2017 Europeans - Entries | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 Europeans - Entries

Nirti

Medalist
Post #1 edited :)

No surprises with the men entries, finally 36 (so Kranjec seems to have retired)
Happy to see Maxwell and Wories on the ladies list, and surprised to see Vassileva!
No Cherniavskaia/Krasnopolski in pairs, do they already split???
And Coomes/Buckland only Substitutes, not encouraging :(

Andrea82

Medalist
If they all make to Ostrava, compared to 2016, it is

Men +1
Women =
Pairs +3
Dance +2

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Post #1 edited :)

No surprises with the men entries, finally 36 (so Kranjec seems to have retired)
Happy to see Maxwell and Wories on the ladies list, and surprised to see Vassileva!
No Cherniavskaia/Krasnopolski in pairs, do they already split???
And Coomes/Buckland only Substitutes, not encouraging :(

It is not :( I like Fear/Gibson though.
Moris Kviletashvili fans are probably happy ;) And I'm super happy for Pairs! Especially since this year there will Duskova/Bidar & Oganesian/Bardei additionally! :cheer: (smart move, better give them senior experience before Olympics) And Ice Dance is getting more intense too :yay:

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
Although I'm thrilled to see her listed, but how can Fleur Maxwell enter if she hasn't skated all season?

Nirti

Medalist
Although I'm thrilled to see her listed, but how can Fleur Maxwell enter if she hasn't skated all season?

She reached the TES last season. So maybe she hopes to be fit enough to compete at Europeans, but that's a little bit strange to not see her in Torun or Beograd next weeks. Same for Wories and Vassileva.

Reynnou

On the Ice
It is not :( I like Fear/Gibson though.
Moris Kviletashvili fans are probably happy ;) And I'm super happy for Pairs! Especially since this year there will Duskova/Bidar & Oganesian/Bardei additionally! :cheer: (smart move, better give them senior experience before Olympics) And Ice Dance is getting more intense too :yay:

I'm happy to see them but I hope that they are in better shape than last month at Golden Spin & Ukrainian Nats.
Maybe they should take some time of competition to let Renata get used to her new body and work on their technique.

Last edited:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Very good numbers but it also means 1 of each 3 skaters/teams won't make it to the LPs. That's good for competition but sad for the hard working lower tier athletes.

Lots of new imports between euro countries too.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Very good numbers but it also means 1 of each 3 skaters/teams won't make it to the LPs. That's good for competition but sad for the hard working lower tier athletes.

Lots of new imports between euro countries too.

If there is no competition, there is no progress, because some teams may feel less motivated if they know they that no matter what, they can still making things up with FP. This way it's more motivating to skate SP well. I think 4CC would be taken more seriously if countries actually had to earn their spots, like at Europeans instead of having 3 in each discipline by default. People usually appreaciate things they had to work for more, than things they are just given. I'm positive that team that will end up 16 will apreaciate the place more than they would be if there were only 16 teams. Even though it's the same place.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
If there is no competition, there is no progress, because some teams may feel less motivated if they know they that no matter what, they can still making things up with FP. This way it's more motivating to skate SP well. I think 4CC would be taken more seriously if countries actually had to earn their spots, like at Europeans instead of having 3 in each discipline by default. People usually appreaciate things they had to work for more, than things they are just given. I'm positive that team that will end up 16 will apreaciate the place more than they would be if there were only 16 teams. Even though it's the same place.

I agree , thats what is said this is good for competition. Sport can be cruel though but you gotta be tough if you want to make it to the top :D

Nirti

Medalist
First two withdrawns :
- Mari Vartmann / Ruben Blommaert (Germany) after splitting
- Fleur Maxwell (Luxembourg) for unknown reasons, she didn't compete this season.

Nirti

Medalist
Two more withdrawals :
- Niki Wories (Netherlands)
- Cortney Mansour / Michal Ceska (Czech Republic), replaced by Nicole Kuzmichova/Alexandr Sinicyn.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Niki Wories (NED) is out. News report says she suffered a concussion early December, and last Monday she had a hard landing against the boarding; examination in hospital showed she hasn't fully recovered yet from the concussion and needs to rest.

Last edited: