2017 Russian Nationals Ice Dance FD | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 Russian Nationals Ice Dance FD

madison

Record Breaker
So watched everyone
My top 3 would be BS SK IZ

Sorry Bukins but as much as I love the SD I dread the FD:hopelessness:
Tiffany- respect cause she was skating while sick
Mrs Morozova is a beauty but must work a lot+change the partner probs to be competitive
Liked the SPb couple @ last place with Dave Franco as a partner They were better than Staviskaya for sure

Still mad no Betina/Sergey:bang:

what happened to TIff?:scratch2:?

elif

Medalist
I wouldn't be so sure. If Judges decide otherwise, bad skating skills or not, they will rise up on the podium levels. It has already happen, recently.

Who? Just curious. :) Don2t tell me Papadakis :laugh:
Are you impyling Shibs have bad skating skills ?
Yes. They have small ice coverage, slower skating, not enough power. Why do you think judges let go them after 2011?

Mattieu

Medalist
what happened to TIff?:scratch2:?

Tiffany was sick with a fever according to Russian news stories. That takes balls to skate with a fever, especially the twizzles and spin.

Sugarpova: I too was mad there was no Bettina or Mozgov :(

Mrs Oily has a beautiful body, but I can't see her face as beautiful, nice but not beautiful.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Who? Just curious. :) Don2t tell me Papadakis :laugh:

Yes. They have small ice coverage, slower skating, not enough power. Why do you think judges let go them after 2011?

Except they gritted their teeth and they earned that favor back.

Regardless of whatever shortcoming they have, they still have several GP medals, two world medals and a national championship to show for where persistance and hard work gets you. No amount of lamenting by others about how terrible their skating is will change that.

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Me too :sad21: Looked like a bracelet or something came off? Even so, that was a lovely skate that deserved better, and that tiny gap is just devastating.

I haven't even watched S/K or I/Z, can't bring myself to. Watched B/S and S/B this afternoon.

Barb

Record Breaker
Me too :sad21: Looked like a bracelet or something came off? Even so, that was a lovely skate that deserved better, and that tiny gap is just devastating.

I feel like this team is just not enough serious. I know, accidents happens, but they are not in position to let those silly mistakes.

elif

Medalist
Except they gritted their teeth and they earned that favor back.

Regardless of whatever shortcoming they have, they still have several GP medals, two world medals and a national championship to show for where persistance and hard work gets you. No amount of lamenting by others about how terrible their skating is will change that.
Judhes blindy awarding them doesn't change the fact Shibs skating slow, small and powerless which is my point, does it? Don't worry I know you can't tell simple ice dance facts without making some fans angry.:laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Judhes blindy awarding them doesn't change the fact Shibs skating slow, small and powerless which is my point, does it? Don't worry I know you can't tell simple ice dance facts without making some fans angry.:laugh:

Um not really. Plenty of knowledgeable people on here (and in the Ice Dance world) have explained the Shibs' positive qualities regarding skating skills. Can't help that it doesn't match with your personal opinion. :laugh:

If you call differing opinions "being angry" perhaps you may benefit from sticking to the Fan Fest of your favorite skaters who can't do anything wrong in your eyes.

Last edited:

elif

Medalist
Um not really. Plenty of knowledgeable people on here (and in the Ice Dance world) have explained the Shibs' positive qualities regarding skating skills. Can't help that it doesn't match with your personal opinion. :laugh:

If you call differing opinions "being angry" perhaps you may benefit from sticking to the Fan Fest of your favorite skaters who can't do anything wrong in your eyes.

What experts said Shibs skating with big ice covarage, have power on blades and have speed which is again my point? Who is this imaginary people?:laugh:

If you call differing opinions ''no amount of lamenting'' perhaps you may benefit from sticking to the Fan Fest of your favorite skaters who can't do anything wrong in your eyes.:laugh:

I explained ice covarage detail on other forums because someone said B/S slow. I can find other examples as well but just copying the post for now. I don't want fans avoiding my points by simply calling me names. This is easy. I can do it also. :laugh: Now work hard for your skaters and show me how wrong I am.
https://youtu.be/6AIZXbri1X8?t=57s

Watch Bobrova/Soloviev from 0.57 to 1.02. Notice to extention of the free leg versus to Shibs while.

https://youtu.be/IOmu5HdgNzM?t=53s

Now watch Shibutanis 0.53 to 0.58.

Which one of them covered more distance on same 5 seconds time? (Defination of Speed) If Bobrova/Soloviev are slow, what are Shibutanis please? Clearly they are not fast. Skating small means less speed, especially on pattern dance.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
What experts said Shibs skating with big ice covarage, have power on blades and have speed which is again my point? Who is this imaginary people?:laugh:

If you call differing opinions ''no amount of lamenting'' perhaps you may benefit from sticking to the Fan Fest of your favorite skaters who can't do anything wrong in your eyes.:laugh:

I explained ice covarage detail on other forums because someone said B/S slow. I can find other examples as well but just copying the post for now. I don't want fans avoiding my points by simply calling me names. This is easy. I can do it also. :laugh: Now work hard for your skaters and show me how wrong I am.

And I (and others on here) have explained on here that yes, they are not the fastest skaters or have ice coverage, but there are other positive qualities they offer regarding skating skills, such as blade control etc.

EDITED: I apologize if you feel that I attacked you personally. That was not my intent. I've edited this post accordingly to keep the discussion productive.I've started a thread on The Edge http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...ing-skills-in-Ice-Dance&p=1588859#post1588859 so people can go back to talking about Russian Nationals.

Last edited: