3 Emi HIRAI/Marien De La Asuncion
4 Kana MURAMOTO/Chris Reed
5 Ibuki Mori/Kentaro SUZUKI

Pairs
1 Marin ONO/Wesley Killing
2 Miu SUZAKI/Ryuichi KIHARA
3 Sumire SUTO/Francis Boudereau-Audet
4 Narumi TAKAHASHI/Ryo SHIBATA

Can't wait for the epic fierce Ladies competition...!

PS. Always good for a laugh: Try going to the Japanese entries page, and see what Google translate makes of the skaters names... ;-D

Last edited:

da96103

Record Breaker
Also they are cutting 6 from the SP. So from 30 in SP, only top 24 will skate in FS for men and ladies.

da96103

Record Breaker
The fight for that third spot for men won't be a walk in the park either. Tough fields.

Yes, it's Junior Pairs. Looks that way.

Funny they created a separate box for Junior Pairs but the Junior Ladies and Men are all grouped together.

Also they are a few non-Japanese names in the pairs and dance teams. Are they Japanese or a foreign partner? There's one Wesley Killing.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Also they are a few non-Japanese names in the pairs and dance teams. Are they Japanese or a foreign partner? There's one Wesley Killing.

He has an awesome surname which is why I do know the answer in that case is foreign partner, he's Canadian. I'd say probably the same in most.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Shame Rika Kihira and Yuhana Yokoi didn't make it... would have loved to see them go for the 3A's...

Lysambre

Final Flight
5 dance teams and 4 pairs! They are really making great progress over these. :agree:

I remember when there was just one team so they didn't even have to skate :(.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Shame Rika Kihira and Yuhana Yokoi didn't make it... would have loved to see them go for the 3A's...

I have no idea what are the rules for skating at nationals but Rika made the JPGF, I was sure she would get invited. And if I recall correctly, places at Jr worlds are decided also at Senior nationals - does this mean that Rika is out of Jr Worlds since she won't be at Sr nationals?

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I have no idea what are the rules for skating at nationals but Rika made the JPGF, I was sure she would get invited. And if I recall correctly, places at Jr worlds are decided also at Senior nationals - does this mean that Rika is out of Jr Worlds since she won't be at Sr nationals?
As I understand it, only the top 6 from last month's Junior Nationals can go to Senior Nationals...? And unfortunately Rika and Yuhana didn't do well enough on this occasion.

I don't think that necessarily excludes them from being chosen for Junior World's, and certainly Rika's Junior Grand Prix performance should be a factor in her favour - I'll be surprised if they dont choose her.

Edit: Ah, I see that in the past, juniors DID have to make it to senior nationals, to be chosen for Junior World's. So you were right, and if the same rules still apply, then Rika isn't going... :-/

Last edited: