2017 Worlds Predictions 3 months out! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Predictions 3 months out!

NicoleJ96B

Rinkside
Thought I would resurrect this now we are so close to Worlds! So much has transpired since the Grand Prix Final, what are everyone's thoughts now?

ICE DANCE:
1.Virtue and Moir: excluding some colossal mistakes Virtue/Moir have all but locked up their third World Gold medal.
2. Shibutanis: I know Papadakis/Cizeron always bring it for Worlds but the Shibs performances and scores at 4CC make me think the difference they are posting in the Short Dance can be maintained after the free thanks to their most recent monster score and program improvements.
3. Papadakis and Cizeron: Gold to Bronze in one season seems odd but the downward trajectory they've taken this season seems strong.

MEN: This category makes me extremely nervous but at the moment I see these three having the experience to pull it together in this incosistent season, though I'd love to see Javi go for a triple.
1. Yuzuru Hanyu
2. Nathan Chen
3. Javier Fernandez

LADIES: I think there is a lot of room for upset here.
1.Evgenia Medvedeva - looking forward to new programs from her for next season, these ones aren't among her best.
2. Carolina Kostner - back in a big way with huge PCS - I think she could burst into Olympic contention here with strong performances.
3. Katelyn Osmond - I'm the least confident on Osmond but I think after 4CC she will have bunkered down and worked on stamina in the long to put herself back in the conversation.

PAIRS: I'm the least confidence about this discipline but I think it has the most potential for outstanding performances, upsets and very very close scores. Sui/Han have my favourite programs alongside Stolbova/Klimov but D/R,S/M, C/J and at least three other teams could pull a medal.

Thoughts? :)

SkaterX

On the Ice
Men:

1. Nathan Chen
2. Yuzuru Hanyu
3. Shoma Uno

I'm less sure about the ladies but right now my list is:

1. Evgenia Medvedeva
2. Satoko Miyahara
3. Carolina Kostner (but I'm hoping for Ashley to take this!)

ejnsofi

Final Flight
MAN

1.Yuzuru Hanyu
2.Javier Fernandez
3. Shoma Uno

Unfortunately Javi's performances at GPF and Europeans convinced me that he won't defend the title. Of course he might has his Worlds Breaking Through Performance but I doubt. On the other hand Yuzu can be extra motivated after 4CC. Why not Chen on 3rd place? It's going to be his first Senior World Championship and he is said to be one of favourites so I'm afraid pressure can hit him hard.

FEMALES
1. Medvedeva
2. Pogorilaya
3. Miyahara/Osmond.

Probably the asteroid would have to hit Moscow to stop Evgenia. She is the queen of consistency and she is loved by judges. Pogo finally got rid of the Bronze Medal Curse and she is really motivated to get Worlds' silver as well. I'm not sure about 3rd place. If Osmond skates cleanly she can beat Satoko

Barb

Record Breaker
LADIES
1. Med
2. Pogo
3. Miyahara

MEN
1. Nathan
2. Yuzu
3. Shoma

PAIRS
1. Sui/Han
2. Savchenko/Massot
3. Duhamel/Radford

DANCE
1. V/M
2. S/S
3. P/C

skatefan17

On the Ice
If I'm putting on my soothsayer cap, this is what I see. I know it's a bit illogical, but I think the powers that be want Kostner back on the throne.
1. Medvedeva
2. Kostner
3. Osmond
4. Satoko
5. Pogo
6. Wagner