Challenge Cup 2017, 23 - 26 Feb | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Challenge Cup 2017, 23 - 26 Feb

CdnSk8Fan

Rinkside
It was advanced novice ladies. So a fall in advanced novice level is 0.50 instead of 1 point deduction?

Yes, that's what it looks like.. Sorry I'm not up to speed on ISU Adv Nov rules. I think I found the right rules for 2016-2017 here : http://static.isu.org/media/1001/2013-novice-sandp_id_sys_communication-2016_revised.pdf
on page 2
4. Deductions for Falls* for Novice
- per fall: 0.5 - one skater only - Singles, Pairs, Ice Dance, SyS
- per fall: 1.0 - both Skaters - Pairs and Ice Dance
- per fall: 1.0 - more than one skater - Synchronized Skating
* A Fall is defined as loss of control by a skater with the result that the majority of his/her
own body weight is on the ice supported by any other part of the body other than the blades
e.g. hand(s), knee(s), buttock(s), or any part of the arm (Rule 503, para 1).

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Erin Coleman/Derrick Griffin apparently withdrew as of 2/13 (according to the USFS International Assignments page)

ETA: Apparently they were the only entry, via the Twitter account mentioned on the previous page.

Nooooooooooo :sad21:

Richie

Rinkside
So my small bag is packed. Tomorrow from my workplace Eindhoven to The Hague. Hope to be in time for ladies SP. 20 entries and some nice names including first apprearance since quite some time of our Niki Wories. Cross fingers for her but also for Thomas Kennes who wil be the last man on the ice tomorrowevening. Met him in the skater's hotel in Ostrava during Europeans and we had a nice short talk. Winnie will you also be in de Uithof? Two years ago it was terribly cold. Hopefully this time better conditions. Update will follow after my return back home on Sunday.:points:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
The livestream video link from today is private. Anyone know any results? The results page hasn't been updated either. Thanks.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Winnie will you also be in de Uithof? Two years ago it was terribly cold. Hopefully this time better conditions. Update will follow after my return back home on Sunday.
No, I was in The Hague yesterday, but for other things than figure skating.
I have to work today. If I go, it will be Sunday, but I don't really see the point, what with going to Worlds, too.
I am not interested in meeting skaters in real life, talking to them etc.

CdnSk8Fan

Rinkside
The livestream video link from today is private. Anyone know any results? The results page hasn't been updated either. Thanks.

If you go to Facebook page they are posting the results sheets and start orders for FS.
I was able to watch the livestream late morning no problem -did not try for the afternoon.

Last edited:

Ross74

Medalist
It was nice to wake up to a working stream this morning. :) Senior ladies getting ready to skate!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
It was nice to wake up to a working stream this morning. :) Senior ladies getting ready to skate!
The stream has been running fine on youtube, worked well yesterday, too.
Interesting ladies competition, I'm sticking around to watch.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Mae Berenice Maite isn't there, I guess she's withdrawn. Hope it's nothing serious. :(
Jorik's sister Loena on the ice now!

CrystalClear

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Loena HENDRICKX 62.54
Joshi HELGESSON 56.07
Caroline ZHANG 54.18

Short program top 3 so far with one group left to skate

statmam

On the Ice
Drat! I'm at work and had to wait til lunchtime to check the stream so I just missed Caroline. Caught most of Loena though - she was lovely! Thanks for the scores, CrystalClear.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I dunno, but Niki looks like she has no business being on the ice. Those were some scary falls. ((((hugs))))
Guess no Dutch female skaters at Worlds. 33.something points.

Last edited: