2017 Russian Nationals Ice Dance SD | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2017 Russian Nationals Ice Dance SD

nocturnalis

Medalist
S/K were out pretty much the entire summer because of Nikita's shoulder. I surprised they even showed up at their GPs. I don't know why I/Z did so poorly during the GP season.

Last edited:

moon

On the Ice
Both S/K and I/Z have their problems that they need to deal with. S/K have great material and perform so well in practice and then have nervous competition skates which causes their programs to look flat. Conversely, I/Z bring it on in competition but she has notoriously bad training habits which I think is preventing them from making that leap forward. They still look like two separate people skating, not a team. I am actually more impressed with Ruslans progress than Elenas. From what I hear a lot of their time is wasted on the ice putting up with her antics. I know her many fans don't like hearing that but you will all happily agree that she is a Diva and with that personality type there are often accompanying traits that will negatively impact the team. If both these teams arent able to address these issues neither one will realize their potential. For now Russia has only B/S and S/B to trust in their training ethic and competition readiness whether we like it or not

Spiral

Final Flight
I thought Elena was also injured?

Yes, Ruslan was injured before SA, so they lost training time, and Elena before TEF (somebody collided with her in practice, injuring her leg). They didn't know till the last moment if they would go. Elena very much wanted to go, but then they withdrew from TEF gala because her sutures parted.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Yes, Ruslan was injured before SA, so they lost training time, and Elena before TEF (somebody collided with her in practice, injuring her leg). They didn't know till the last moment if they would go. Elena very much wanted to go, but then they withdrew from TEF gala because her sutures parted.

Oh, it was Ruslan who was injured before SA, for some reason I thought it was Elena. Oops.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Not really, Baker is a phenomenal skater, no embarrassment there!
actually I hope SK take notes & watch HB dance several times
Because this is exactly the kind of dance that would fit them not quick difficult steps like this year's FD

Mattieu

Medalist
actually I hope SK take notes & watch HB dance several times
Because this is exactly the kind of dance that would fit them not quick difficult steps like this year's FD

Well hopefully they have a better coaching setup than Zoueva now.

Mattieu

Medalist
imo Zueva will stay as their coach anyway
I doubt Volkov will be the only coach

Volokov is not stupid and that is why they have enlisted the help of Elena Tchaikovskaya as even if Zoueva is still mentioned, it is only a face saving exercise, as in reality, she cannot coach them when Nikita is banned from the rink where she teaches and coaching by skype is never going to work!

I actually think they are the best match of all of the Russian teams, the most physically suited and with the best skating skills, they glide so well across the ice and skate very close together in hold unlike the massive distance between some of the teams. Yes, they have a twizzle problem, but it is getting more and more under control with passing time. To me they actually look like an ice dance team!

I just hope that the Russian Fed doesn't see them as damaged goods and drop them at the first excuse. Nikita has been a very bad bad boy ;)

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
That is why they have enlisted the help of Elena Tchaikovskaya as even if Zoueva is still mentioned, it is only a face saving exercise, as in reality, she cannot coach them when Nikita is banned from the rink where she teaches and coaching by skype is never going to work!

I actually think they are the best match of all of the Russian teams, the most physically suited and with the best skating skills, they glide so well across the ice and skater very close together in hold unlike the distance between some of the teams. Yes, they have a twizzle problem, but it is getting more and more under control with passing time.

I just hope that the Russian Fed doesn't see them as damaged goods and drop them at the first excuse. Nikita has been a very bad bad boy ;)
but Tchaikovskaya is only a consultant now & officially was asked to work with them til Nats
& for some reason I doubt she's gonna be permanently working with them:think:
we'll see tho...

Zhenya is DIVINE

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Ivan Bukin is so dreamy to me! His smile just lights up my life. If B/S and S/B make Worlds, we will be very well-represented in the looks department! :love: Of course, Nikita is amazing too. An embarrassment of riches, really!

Last edited:

Mattieu

Medalist
Ivan Bukin is so dreamy to me! His smile just lights up my life. If B/S and S/K make Worlds, we will be very well-represented in the looks department! :love: Of course, Nikita is amazing too. An embarrassment of riches, really!

Yep, almost as good looking as our French guys ;) ... Romain Ponsart, Morgan Cipres ......:cool14: