Practice groups!!! | Golden Skate

Practice groups!!!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
A fan on FSU posted this link to tentative practice groups:

http://www.2017usfigureskatingchamp...ps2017PracticeGroupsVersion4.0121716clean.pdf

Even if things change a little it is very nice to have this info so early. I'm getting excited for Nationals!

Thanks! Wish I could see them all practice more but I am really looking forward to this break from winter....Nats is kind of like a cabaret....you can forget all your troubles for awhile....
Cabaret (English pronunciation: /kæbəˈreɪ/) is a form of entertainment featuring music, song, dance, or drama. It is mainly distinguished by the performance venue, which might be a pub, a restaurant or a nightclub with a stage for performances. OR AN FIGURE SKATING ARENA!

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Tyler Pierce has been removed from the Qualifiers list: http://www.usfsa.org/content/2017 Qualifiers.pdf

She was unable to skate at her international assignments and lost her "bye" to Nationals. She is still on the Practice group list, but she will eventually be removed. If the groups become too unbalanced because of withdrawals, the groups may be rearranged. If you are anxious to see a certain skater practice, keep a close eye on the practice group list.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Tyler Pierce has been removed from the Qualifiers list: http://www.usfsa.org/content/2017 Qualifiers.pdf

She was unable to skate at her international assignments and lost her "bye" to Nationals. ...

Cross-posting from the Qualifiers thread:

Tyler earned a bye based on her fifth place at Nationals last year.

Did USFS make a statement that she "lost" her bye???
If not, I strongly disagree with the notion that her withdrawal from her GP (her only international assignment, IIRC) "caused her to lose her bye to Nationals."

If that were the case, then Polina "should" have lost her bye as well -- which has not happened.

The qualifiers list originally was published on Nov 23, and it already was known before then that Tyler had withdrawn from her GP.

As I said in the U.S. ladies thread on Tuesday, I fear that the disappearance of Tyler's name from the qualifiers list means that she has withdrawn from Nats.

(Furthermore ... the concept of "losing" a bye seems weird to me -- would defeat the whole purpose of a bye.)​

Last edited:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I've already apologized in another thread for my causing confusion. Ice coverage is correct that Tyler's bye was because of her 5th place finish in 2016. I unfortunately was thinking it was top 4. At any rate Tyler's name is no longer on the Qualifiers list, but there is no official announcement.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I've already apologized in another thread for my causing confusion. Ice coverage is correct that Tyler's bye was because of her 5th place finish in 2016. I unfortunately was thinking it was top 4. At any rate Tyler's name is no longer on the Qualifiers list, but there is no official announcement.

No apology for what you wrote was necessary.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yesterday I checked the newest list of practice groups - stickied up at the top of this forum in red - and discovered a number of changes. If you are really anxious to see a particular skater, check the newest list. All the changes I found were in the Championship lists except for 1 addition in Jr. Ladies. The odd thing I saw was that Adam Rippon has not had been marked as a withdrawal :confused: