2016-17 Japanese Nationals Men SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Japanese Nationals Men SP

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I knew Shoma can't handle the pressure. When Yuzuru is there, everyone knows "nah, everyone is chasing him, i just have to do my thing", but Yuzuru is not there and all of a sudden you realize, everyone is chasing YOU

Well, let's wait until the Free, before we declare Shoma done. He can handle pressure, he has shown it before. We don't even know how he would've done with Yuzuru here. Just look at GPF.....

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
I knew Shoma can't handle the pressure. When Yuzuru is there, everyone knows "nah, everyone is chasing him, i just have to do my thing", but Yuzuru is not there and all of a sudden you realize, everyone is chasing YOU

Shoma having problems with his SP is nothing new...regardless of Yuzuru's presence. I'm sure he'll try his best in the FS.

da96103

Record Breaker

Well if that is true, then he will do well in FS since he is now chasing Mura.

Biellmann

Match Penalty
Well, let's wait until the Free, before we declare Shoma done. He can handle pressure, he has shown it before. We don't even know how he would've done with Yuzuru here. Just look at GPF.....

The GPF? Yuzuru won the SP with a great skate and won the competition :confused2:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Yes, and Shoma had a bad SP and you know what happened in the Free. I get it, you don't like the guy, but declaring him someone who can't deliver under pressure after the SP is a mistake. Especially when it comes to Shoma.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Shoma having problems with his SP is nothing new...regardless of Yuzuru's presence. I'm sure he'll try his best in the FS.

But did he skate his SP that badly so far this season? I don't remember it, at least.

To be honest, I'm more worried the injury rumors are true. I know I know, I'm a meanie for saying it again and again, but with his jumping technique, his knees and hips basically have no other choice than to give him major trouble, and then the potential injury from the GPF...

Biellmann

Match Penalty
Yes, and Shoma had a bad SP and you know what happened in the Free. I get it, you don't like the guy, but declaring him someone who can't deliver under pressure after the SP is a mistake. Especially when it comes to Shoma.

When it comes to Shoma? His bad jumping technique won't bring him far. He is like Kanako. If you like it or not, that's how it is. At some point you have to be realistic :confused2:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
24. Ryuju Hino

3Lz+3T
3A - nice!
FCSp
CCoSp
3Lo
CSSp
StSq

Excellent!!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker

Uhm, really? Especially when it comes to Shoma? None of the current top men are the nerves of steel competitors we'd like them to be, but constantly having trouble with the SP and digging yourself out of that whole with your LP is not 'delivering under pressure'. I'm not saying Shoma isn't a good competitor, he is, but I don't see how he's any better a competitor than a lot of other men either. Especially since so far, IMO Shoma underperformed in all his big 2nd half of the season events - 4CC 2x, JWC, WC - or didn't he? He's young, it's not a problem & happens to most, maybe he'll learn from it, but I don't see how he's holding up especially well under pressure either.

That said, he's still going to be national champ. Just look at the scores, JSF is going to give it to him anyway.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Uhm, really? Especially when it comes to Shoma? None of the current top men are the nerves of steel competitors we'd like them to be, but constantly having trouble with the SP and digging yourself out of that whole with your LP is not 'delivering under pressure'. I'm not saying Shoma isn't a good competitor, he is, but I don't see how he's any better a competitor than a lot of other men either. Especially since so far, IMO Shoma underperformed in all his big 2nd half of the season events - 4CC 2x, JWC, WC - or didn't he? He's young, it's not a problem & happens to most, maybe he'll learn from it, but I don't see how he's holding up especially well under pressure either.

That said, he's still going to be national champ. Just look at the scores, JSF is going to give it to him anyway.

I never said that he was better than all the others, but he is certainly not the headcase he is made out to be here.

He is not Kanako, and to underestimate him when the judges go with him...have you guys even watched the competition? The japanese Men's field is not the bloodfest it was before. After Yuzuru there is only Shoma and Mura who are able to bring in these scores.

nolangoh

Record Breaker
25. Ryo Sagami

3Lz+3T
3F (fall)
CCoSp
StSq
CSSp
2A (step out)
FCSp

Finishes a bit after his music

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I never said that he was better than all the others, but he is certainly not the headcase he is made out to be here.

He is not Kanako, and to underestimate him when the judges go with him...have you guys even watched the competition? The japanese Men's field is not the bloodfest it was before. After Yuzuru there is only Shoma and Mura who are able to bring in these scores.

I don't think he's a headcase either, I just read your post as saying Shoma was more reliable than most, which I disagreed with (he's pretty 'average' for me, which IMO is fine).

And who's underestimating him? I think everyone agrees he's going to be given a national title as long as there is any possiblity for the judges to twist the scores that way tomorrow, that doesn't sound like him being underestimated :p

nolangoh

Record Breaker
26. Taichi Honda

Let's go Big Brother!! Sara (youngest sister) is watching!

3F
3T+3T
FCSp
CSSp
2A
StSq
CoSp

Great job, bro!!!

nolangoh

Record Breaker
Yes yes yes Coach Higuchi is happy!!:yahoo: