Record Breaker
My top:

1) Evgenia Medvedeva FS :bow:
2) Angel Nastya FS :love:
3) Zagitik SP/FS
4) Sonya FS
5) Lord Samarin SP/FS

Honorable mention:
Michail Kolyda - new champion! Anna through the pain very good skating, Masha - just so soft and heartfelt skating :love:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
1 Misha both
2 K/S lp
3 B/K lp
4 Sofia lp
5 Sergei sp

+ Lord Samarin, SK fd, Zhuk/Britkov, Anna

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Medvedeva SP/FS
Zagitova SP/FS
Sotskova SP/FS
Konstantinova FS
Sofia FS

Right, nothing beats the ladies at this event. For sake of completion, I also really liked Kolyada & Kovtun's FS. Ice Dance was meh, and Pairs my least fav discipline.

Latvian

On the Ice
1. Medvedeva SP
2. Medvedeva FS
3. Zagitova FS
4. Sotskova 3rd place
5. Zagitova 2nd place

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
1. Evgenia's FS
2. Sergei's SP
3. Stolbova/Klimov SP
4. T/M SP
5. tie - Alina's FS and Sofia's FS

I love Anna but I will rewatch her GP performances over these. Not her fault that she was injured, of course, and the hideous judging makes me want to forget it all happened. :(

removof

On the Ice
My top 5 is :

1) Samarin lp
2) Samarin sp
3) Stepanova Bukin sd
4) Medvedeva lp
5) Tarasova Morozov sp

atsumiri

Record Breaker
S/K LP
T/M SP
Evgenia SP
S/K SP
My special award for Medvedeva FP and her 333 :bow:

pasha74

Rinkside
Finally managed to catch up with everything except the Gala (and the MEN's events, which I don't follow :eek:: )

Here's my personal Top5:

1. Medvedeva (that "3-3-3-Grrr!" gesture she made in the Kiss&Cry! I hope somebody will make an animated gif out of it!)
2. Zagitova (she had already been quite impressive at JGPF in Marseille, I think she looked even better in Chelyabinsk!)
3. Tarasova/Morozov (Ok, being a fan of theirs I may be biased, but I still think they should've been the winners!)
4. ExAequo to Zahorski and Pogorilaya, who both gritted their teeth and skated while being sick/injured....RESPECT!

:agree:

Last edited:

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I'm coming to this thread very late, so many great performance to enjoy;

1. Anna Pogorilaya FS - I have watched this skate so many times. Powerful, passionate and emotional, I love it. Of course the judges did her no favours.
2. Anastasia Gubanova FS - This programme suits her perfectly. I am hoping she makes the Russian junior team, a beautiful skater.
3. Boikova/Kozlovskii FS - They get better every time I see them. In their first JGP I though they were overpowered but here it was brilliant, love their salchows and running edge
4. Zhuk/Britkov SP - A lovely skate, very soft and lyrical. Bit of an age gap and he is a bit short so not sure of the long term potential but I was impressed.
5. Stanislava Konstantinova SP - A strong, powerful, athletic skater not a typical ice princess but for me it helps her stand out.

I was disappointed for K/S, it could be hard for them to make a Russian team again but even though their jumps and throws were a bit of their programmes were still a joy to watch, they got a great reception from the audience. Also disappointed for Sergei Voronov, his worst skate of the season in his most important competition, his COC performance was magical. I wasn't impressed with Dmitriev Jr. reaction to Mishin in the K&C, he may be disappointed with his performance but his behaviour was unacceptable.

I thought the audience were fantastic, very supportive to and appreciative of all the skaters.