Random Confessions | Page 161 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What is the longest you've ever fallen down a youtube rabbit hole? It's scary how much time you can spend on youtube without realizing how much time has passed.

To be honest, I don't really use YouTube that much. Whenever I do, it is usually for one of the following two reasons:

1. to watch a livestream of a skating competition
  2. to look for videos of a particular skater whose Fan Fest I am updating, so that I can add new ones to the video list

And the time I found those videos a few days ago fell into the second category.

No, I'm the sort of person that only goes into YouTube to look for something specific. And then when I find it, I leave.

Mind you, it can sometimes take a long time to find what I am looking for. So, I can relate to what you are saying.

For example, a few times over the past few years I have gone onto YouTube looking for the definitive piano version of a particular song. But I just can't find a copy that fits what I am looking for. All the versions I can find have at least one of the following problems:

• doesn't include the full intro
  • played too fast
  • played too slow
  • has improvisations
  • has other instruments coming in during the main part of the song
  • has vocals

I just want to hear somebody playing the song on a piano the way it was supposed to be played without any messing about. Is that too much to ask?! :hpull:

CaroLiza_fan

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Mmmmm, Taco Bell. I know it's not authentic, but I love it anyway.

Just think about the fact that someone must've tried eating rotten milk and they've possibly witnessed it go off. So, after having sour milk AND experiencing the stink of it, they THEN decided to leave it some more day (or forgot about it), then ate it, and then discovered that it's actually tasty... :eek:

Haha, if you're talking about sour cream, I wouldn't be surprised if that were one of my great-grandma's ancestors. Apparently she was always leaving dairy products around and then eating them days later for some reason that my mom was too scared to ask. :laugh:

Now, who the first person to figure out that it can be used as burn salve was, I want to shake that person's hand. :laugh:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm over the moon, I woke up to the news that Parasite not only won Best Foreign Picture and Best Original Screenplay (as I had expected), but also Best Director and Best Picture!!!!!! :hap57:

Ducky

On the Ice
I'm over the moon, I woke up to the news that Parasite not only won Best Foreign Picture and Best Original Screenplay (as I had expected), but also Best Director and Best Picture!!!!!! :hap57:

The academy got it right for once! Best picture went to the legit best picture!

Ducky

On the Ice
Sorry for the double post, but I just came across an article using figure skating to explain the love of single-shots in film as their lede:

"The one-shot movie is to cinema roughly what the triple axel or quadruple jump is to figure skating: It carries a high degree of difficulty, but if you manage to nail it, you’re sure to wow the crowd." from the LA Times.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Today was a payday at work. I was pretty confused last month when I got my salary being at Mentor Cup at that time as I got more than I calculated, this month is the same story...and I am anxious lol. I am REALLY uncomfortable with perspective to actually HAVE money to spend. The issue that baffles me the most though this month is that after paying necessities, putting money aside for my usual budgeted monthly expenses, putting aside savings account share, putting my planned fund for new glasses and large suitcase for Montreal AND monthly share to pay for my phone there's just too much 'free' money left...There HAS TO BE A CATCH. No other way

;)

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I could cry.

I spent ages making a Happy Birthday video for one of the skaters I have adopted. And when I uploaded it to YouTube, I was told that because of the music used, the video was blocked in all countries.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

There are other videos up on YouTube that use the same music (granted, not many. But there are still some). So, what is wrong with my video?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

The thing that is annoying me most is that the reason I chose this song was because a friend said that she would love to see somebody skating to it. And I wanted to try to promote the song and try to get the idea out there.

But, if any videos that contain it are going to be automatically blocked from YouTube, then I suppose it is better that it is not skated to.

I'll try uploading my video to Facebook. But, if the same problem arises there, then I suppose that this project will have to be abandoned in the final furlong.

EDIT: On Facebook, the music got muted. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, it isn't in East Timor, the Netherlands Antilles, and Kosovo. Which ain't a lot of use, considering that the skater isn't from any of those countries, and I doubt if she has many fans there either. :disapp:

So, I deleted the video.​

CaroLiza_fan

Johar

Medalist
I don’t like beer. No matter how many times I tried to it all tasted nasty.

I like to listen to scary stories on You Tube.

I’ve never gone to a rock concert.

Ducky

On the Ice
I've just realized that the film I need to be created is a Frederick Wiseman (La Danse; Monrovia, Indiana; In Jackson Heights) documentary on one of the major figure skating competitions.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don’t like beer. No matter how many times I tried to it all tasted nasty.

You're not alone! I can't stand the smell of it. Maybe that's because one of the schools where I taught was near a yeast factory. When the wind blew towards the school, the smell was overpowering & nauseating, IMHO.

I'm surprised you've never been to a rock concert. What are your favorite music genres?

Johar

Medalist
I like many genres- U2, Green Day, etc. trouble is I don’t drive and have Never had many friends. Grew up in a small town far from rock band venues.

When I was a kid I begged my parents to see The Police in Charlevoix, Michigan. They yelled at me for even asking.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like many genres- U2, Green Day, etc. trouble is I don’t drive and have Never had many friends. Grew up in a small town far from rock band venues.

When I was a kid I begged my parents to see The Police in Charlevoix, Michigan. They yelled at me for even asking.

Aw ... :cry: We never got to see The Police, but we did get to see Sting in concert with Paul Simon a few years ago. Living in/near a major city has its perks. What is shocking these days are the prices for concert tickets for superstar performers. Skating show tickets are relatively more affordable than those!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
When I saw Green Day's American Idiot on Broadway I said to my friend, My goodness, but they're the buffest heroin addicts in the history of the world.

Yes, I admit it. Broadway dancers are High Class Eye Candy.

:party2:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What is the longest you've ever fallen down a youtube rabbit hole? It's scary how much time you can spend on youtube without realizing how much time has passed.

Just as a follow-up to my previous answer, although I don't tend to fall down rabbit holes on YouTube, I frequently fall down rabbit holes on Wikipedia. I could go on to look up one thing, and ¾ an hour later still be on the site!

Most of the time, the movement around the site has been by clicking through to another page from the page you were on. And the strangest bit is when you decide it's time to stop, and you look at where you are and start wondering "How on Earth did I get here from where I started?"

And then just as you are about to close the window, you remember something else you wanted to look up! And another rabbit hole starts! :laugh:

Suffice to say, I am posting this additional answer now because I have just emerged out of one of these rabbit holes. And because of said rabbit hole, I am not going to get everything done that I wanted to get done before I go out in about 40 minutes! :mad:

Some day I will learn to be disciplined on Wikipedia...

CaroLiza_fan

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
My boyfriend has decided to ask me if anyone's skated to various increasingly weird genres of music (death metal, Gregorian chants, ambient noise, Carnatic music, 4:33")

The only one that I could find a program for was Aboriginal music.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I soon have to go buy a diploma with my time (sigh), so I'm being utterly self-indulgent during the time I have left. I still go tutoring and do the odd translation/proofreading gigs, but mostly I sleep all day and watch Chinese dramas depicting the dog-eat-dog world of the Imperial palace through the night. I wish I could write something like that but I'm socially awkward and 0% politically savvy