besides, that's what P/C did last year too, right? Were out of GP series, becuase of Gabi injury, but came back for Europeans and Worlds. It's not like only champions have dispensation. For same reason Stolbova/Klimov can come back for Europeans, and Sui/Han can come back for 4CC if they would like too.

In any case there is still a competition (in Poland) where you can get the minimum TES for Euros.

patinage_adulte

On the Ice
French Team
source : https://ffsg.org/evenement/isu-championnat-deurope-2017-ostravia-republique-tcheque/

LADIES
LECAVELIER Laurine
MEITE Maé-Bérénice

No Substitute

MEN
BESSEGHIER Chafik
AYMOZ Kévin

Substitute :
PONSART Romain

PAIRS
JAMES Vanessa / CIPRES Morgan
1st pairs in TORUN between ESBRAT Lola /NOVOSELOV Andrei and MENDOZA Camille /KOVALEV Pavel
Substitute
2nd pairs in TORUN

DANSE
PAPADAKIS Gabriella / CIZERON Guillaume
LAURIAULT Marie-Jade / LE GAC Romain

Substitute
ALESSANDRINI Lorenza / SOUQUET Pierre

Nirti

Medalist
Little update after watching some facebook pages ^^
Niki Wories had a surgery in november, is back on ice so she's not retired and continues to train with Richard Gauthier in Montreal. So maybe a chance to see her in Ostrava.
Cécile and Richard Postiaux are now doing shows, so we'll probably not see a belgian dance team in Ostrava.

Cisema

Spectator
NO the last competition under the 21 days prior to ISU Euros Champs are last week in Bratislava
I think, the last change for Euros were Santa Claus (Budapest) and Golden Spin (Zagreb) - Bratislava was a junior competition and does not count for seniors :scratch2:

Last edited:

Nirti

Medalist
I think, the last change for Euros were Santa Claus (Budapest) and Golden Spin (Zagreb) - Bratislava was a junior competition and does not count for seniors :scratch2:

Yes!

That's a bit curious to have no possibilities in january to reach TES.

deneb

On the Ice
Italian Federation has published the internal ranking updated after Nationals.
According to rules the selection for Euros will be done on the basis of that ranking so Italian Team should be:
Ladies: Carolina Kostner, Roberta Rodeghiero
Men: Ivan Righini, Maurizio Zandron
Pairs: Valentina Marchei / Ondrej Hotarek, Nicole Della Monica / Matteo Guarise, Rebecca Ghilardi / Filippo Ambrosini
Dance: Anna Cappellini / Luca Lanotte, Charlene Guignard / Marco Fabbri, Jasmine Tessari / Francesco Fioretti

deneb

On the Ice
Team Italy officially confirmed by Italian Federation
http://www.fisg.it/content/Figura-i-convocati-per-gli-Europei-di-Ostrava/61831

MEN
Ivan Righini (Icelab)
Maurizio Zandron (Ice Skating Bolzano)
Substitute: Matteo Rizzo (Icelab)

LADIES
Carolina Kostner (Fiamme Azzurre)
Roberta Rodeghiero (Icelab)
Substitute: Giada Russo (Ice Club Torino)

PAIRS
Marchei-Hotarek (Aeronautica Militare-Fiamme Azzurre)
Della Monica-Guarise (Icelab)
Ghilardi-Ambrosini (Icelab)

DANCE
Cappellini-Lanotte (Fiamme Azzurre)
Guignard-Fabbri (Agorà)
Tessari-Fioretti (Agorà)

deneb

On the Ice
Giada :sad21:

I hope Carolina and Roberta will get 3 spots for next year's Euros and we'll see Giada again!

Caro and Roberta can get the 3rd spot but Giada next year has also to watch out for the younger skaters.