2017 Russian Nationals Ladies SP | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2017 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

lbamda

On the Ice
Alina was asked that only you are able to jump in group? She has answered 3Lz3Lo3Lo. So, perhaps, she will also keep this combo in the future with such abilities.

Krislite

Medalist
Yuna Kim won Worlds in 2009 and won the Olympics in 2010 :confused:

LOL. Not just Yuna Kim. I'm sure Kristi Yamaguchi, Oksana Baiul and Tara Lipinski would all beg to differ. :laugh:

Yamaguchi - 1991 Word champion, 1992 Olympic champion
Baiul - 1993 World champion, 1994 Olympic champion
Lipinski - 1997 World champion, 1998 Olympic champion
Kim - 2009 World champion, 2010 Olympic champion

Did TAT really say no reigning ladies World champion won Olympics in the last 100 years? :palmf:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yuna Kim won Worlds in 2009 and won the Olympics in 2010 :confused:

Also, Tara Lipinski.

ETA: and others, as above! (And many others, if you want to go back farther: Peggy Fleming, Trixi Schuba, Carol Heiss, Sonia Henie--I'm sure there are more.)

Some others: Barbara Ann Scott, Tenley Albright

And to round out the list: Katarina Witt, Kristi Yamaguchi, Oksana Baiul, Jeanette Altwegg (51/52)

Last edited:

Spiral

Final Flight
Just wanted to say how much I admire their spirits - Evgenia skating light as a feather, despite all the pressure and expectations, Elena managing to land all her jumps perfectly when it matters, despite the constantly changing body, Anna doing likewise, despite her injury. They are all so young, but they all have diamond wills. They are real heroines.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Maybe not the biggest surprise, but I was looking at the SP results page and noticed that all top 5 skaters are Moscow, while #6 thru #11 are St. Petersburg skaters.

Mikhailova at #12 is the only Moscow skater outside of the top 5, and nearly all the remaining skaters are St. Petersburg. Lots of SPB representation, just not at the top! :(

Well its not like all of them are actually from those cities. Liza is from Glazov, Zagitova is from Izhevsk and Samodurova was born in the Siberia region. They all just move to the 2 big cities because that's where the best coaching teams/facilities are.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well its not like all of them are actually from those cities. Liza is from Glazov, Zagitova is from Izhevsk and Samodurova was born in the Siberia region. They all just move to the 2 big cities because that's where the best coaching teams/facilities are.

And, as I said earlier, I think it is a great achievement for a little-known region like Udmurtia to get two of their skaters into the Top 6 after the SP, with Zagitova in 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] and Tuktamysheva in 6[SUP]th[/SUP].

:bow: :clap: :points:

For that matter, it was a great achievement for a grand total of FOUR Ladies skaters from Udmurtia to qualify for Nationals. As well as those already mentioned, Lozko is currently lying 14[SUP]th[/SUP], while Ogoreltseva is currently lying 15[SUP]th[/SUP].

:bow: :clap: :points:

Not bad against all these skaters from the powerhouses of Moscow and St. Petersburg. :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Khoai

Match Penalty
Miss Zagitova's 3lz3Lo is a cracker! I just don't like her programs. Such unbalanced structure.

lavoix

Match Penalty
In my opinion this should have been.

Medvedeva
Zagitova
Sotskova

But i guess CSKA inflation really helped Maria Sotskova (she skated very well though).

Alina is so strong, she could be easily Russia number 1 in the future if she stays consistent.

Pogo slightly behind due to < in the combo, but not far from the podium.

Super happy for Sofia Samodurova: she deserved a much more successful GP season.

Lozko's spins are state of the art.

Little disappointed by Lena: she is a fighter but at this point the competition is so tough that details like the shaky jumps or a small underrotation, makes the difference from second/third or fifth/sixth.

Liza Tukt: good performance, nice move bringing back the old program but without the 3A she is not a contender.

Overall i really enjoyed this SP event

You know, I always agree with your opinions! Spot on with everything.

I'd just also like to add that I don't care what you all say, but Lozko seduces me. She is GORGEOUS