20:20:00 Men Junior FS​

Sunday, 26 February
08:00:00 Pairs Senior FS
08:25:00 Ladies Senior FS
12:25:00 Men Senior FS

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I'll believe it when I see it. Got cancelled last year for no clear reason... But I will probably go if it does take place.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I'll believe it when I see it. Got cancelled last year for no clear reason... But I will probably go if it does take place.
That will be good. :) I know you have many world-class speed skating tracks/short tracks and many stars in this sport. But why figure skating is so rare in Netherlands. :(

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
That will be good. :) I know you have many world-class speed skating tracks/short tracks and many stars in this sport. But why figure skating is so rare in Netherlands. :(
No clue, I for one couldn't care less about speed skating, but it's definitely big here.

I must admit, looking at the schedule, I'm not planning on going all days. I have a place to stay in The Hague and I will be in the city on Thursday, anyway, for school, but I remember the skating rink. It's FREEZING cold in there, not a fun place to hang out four days, and Sunday seems the only really interesting day. So, dunno... maybe only Sunday, depending on which skaters come. I'm not holding my breath for big names.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Announced list of competitors' countries:

Armenia
Australia
Austria
Azerbaijan
Belgium
Czech Republic
Spain
Estonia
Finland
France
England
Germany
Hong Kong
Hungary
South Korea
Latvia
Mexico
Holland
Norway
Slovenia
Switzerland
Sweden
Turkey
USA

Which probably means I'm giving it a miss. They sometimes had a couple of skaters from Japan which would draw my interest, but this doesn't look too enticing.

Richie

Rinkside
strange schedule so far. I miss pairs short for instance. I was there too Winnie two years ago and indeed it was by far the coldest venue I ever visited. cross fingers that this year will be better and hope for Niki to perform there as she had to skip Europeans.:sad4:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
US Assignments posted on the USFS International Assignments page! (h/t to Sylvia and FSU)

Senior Ladies: Caroline Zhang!
Junior Ladies: Emmy Ma
Advanced Novice Ladies: Kaitlyn Nguyen and Hanna Harrell

Senior Men: Jordan Moeller
Advanced Novice Men: Maxim Naumov

Junior Pairs: Erin Coleman/Derrick Griffin
- Competing Junior because both are too old for ISU Novice. Pairs and Ice Dance girls (as well as singles skaters) have to be younger than 15 by July 1st of the season, and Erin turned 15 last June. Pairs and Ice Dance men have to be younger than 17, and Derrick is already 20. Hopefully this will give them a jump on their sole JGP season, next year.

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
I was looking forward to seeing Isabella assigned here but it looks like Hanna got the call. A surprise to me as Hanna's skating is very erratic yet quite cutesy. She does have a little more consistency to her skateing but Isabella I think shows significantly more maturity and promise as an all around skater who will be able to compete at the higher level.

Kaitlyn is obviously the flavor of the season and she has earned it. She is progressing nicely and I hope she can improve her skating and jump quality in the off-season to better position herself for the future. She is guaranteed an early JGP spot.

CONGRATS to Emmy, super glad to see her get the call and the all important exposure she deserves!

YEAH! So happy to see Caroline get an assignment, look forward to seeing her rebuild!

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I saw the list of skaters' names on facebook. It says that "not all entries are given by name, but the most names are known". Bit awkward English, I think (hope) it means a few names will still make it to the final list, because neither Bychenko nor Samohin are listed at this point in time.

Maybe it'll be a double victory for the Hendrickx family. :)

CdnSk8Fan

Rinkside
Skate Canada BC/YK as a section is sending
Senior: Larkyn Austman, Megan Yim
Junior: Olivia Gran, Brian Le
Adv Novice: Beres Clement, Aleksa Rakic, Emma Bulawka

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
The official Twitter account posted this tweet about starting orders (I don't see senior ladies posted, just the men):

https://twitter.com/Challenge_Cup/status/834478354527092743

Pleasantly surprised to see Moris Kvitelashvili's name! Also Graham Newberry, Jorik Hendrix, Jordan Moeller, Felipe Montoya, etc. are on the list. Unfortunately, no Daniel Samohin or Alexei Bychenko, but I assume they will still be at Cup of Tyrol next week.

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Erin Coleman/Derrick Griffin apparently withdrew as of 2/13 (according to the USFS International Assignments page)

ETA: Apparently they were the only entry, via the Twitter account mentioned on the previous page.

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Just checking out the livestream, it's pretty good! And a cute little kiss 'n cry.

edit: a skater just had a 0.50 deduction. I didn't even know that exists. What can you get a 0.50 deduction for?

Last edited:

CdnSk8Fan

Rinkside
Just checking out the livestream, it's pretty good! And a cute little kiss 'n cry.

edit: a skater just had a 0.50 deduction. I didn't even know that exists. What can you get a 0.50 deduction for?

Were you watching Advanced Novice Boys? It would have been for a fall if it were the last skater Aleksa Rakic.