Random Confessions | Page 128 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
A few days ago, my friend used the first pancake metaphor to refer to first relationships...

And now I have to confess that I had to look that one up.

But, I was kinda relieved when I read it, because I actually thought it would have something to do with the other meaning that has now become attached to pancakes (which I only found out about a few weeks ago when somebody on Facebook said something about her's, and I couldn't work out what she was talking about :slink: )

I'm writing an email to my boss, and it's taking all my self-control not to write, XXXX at the end.

Gaaaahhhh!!!! I came in here because I thought this would be the one place on GS I would be able to go without hearing spoilers!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm about to watch the RD for 4CC, and I was berating myself for sleeping through the alarm while the VPN was connecting. Then I remembered that I always need more sleep after pulling an all-nighter, which I did to watch the ladies' and men's short. And for a moment there I thought I should've been fired (I miraculously wasn't, as I found out on Thursday) so that I could've had a nap during the day and stayed up again. FS is turing me into a sloth :laugh:

I'm watching it now too! :biggrin: Friend / Badaoui about to start for me.

Relieved to hear that your fears were unfounded.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oops! Edited!

Awww. You're such a sweetie to be so kind to do that! :)

But, having read your post, I can totally understand your excitement about it! :agree: :biggrin:

I don't blame you - I blame Eurosport. Why, oh why, are they making us wait until Sunday evening to watch the highlights?! And, hence, making me wait until Monday until I can start piecing the World Feed and the highlights together.

CaroLiza_fan

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
On 2/13, I will do something that I haven't done in decades. I will be shopping at a comic book store.

LOL

I stopped collecting comics sooooo long ago, but on 2/13, a new 6 issue arc starts....."Wonder Twins". They were my fave cartoon characters as a kid, and I have to get this book.

*hangs head in shame*

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Portland got a mild amount of snow last night and the grocery store yesterday was like a scene from doomsday preppers. The highway is bad so I’m not going to drive to skating but may brave the close by mall rink- being from Michigan watching Portland lose it’s mind over minimal snow is mind blowing.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
As I have mentioned a few times before, I was in a school production of "Annie" back in 1999. So, when I heard this morning that Albert Finney had died, I went looking for a video of him as Daddy Warbucks singing "Something Was Missing". And I was going to post it over in the Listening To Now thread.

Except, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't find a video. :disapp:

It turns out that that song wasn't included in the film adaptation that Finney was in! :drama:

Well, it was a nice thought anyway!

CaroLiza_fan

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I still have 29 days until I fly to Nome but I'm starting to panic that I am behind the ball and under prepared for a week up there. I LOVED going last time, and I should be more chill... but ugh!

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Portland got a mild amount of snow last night and the grocery store yesterday was like a scene from doomsday preppers. The highway is bad so I’m not going to drive to skating but may brave the close by mall rink- being from Michigan watching Portland lose it’s mind over minimal snow is mind blowing.

Unfortunately the half of the population who have no idea how to drive in snow is the half that doesn't have the sense to stay close to home. No, you don't drive 5 mph over the speed limit. No, you don't drive 10 mph. Moderation in all things, people!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Today was cold enough for a crust to form on the top of the snow. I got to climb on top and walk the fields to the supermarket like a BOSS! Walking on the top of 2 meter snow drifts is a great feeling. :cool:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Not contend with the 4CC dramas...

on the TV at the minute is a clip on the World Champion of the Pizza Freestyle Acrobatics. So much thrilling sport in one day....

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
To those unfamiliar with country life, deer usually go on the move in predawn and post twilight hours after and before complete darkness. Though I have seen them many times at distance and fairly close range, I have never had an up close encounter. Last evening, driving home along my winding country road post twilight I spotted a pair leap into and scamper across the road from the right about 8 feet in front of the car; I immediately came full stop and watched them disappear into the verge at left wondering if they travelled mostly by two's or if there were more. Still looking left, I put the car in gear and started to move slowly forward (no more than 5 mph) turning my attention back to the road ahead and slammed on the brake hard!!!! Another deer, very large, ran into the road from the same spot as the other two less than a foot from the front of the car.. 99 % positive I did NOT hit it.... no thump and, checking later, no marks on the car indicating contact was made but it was a narrow escape for us both. Scared the living daylights out of me... :drama: :eeking:

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Another major competition over, another big reminder why I usually stay off any threads on The Edge that aren't "figure skater lookalikes" or "you know you're a FS fan when". :laugh:

I'm just glad that I can appreciate every single skater, from the most artistic and least technical, to the most technical and least artistic, to the most balanced, to little kids doing one-minute programs to pass their freestyle tests, for who they are. (My sleep schedule probably wishes I'd be more choosy, though.)

That being said, I still think Yuzu is the unequivocal GOAT. :biggrin: But that's just my opinion, and no matter how much I would tattoo it on my right ankle if tattoos weren't against my religion, I will never, ever think it more or less valid than anyone else's reasonable opinion (reasonable, i.e. not "he's not the GOAT because I like Skater A's hair better" or something :laugh:).

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Yes.. thsnks!! I am fine but I stressed about that deer all evening long!! Until the Men's FS.. then it was as if it had never been..:biggrin:

Moose are scary. . All you see are legs..!!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I'm facing another YOLO FS trip possibility (The Challenge Cup next week in Hague) as one of my workmates search sleepover options through her friends in The Netherlands, I don't know if I am completely out of my mind or else. Seeing Kevin, Rika, Wakaba again would be a dream come true...And gift ideas are already forming in my head :laugh:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
On the good side, I'm not getting fired. On the bad side, I'm going to be under supervision until I start teaching according to protocol. I know it's a business and I'm supposed to follow the rules (and I am going to have to unless I want to get sacked), but it does feel bitter that my good intentions were received with complaints of "Lessons with her are too long and too difficult". Yes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions, but I really was doing my best to teach them the language and also help them appreciate the wonderful books they were reading... Oh well, I'll just have to cut down the contextual trivia even more than I have already and stop making the kids think for themselves... (sigh)