2016-2017 Japanese Nationals Ladies SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016-2017 Japanese Nationals Ladies SP

Plumededragon

Medalist
However, so glad to watch Marin becoming more consistent ^^
Yes, it was one of the highlights to me. I was confident for Satoko, but since Marin had the flu a few weeks ago (OOT: YUZU YOU ARE MISSED!! :cry:) I wasn't sure if she'd be in shape, even if she did look happy and healthy in the preview. Glad to see she is. :love:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I am glad that Rika did well. I hope she will do well in long program too.

Plumededragon

Medalist
Yeah she'll have to be perfect and even then we might need a few others to falter...
Yes as well. Her PCS can help her a bit compared to other ladies ahead of her, but that will probably not be enough. And I want all the girls to deliver like they did today. :(
Well... we can only wait and see, now.

da96103

Record Breaker
So Mao need to beat at least one of Hongo or Higuchi in the FS to get third. Do you think it is doable?

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
So Mao need to beat at least one of Hongo or Higuchi in the FS to get third. Do you think it is doable?

Yes it is. Maybe harder to get ahead of Rika because she is rather consistent (not much falling this season right?), but I am sure she can get above Wakaba if she does well tomorrow. But she really needs to get her jumps together.

Btw is Mao's PCS a bit low too...just low 8s?

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker

A lot of stars have to align for her to do it but its numerically possible if we consider what each skater is capable of and remember that ice is slippery.

Biellmann

Match Penalty
I don't think they will send Mai Mihara to worlds no matter what, but at least to 4CC :hap10:

thoakun

Final Flight

Frankly, I see Mao' s current situation as a vicious circle of trouble begetting trouble: getting older--> harder to maintain the strength for the elite level, more prone to injuries --> techniques, sharpness, accuracy decline--> fall further down the ranks --> lose momentum, consistency and judges start to become more stringent --> confidence and competitive drive takes a blow. Rinse. Repeat.

I wish nothing more than nothing her proving me wrong, but I think at this rate, training more or taking more rest won't cut it. Only an overhaul in her whole training regime and mindset can work IMO, but I have no idea what it is :sad21:.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Kanako...Mao...*sniff* at least Rika is doing good. Feels good after being hated on by the international judges during GP. :agree:

mikaboo

Medalist
Sad about Yuna's mistakes. She was doing so well until the popped axel. Then the glove getting caught on the blade and coming off... :(

Shizuka sounds like she has a cold.

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
Sad about Yuna's mistakes. She was doing so well until the popped axel. Then the glove getting caught on the blade and coming off... :(

Shizuka sounds like she has a cold.

And she was reaaally unlucky on the last spin :(

mikaboo

Medalist
Miyabi Oba's SP was choreographed by Miki Ando. Nice work Miyabi!

And she was reaaally unlucky on the last spin :(

If she doesn't catch up tomorrow, I wonder if they'd leave her out from the JW team. Hope she does well in the FS.