2017 Russian Nationals Men's FS | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2017 Russian Nationals Men's FS

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Finally had time to watch this. (Thanks syvpow:)) Ecstatic for Kolyada!! :clap: He's one of my favorites, especially after seeing him at Worlds. So sad for Voronov :( This was his one bad skate all season. Is there any hope at all that he will get to go to Europeans or Worlds, or is he finished? I'm probably in the minority, but I think Russia may have a better chance of getting three spots w him than w Kovtun (sorry to Kovtun fans). I appreciated Kovtun and Samarin's jumps, but otherwise I enjoyed some of the lower placed skaters more, including Petrov (though Tarasova, etc talked through my favorite part, his step sequence), Lazukin, Shulepov, Lezheev, and Erokov. Except for Petrov, I'd not seen these other men before, and their skating skills and movement really caught my attention. The ESPN commentary was great, wish it was available for all the performances.
There is still the Cup of Russia Final.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
I once thought Lazukin could not jump despite being a very elegant skater, but his performances at the Nationals prove me wrong. Hopefully he can keep improving and bring some fresh vitality to the Mishin group at the same time.

Artur D. behaved so badly in the K-and-C after the SP that I almost lost my tongue! :eekn: Just get out of this team! :mad:

tyrolean skates

Rinkside
Finally had time to watch this. (Thanks syvpow:)) Ecstatic for Kolyada!! :clap: He's one of my favorites, especially after seeing him at Worlds. So sad for Voronov :( This was his one bad skate all season. Is there any hope at all that he will get to go to Europeans or Worlds, or is he finished? I'm probably in the minority, but I think Russia may have a better chance of getting three spots w him than w Kovtun (sorry to Kovtun fans). I appreciated Kovtun and Samarin's jumps, but otherwise I enjoyed some of the lower placed skaters more, including Petrov (though Tarasova, etc talked through my favorite part, his step sequence), Lazukin, Shulepov, Lezheev, and Erokov. Except for Petrov, I'd not seen these other men before, and their skating skills and movement really caught my attention. The ESPN commentary was great, wish it was available for all the performances.

Yes, it was really the only bad skate I have seen from him in quite a Long time. So bad it happend exactly at one of the most important competitions for him ... I do hope the russian FS is wise enough to give him a spot at Euros instead of Kovtun, who hardly ever has two clean skates.
I do like Maxim - but Voronov is the more "reliable" one ;)

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
I know im late for the party, but what the hell happened to Pitkeev this whole season??? :(

linkintank

Rinkside
He has back issues since last Russian Nationals, no word on when he will be back. Back issues can take a really long time to heal.