Bavarian Open 2017 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Bavarian Open 2017

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pYJKlf0NHM

Says it is the livestream for the Bavarian Open.

Don't get too excited. The description is practically identical to those fake "Livestreams" that appeared on YouTube for the Sofia Trophy last week. And it turned out that they were a scam to get you to click on the link in the description, which is for getting creedit card details.

See this post onwards:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...017-8-12-Feb&p=1631643&viewfull=1#post1631643

So, DON'T DO IT!!!

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Sabine

On the Ice
The result page doesn't get refreshed. So maybe AlexD could give us the first 3 after every category???

Alex D

Record Breaker
Only have my phone to type,

Girls 2

Marina 39.20
Ting 38.22
Anais 33.98

Take them with caution please, from my memory ;) and I currently can't check in the office.

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Really unbelievable that German\Bavarian skating federation is not able to put the resultats online after each group ...

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Alex D

I also want to thank two skaters especially, both are from Canada. Corey Corcelli was fabulous, I so love his style! What a graceful skater, he does all the tricks - the ladies do, amazing flexibility and spins, wonderful balletic arms, expressive with lots of heart and great musicality! Without a doubt, the for me most impressive skater today and currently in novice boys.
He is a mix of Chan and Hanyu, check this guy out!

I saw Corey Circelli at Canadian Nationals in the AdvNov Men's and Dance. Extremely talented skater and coached by former British Junior Dance Champion Andrew Hallam (competed with Eve Bentley, g/f of Luca Lanotte and Mum to their son Giacomo).
I wonder which discipline Corey will decide to concentrate on in the future?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I saw Corey Circelli at Canadian Nationals in the AdvNov Men's and Dance. Extremely talented skater and coached by former British Junior Dance Champion Andrew Hallam (competed with Eve Bentley, g/f of Luca Lanotte and Mum to their son Giacomo).

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Eve is Luca's girlfriend?! :jaw:

I was looking her and Andrew up only two days ago! :drama:

You see, I was writing about the 2000 British Championships in another post, and was trying to find out if any of the champions other than Neil and Vicky were from here. So I was looking up all the names I didn't recognise.

It's amazing the connections there are in this sport that you don't know about!

(For another good example, look at this post in the "Families / Lineages thread"!)

CaroLiza_fan

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Eve is Luca's girlfriend?! :jaw:

I was looking her and Andrew up only two days ago! :drama:

You see, I was writing about the 2000 British Championships in another post, and was trying to find out if any of the champions other than Neil and Vicky were from here. So I was looking up all the names I didn't recognise.

It's amazing the connections there are in this sport that you don't know about!

(For another good example, look at this post in the "Families / Lineages thread"!)

CaroLiza_fan

I love my annual livestream rendezvous with Canadians, especially Novice and Junior, as I recognise so many British Coaches in the K&C. Apart from Andrew Hallam, this year also Neil Wilson and Joanne McCleod. Infact we've lost more Coaches to Canada over many decades, particularly in Dance, the only 2 who stayed were Diane Towler and Jayne Torvill - both 4xWC. The US has Russian Coaches, but Canada has the British.

I'm sure I remember Julie Marcotte competing in Junior Dance!

CdnSk8Fan

Rinkside
Alex D

I wonder which discipline Corey will decide to concentrate on in the future?

Oops somehow deleted my post when I wanted to edit it.
Corey's freeskate coach is Lee Barkell.
He's 14 and still growing.. he is easily 6' or taller (I had 5'10" on my original post but was corrected by someone). So he may have difficulty continuing in singles but I know there are some taller skaters so it is not impossible.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Very busy but recap of day 2 will come. Remember its girls ladies day so Ihave no time :p

Alex D

Record Breaker
Very busy but recap of day 2 will come. Remember its girls ladies day so Ihave no time :p

What I can say for now,

great pPerformances, the Hungarian girls were fabolous, so were the NA skaters, Paula was awesome, italians Rock, lovely jJapanese the israelis passionate, they can all be proud including those that had a less fortunate skate, I have written down notes that make 40 pages so good it was!

To do them justice I write when more time is there! I suck at writingwith my phone sorry!

Alex D

Record Breaker
Aurora is so amazing, that presence... No Podium today (4), but she is such a gorgeous skater and artist.

Japan strikes again with Saya on 1 and Riko on 2. Dora was very good as well.

No more time, but you guys are missing loads of good programs.

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Oops somehow deleted my post when I wanted to edit it.
Corey's freeskate coach is Lee Barkell.
He's 14 and still growing.. he is easily 6' or taller (I had 5'10" on my original post but was corrected by someone). So he may have difficulty continuing in singles but I know there are some taller skaters so it is not impossible.

Wow, 6ft already at 14. Not just the height issue, but ofcourse will he eventually be able to do quads. Though I'd rather watch Corey skate any day than Stephen Gogolev, who, at the moment is all jumps and not much else.
Corey & Partner did win the FD at Novice Canadians with a lively Latin routine, so he can certainly make it in Dance.:agree:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Who let the dog out!

I want to give you a small glimpse of what you can expect in my column, after the event has finished (but with a delay this time, so it could very well be late Feb - early March.

Who let the dog out!

On both days, we had a very special guest at the ice rink. His name, I don´t know yet, but he was the best damn figure skating fan I have ever seen! He did not skip a single skater, did not make any noise, or use flashlight photography! That being said, he had a very odd habit! He always stood on the stairs during the girls warm ups, almost as if he wanted to tell everyone at the venue, that you better don't mess with these kids, or else....

He was protective and supportive, the best friend a human being can have! What a great dog and for sure, the biggest figure skating at the venue.

I have to admit though, that we did not always share the same taste. As for instance with the Hungarian race driver Julia Lang, who stopped by in the Ukraine to borrow the dress of Renata for the short. I felt, she did amazing, but the dog was not really impressed and the FS he overslept, while I was drooling all over her spirals, in which she grabbed the blade and then pulled it up and down, as if it was nothing!

Making it look like nothing, is also the right phrase for our Italian Giuditta Sartori . I did not figure it out yet, what the name of said element is, but she did it in the short and free. She is gliding backwards in a half circle, close to the ice and as if this wouldn´t be hard enough, she is using said element as a transition into some of her jumps! How cool is that ! She is such a stylish girl, I loved her skating right from the first moment in the warm up, where she pulled that trick!

Tricks, or better put, "a different way of skating", had a young lady from Austria, who put a huge smile on my face. Emilie Grosch , was so different to all the others, it was at times almost hilarious, but not in a negative way! She did dress like no other, she did move like no other and for me, she has huge potential for shows, as she will always add something, that will be special.
In our world, being different, can mean so much and I love how much this skater proves this! To prove something, might be the wrong term, but if you remember my praise for Paula Mikolajczyk,, a while ago, then yes, I was curious, if she could pull it off, once more and as sure the sun comes up every morning, "Pauli" was there, when you needed her!

At a time when others faulted, she came and saved the day, taking us on a trip to the Oscars, with that million dollar look and lots of grace in the short, while the Free was all about party. She is so versatile and the best is, she doesn´t practice to far from me, so in theory, I could check her practice every day, but this would make me look like a freak wouldn't it?
I also want to mention Alissa Scheidt , who did not have the best day in the short, but came back very strong and also jumped on the podium. What I like about her, is how much she puts into her programs, very outgoing and not afraid to perform a bit over the top if necessary and she just never gives up! I believe she also joined "team Wende" and Maylin has been very busy so far, while Daniel is away, learning a few more tricks, for their skaters.

Last but not least, I want to mention a lady from Canada, who gave me that "Gracie Gold" feel, that I had years ago, when she was around Aurora Cotop´s age. I can not really put it into words, but this skater just grabbed me, right from the first second I saw her. She has such a calm way of skating, she fills the whole venue, with her presence and you can not take your eyes off her. I love how she never stops performing, the transitions are great - that skater has won my heart with flying colors!

Of course, many more things have happened, Dora Hus for instance - skated amazingly well! She is going through puberty, but keeps hanging in there and she has such a strong kick at her jumps, the technique is really good and this will help her so much in the upcoming years and her feel for music is great and I really enjoy, how her programs mature with her. In general, our German skaters, are doing pretty well and even if it did not always work out to 100%, they seem to be different, to those 6 years ago. I said it before, it seems like this generation now, want´s it maybe a bit more or maybe, they just want to be mentioned in my writings, so that they just try that tiny bit harder *laughs*.

More about our German ladies and girls, at my column, including Ann Christin Marold, a skater I had on my radar already and she is such a pocket rocket, amazing how these kids can just step on the ice and perform so strong choreographies, at such young age!

Also a big shout out to our Belarusian girl, I so felt for Elizaveta Malinouskaya, who had two horrible days, but so much talent. Seriously, I would have cried my eyes out, after my shoe lacings, went off or I fell so many times like she did in the Free. But this kid, not a single tear, she was so professional and her programs are incredible, she has huge potential and I so wish she can skate her programs clean, next time!

Same can be said about our skaters from Israel, so much presence and grace, like with Paige Connors and her Gladiator program! I love how proud they are on ice, I mean they are mostly Americans I believe, but still, they are proud to have the chance to skate and they found a way to do it and you can see that. They worked hard for every single element, not just these girls and ladies from Israel, all off them, from each single country! As I always say, if you come last or first, doesn´t matter, as long you gave your best and if you could have seen, how proud some of our skaters were at the VC, even though they did not win the trophies, they were still happy, to just be there and I wish I could have taken pictures with each single one, as they all deserved a big round of applause for their great work, the last two days! I also hope that Jea Hyrlainen , is doing better now, as she had to stop her skate, due to an injury and that all the others who had so much pain, have recovered now and be proud of yourself, for fighting until the last elements!

More will follow including team USA and Japan, who I did not touch yet, so this is really just something for the moment, as I wanted to give you at least something to read. I am honestly a bit overwhelmed by the quantity of good skaters, who all deserve a few nice words and I feel bad, not having the time right now, to really give them credit, don´t hit me with your blades tomorrow, please! :drama:

Until then ;)

Last edited:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Alex D thanks again for a detailed recap.

Question for you as we are getting some accusations from a poster about Sarah Tamura & Aurora Cotop: how did the organizers split the ladies into different groups? For example, why were all the Japanese ladies in one advanced novice ladies group, and none in the other? Can you give us some info about that?

Thanks!

Alex D

Record Breaker
Alex D thanks again for a detailed recap.

Question for you as we are getting some accusations from a poster about Sarah Tamura & Aurora Cotop: how did the organizers split the ladies into different groups? For example, why were all the Japanese ladies in one advanced novice ladies group, and none in the other? Can you give us some info about that?

Thanks!
Accusations?

Has anyone been mean to the girls?! Dont do that guys ...

Remember the dog! ;)

Its the age that decides about that. ( birthdate) But there was a special request to have three of one Nation, which has been granted.