Random Confessions | Page 150 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

I am literally exhausted. First year as a professor, new city, new home, everything is so exciting and I'm so grateful. But, the work load is so heavy, I haven't seen my family for 5 years, I haven't had a vacation for 10 years and sometimes it gets to me a bit. I will get through in a couple of hours but at the moment it is hitting me hard. Why do people share their birthday parties, mother days, father days,... on twitter? There are so many people in this world that for any reason being with family is an unaffordable luxury for them. Damn it, now I'm crying in my office first thing in the morning

Ducky

On the Ice
So I got a kitty that was living on the parking lot, and I named him Axel. :biggrin:

Ah yes, congrats to Axel for her new VIP indoor life!

I am literally exhausted. First year as a professor, new city, new home, everything is so exciting and I'm so grateful. But, the work load is so heavy, I haven't seen my family for 5 years, I haven't had a vacation for 10 years and sometimes it gets to me a bit. I will get through in a couple of hours but at the moment it is hitting me hard. Why do people share their birthday parties, mother days, father days,... on twitter? There are so many people in this world that for any reason being with family is an unaffordable luxury for them. Damn it, now I'm crying in my office first thing in the morning

First, real professorship and not adjunct h*ll? (I'm hoping you're tenure track.) Second, it's rough seeing people on social media who are blithely posting about something that you so desperately feel is being denied to you (for me right now it's engagements and weddings and my high school friends posting anniversary photos on facebook.) I know it's not much comfort from an internet person but I'm sending you good vibes.

First, real professorship and not adjunct h*ll? (I'm hoping you're tenure track.) Second, it's rough seeing people on social media who are blithely posting about something that you so desperately feel is being denied to you (for me right now it's engagements and weddings and my high school friends posting anniversary photos on facebook.) I know it's not much comfort from an internet person but I'm sending you good vibes.

Yes, I am a tenure track faculty and I'm so grateful for the opportunities that I have. And, I understand we can't have all the good things together so I will get through. Thank you for the good vibe, it definitely helps :)

MalAssada

Medalist
I'm a biology student. For over a year now, I've been looking for labs where I can do research mandatory for graduation. Yesterday, I was sure I had the one. I loved every aspect of it, and I was so eager to start! Today, the professor mailed me to say she has accepted a position abroad and as such isn't in the position to take any students. I feel like crying, I was SO SURE it was finally happening, but I can't even let it get to me now, because I have to study for an exam tomorrow and I need high grades to be able to get a scholarship.
Sometimes I really hate university. How come it can be so bad in what is widely recognized as Brazil's/Latin America's best university? Professors expect so much of us, only to fail us in a subject on a whim or they just don't botter answering emails. It really shows how much we're really worth to the institution.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Of all the places in my house that my huge, long-haired, light-colored cat could choose to sleep, he just had to pick right on top of my black sweater.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
^^^ yes.. I remember them from last year... :yay: :popcorn:
Have a wonderful time you two!!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Your gifts are are so creative and lovely, Beatrice :luv17: I’m almost more excited to see them (and you and Tabsy cheering with flags, hopefully :)) than the competition itself!

Thanks so much for the support! :) I feel like this is my kind of way of saying them thank you for their skating I enjoy so much. And here's bonus gift I made in about 4 hrs during my drive to Bratislava yesterday - a flower crown Lorraine McNamara will get :) https://twitter.com/NoNameFace10/status/1174704843023364096?s=19

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I want to thank you guys for all the support given over my trip to Nepela with gifts, it was such fantastic experience, to give back a bit of good skaters gave me :)

Sara was an absolute doll by bringing flower crown to the victory ceremony, she seemed so proud & happy to wear it, I couldn't be more happy! https://twitter.com/NoNameFace10/status/1175476585396408320?s=19

My confession: I watched the Free Dance and the first 2 podium ceremonies (sorry guys, I haven't been able to watch any of the Men yet) before going to bed last night... and I couldn't get to sleep because I couldn't stop smiling for you! :laugh:

It just goes to show just how lovely a person Sara is. Beautiful on the inside as well as the outside.

And although Sara looks gorgeous all the time anyway, I have to admit that flower crown really did set her off. ;) :love:

But the best bit was the way Sara appreciated it so much. Hey, let's face it, she didn't have to wear it at all. But, she wore it at every opportunity she got.

Because of the way the organisers were rattling through the podium ceremonies, us watching on the stream didn't actually get to see her wearing the crown when the photos were being taken. But, we did see a member of their team standing waiting with the crown hanging from his arm. And such beautiful photos they were too! :love:

And even the Spanish Fed showed their appreciation by actually crediting you in their posts!!! :shocked: :biggrin: (I suspect you may have La Rhumba to thank for that, since she tagged the Twitter pages belonging to both you and Sara in a screenshot she posted a few hours earlier).

You're famous!!! :rock:

You know, it's a real pity the director of the stream was cutting to the highlights so soon after the skating was finished (before the skaters had even got off the ice!), because I would have loved to have seen Sara's reaction when you actually handed the crown over to her.

You have a great talent, Beatrice, and it is great to see it getting the recognition it deserves. :bow:

Keep up the good work! :)

CaroLiza_fan

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
A little garter snake just slithered up a tree in my yard and is now just chilling on a branch. I want to snakenap it. I won't... but I want to.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
My confession: I watched the Free Dance and the first 2 podium ceremonies (sorry guys, I haven't been able to watch any of the Men yet) before going to bed last night... and I couldn't get to sleep because I couldn't stop smiling for you! :laugh:

It just goes to show just how lovely a person Sara is. Beautiful on the inside as well as the outside.

And although Sara looks gorgeous all the time anyway, I have to admit that flower crown really did set her off. ;) :love:

But the best bit was the way Sara appreciated it so much. Hey, let's face it, she didn't have to wear it at all. But, she wore it at every opportunity she got.

Because of the way the organisers were rattling through the podium ceremonies, us watching on the stream didn't actually get to see her wearing the crown when the photos were being taken. But, we did see a member of their team standing waiting with the crown hanging from his arm. And such beautiful photos they were too!

And even the Spanish Fed showed their appreciation by actually crediting you in their posts!!! (I suspect you may have La Rhumba to thank for that, since she tagged the Twitter pages belonging to both you and Sara in a screenshot she posted a few hours earlier).

You're famous!!!

You know, it's a real pity the director of the stream was cutting to the highlights so soon after the skating was finished (before the skaters had even got off the ice!), because I would have loved to have seen Sara's reaction when you actually handed the crown over to her.

You have a great talent, Beatrice, and it is great to see it getting the recognition it deserves. :bow:

Keep up the good work! :)

CaroLiza_fan

Just catching up after work - many, many thanks for all the praise! :)

Moments like this one with Sara/the Spanish Fed posting on Twitter tagging me, her responses with emphasis how much she values the gift & want to wear it everywhere validate the effort and are my fuel to show my appreciation in this way further. Skating took me out many times from pretty dark places in my life & gave me hope for something better to happen to me, motivated me to save money to get my dreams realized, got me back to art... So what can I do is to say 'thank you' by crafting something one of a kind, writing some words on those cards and give it all, helping to create happy memories for skaters, regardless of results.

She did look beautiful. Even my mom & my sister told that she is a natural beauty, but the colours of the crown did set it off stronger:). I am pretty proud & moved about this, how much she values the gift and that she brought it for victory ceremony - I did not see she did it until friends started to tell me that she indeed wears it after getting of the podium! Others went a bit closer to take some photos for me, I waited for them to get off the ice with Spanish flag prepared - Sara actually recognized me & started to thank me for the crown and I asked her, if they could pose for the photo with the flag, she agreed & I have the best memoire I could have ask for :). Even Viktoria gestured towards Sara wearing crown with admiration, I felt very proud, won't lie:).

The whole experience was amazing, to see Mako, Kaori & Mitsuki smiling over gifts. To see Lorraine smiling at me handling that last minute crafted crown & trying to put it on her head despite her hairdo being on the way:). These moments really make me to craft more & get them that little moments of happiness & moment of pride to myself.

Making a week of rest & getting back to crafting again - IdF is next & I have for now two specific crafts planned, for Alena Kostornaia & Kevin Aymoz, but have at least 10 skaters/teams more I would like to do something for.

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
My random confession... I'm so ashamed... Are you ready to be horrified... Chloe Ferry used to skate at my rink [emoji24][emoji33][emoji45][emoji36]🤢🤬🥵🤮

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My random confession... I'm so ashamed... Are you ready to be horrified... Chloe Ferry used to skate at my rink [emoji24][emoji33][emoji45][emoji36]��������

Erm, my confession is that I had to look up that name, because I had never heard tell of her before. :eek::

But, when I did look her up, everything made sense. I have never had any interest in those types of programme.

Staying on the British theme, did you know that actresses Anita Harris and Amanda Mealing are both former figure skaters? (And they were both very successful on the British domestic scene).

OK, so I only found this out when another GS member mentioned it a few weeks ago (thank you La Rhumba!)

But, it is amazing where former skaters pop up again in the public eye.

CaroLiza_fan