2016-17 Japanese National Ladies FS | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Japanese National Ladies FS

ioanna

Record Breaker
In general if she is set to compete for worlds silver it would be essential to overcome the issue rather than to hope to get away with 3 carrots.

Overcoming the issue is the topic she always talks about in interviews. She knew she underrotated her jumps, her expression in the kiss & cry was very transparent. Before she skated her FS, coach Hamada was very severe with her. It's a method she's using specifically for overcoming URs under pressure. In no way she's hoping to get away with URs, she's far more ambitious than that.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Honestly I am gutted for Rika because this very well could have been her last chance at getting to worlds with all the upcoming girls. Who knows though, she could have a comeback!

I am gutted and little disappointed too but nothing is said and done in longer perspective. I am looking forward for more and keep my fingers crossed for Rika (as well as for Mao). I am not so crazy about Mai (she's still transparent / invisible on ice for me)
or Marin so I am rather indifferent when it comes to them. I do agree on great potential in Wakaba. Japan has future in ladies figure skating. I am happy for Kanako to have that little redemption time and to see her happy :)

Last edited:

randomfan

Record Breaker
I just realized that both Mai and Yuna got the same amount of +GOE in total: +9.10. Their base values have a difference of 0.12 and so do their final TES.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
I don't think Kanako went there to win this time around. If it's only about winning then I guess most everyone should just quit skating now.

I don't care if you're Satoko Miyahara, Kanako Murakami, Mao Asada, or Haruka Imai: as an athlete, if you're not out there trying to win the competitions that you're going to, then yes, you should quit competitions and join an ice show.

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I'm happy Rika pulled together a solid program (and that 3Sal+3Toe at the very end was excellent!) but SO mad about the completely unfair judging she has endured this season. That missed 3Loop cost her a spot on the World team and you have to think she only missed it because of the ridiculous calls she's received all year long, making it seem like nothing she does is right. You could see how nervous she was throughout, not her joyous self that she is normally able to project.