Bavarian Open 2017 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Bavarian Open 2017

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Accusations?

Has anyone been mean to the girls?! Dont do that guys ...

Remember the dog! ;)

Its the age that decides about that. ( birthdate) But there was a special request to have three of one Nation, which has been granted.

Thank you for clarifying that! It was implied by the poster that Sarah chose to compete in a less challenging group. But division by birth date appears to be quite fair.

I hope you enjoy the novice ice dancers. Some really talented kids are competing...I think we'll see them on the JGP in the near future.

Sabine

On the Ice
Alex D thanks again for a detailed recap.

Question for you as we are getting some accusations from a poster about Sarah Tamura & Aurora Cotop: how did the organizers split the ladies into different groups? For example, why were all the Japanese ladies in one advanced novice ladies group, and none in the other? Can you give us some info about that?

Thanks!

They use to divide into age groups. The younger group mostly is the more challenging one. What is a bit strange that they put swiss skater Jeromie Repond in the younger group (born 1999) whereas there have been lots of girls born 2000 in the older group. I don't know if this is just one special case. I don't like these divided groups either, because you don't have the best girls skating at each other.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Sabine it would be nice to see everyone compete together. But it's even common here when there's too many competitors to split them up into different groups. If I've understood correctly: It looks like it was based on age for the most part unless a federation (like Japan) asked for its skaters to be together?

Sabine

On the Ice
Sabine it would be nice to see everyone compete together. But it's even common here when there's too many competitors to split them up into different groups. If I've understood correctly: It looks like it was based on age for the most part unless a federation (like Japan) asked for its skaters to be together?
Maybe Switzerland did the same as Japan.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Maybe Switzerland did the same as Japan.

Or Jeromie arrived late and had to skate at ladies 1 ;)

Edit since I have internet now.

Not each move of a skater is a bad move, actually none is, they are all pretty fair to each other, they support other athletes, pose for pictures together, wish each other well.... Many of them, just arrive late at night or shortly before their comp, like with Karoliina and it is understandable, that they might have a request like these or that they need to leave early... Skaters don't have that much money, they operate on very right schedules. ;)

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Thank you for clarifying that! It was implied by the poster that Sarah chose to compete in a less challenging group. But division by birth date appears to be quite fair.

I hope you enjoy the novice ice dancers. Some really talented kids are competing...I think we'll see them on the JGP in the near future.

And the forum ate my post...

Yes those were great, loved the Russians, so cute!

Our ladies are on fire today, just the Axel is stubborn today, quite a few popped or badly landed. But we saw two triple comps, by Angela and Nathalie, a super enteraining afternoon if you ask me. So much grace, I love how the stepsequences are improving with each season, as if the ladies could read my mind ;) Good attack and speed, creative I love that.

Angela 63.84
Nathalie 62.35
Seo Young 51.05

We already saw seven new SB´s, out of 10 skates (Julia did not start) :(

Alex D

Record Breaker
I wont be able to wrap up the day, as we start at 7 AM with ice dance novice FS, tomorrow and in no world would I ever miss that! Sorry!

Latest updates,

Vincent Zhou reached the required SP TES for worlds, a few minutes ago, with a brilliant skate. Anna and Martin, will not skate, as Martin has a slight foot injury, plus they have exams next week, so they take a few days off, as they want to make sure to win that spot for the Olympics. ;)

Aliona and Bruno are here, but due their show commitments not competing.

That´s pretty much it for now.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I wont be able to wrap up the day, as we start at 7 AM with ice dance novice FS, tomorrow and in no world would I ever miss that! Sorry!

Latest updates,

Vincent Zhou reached the required SP TES for worlds, a few minutes ago, with a brilliant skate. Anna and Martin, will not skate, as Martin has a slight foot injury, plus they have exams next week, so they take a few days off, as they want to make sure to win that spot for the Olympics. ;)

Aliona and Bruno are here, but due their show commitments not competing.

That´s pretty much it for now.

The results page isn't updated yet....what did Vincent score?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Vincent ZHOU won the Senior Men's SP and Angela WANG won the Senior Ladies SP.

Weathergal

Medalist
Thanks for all the info everyone! I've been trying to follow the competition even though I've been busy--plus trying (and failing) to keep up with 4CCs. Alex D, I always enjoy your posts, and the one you had on the previous page with summary of all the young lady skaters was really wonderful. I really love your support and appreciation of all the skaters and how you can find something special about each one. I hope you're enjoying the competition!

Alex D

Record Breaker
Thanks for all the info everyone! I've been trying to follow the competition even though I've been busy--plus trying (and failing) to keep up with 4CCs. Alex D, I always enjoy your posts, and the one you had on the previous page with summary of all the young lady skaters was really wonderful. I really love your support and appreciation of all the skaters and how you can find something special about each one. I hope you're enjoying the competition!

Thank you ;)

Yes I do,

The advanced novice have finished and for me, the "little ones", were the stars of the very early morning here ;) Katarina and Maxwell, but also Sofiia and Maksemilian. How they cope with all the difficult lifts, especially the boys, so much proudness in their eyes, just wonderful and great characters by the Americans, they were born for the spotlight. I felt a bit sorry for our Canadians, they were clearly not amused about the 4th in total, but even with the errors they sold it until the last second.

Caroline and Gordon have won, good fight by her in the TW, something that can be said about several others too, including our German dancers, nice detail with Max having Anne-Maries colors in his chest pocket. I believe the biggest issue so early on is the ability to not be afraid of skating as one, which I know from own experience can be a bit difficult for the male part in young age, as we can be a bit afraid to hold the lady properly ;) but this is so important in dance.

Anyways, juniors now.

Three Americans on the podium ;)

QuadThrow

Medalist
Does anayone has information about Savchenko/Massot?

Do they really compete these evening? There was no time to practice after Euros because of the Art on Ice shows. Usually they take part in smaller competitions to try out some changes in their programs.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Caroline and Gordon have won, good fight by her in the TW, something that can be said about several others too

Can it be?! A skater with the same name as me???!!! :jaw:

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

I believe the biggest issue so early on is the ability to not be afraid of skating as one, which I know from own experience can be a bit difficult for the male part in young age, as we can be a bit afraid to hold the lady properly ;) but this is so important in dance.

And it must be even more difficult for Gordon, as it is his kid sister that he is having to be up close and personal with.

But, it sounds like the Greens are pretty good. So, I look forward to seeing how they progress in the years to come.

CaroLiza_fan