Random Confessions | Page 167 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
It has been 33 minutes since my birthday ended here, it was a surprisingly normal day. I got congratulated by three friends and maman bought me a cake. Aside from that, I had online classes to attend (thank goodness the semester is soon coming to a close) and I also woke up at 8 to go and work. That's life, I guess. Still, happy belated birthday to me.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It has been 33 minutes since my birthday ended here, it was a surprisingly normal day. I got congratulated by three friends and maman bought me a cake. Aside from that, I had online classes to attend (thank goodness the semester is soon coming to a close) and I also woke up at 8 to go and work. That's life, I guess. Still, happy belated birthday to me.

:hb:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

oh mio Dior!!!!!! happy birthday!!!!!:hb::cheer::dance3:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

:hb::ghug::cheer:

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist

Happy birthday!

hanyuufan5

Medalist
Someone please upgrade my memory chip. :bang: I would be fluent in Japanese if not for my weaknesses in vocabulary and kanji. I just hate rote memorization so much. I can only learn to write complex kanji by memorizing the components and making up little phrases or stories that tie them together with the character's meaning, but I can't do that if I can't memorize the components in the first place! I can definitely learn to read kanji by just memorizing the whole thing, but writing-wise, I'll retain them for maybe a week if I'm lucky.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

Happy belated birthday to you, Ichat! May next season be more lucky to you and your babies! :hap10:

Snorlax

Rinkside
Country
United-Kingdom
As many can guess from my nickname, I'm a big fan of a certain big and chubby pokemon. Since Covid prevents Snorlax (both the Poke and the reallife me ;) ) from skating on the ice, we have found a workaround called inline skating. :agree: I figured it's only appropriate to change my avatar on here to one with inline skates... :biggrin:

For reference, you can find the old avatar under this link (and my plush-friends Snorlax and Babysnorlax while they're "off the eaten path", helping me stick to my diet, eating all my snacks...)

https://imgur.com/a/1kNuJpo

And yes, I'm slightly insane, my excuse is the lockdown! :dance3:

hanyuufan5

Medalist
A few years ago, there was a Japanese tweet with several thousand likes and retweets, in which someone had photoshopped a pair of glasses onto a smiling Snorlax and captioned it something like, "This person was definitely in your class." Sure enough, he was in my high school. And my mom's elementary school. Interesting how it seems to be true across multiple countries and generations that everyone had an easygoing, chubby glasses-wearer in their class. :laugh:

hanyuufan5

Medalist
I'm sitting in my living room and watching a movie in my decrepit old Freestyles.

NEVER EVER EVER jump in skates off ice. It's dangerous and stupid. That being said, I did a teeny, tiny waltz jump and landed on a really good outside edge and now I miss the feeling of being on a deep edge so badly. :cry:

Ducky

On the Ice
Ugh, I hate know it all guys. An acquaintance, that I need to be friendly with, today told me that "I was argumentative" and he that he "didn't like to argue" when all he really meant was that he didn't want to be challenged on ANYTHING. Like he didn't want to hear about why I liked reading the comments on articles because he felt they were garbage, full stop, or (because I live right off this street) the bodega he was referring to was on the right of the laundromat on the corner when he was saying to look left -- dude, not everyone looks at street signs, trust AND if you are coming from the direction we were coming from you would see the place on your right BEFORE you turned -- and then he had the temerity to tell me that I really needed to start playing ice hockey after I told him I really liked figure skating.

I'm sorry but just because I disagree with your opinion doesn't make me "argumentative" it just makes me a person with a valid opinion and I don't care if you were friends with Joan Didion and can name check all these other auteurs who are in your circle, my thoughts and opinions on a matter deserve to be heard. And maybe he would be better served by being quiet and listening to them to, I don't know, actually learn?

Also, stopping me from talking about a film because you want to talk about how you find the director/lead actress sexy AND then to explain you're beyond looks because you value other qualities beyond conventional beauty -- well let's just say that 'not finding the Khardasians attractive' is not a personality.

Sorry. It's just, I hate having to pretend I'm less in order to keep peace and I realize that this is exactly that I'm going to have to do in order to hang out with some of my friends when he's around.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
My exasperating brother has just walked out of the shower naked FOR THE THIRD TIME. My room happens to be LITERALLY THREE STEPS AWAY. MY EYES :gaah: :bang: :bang:

He just does not have the concept of privacy within shared space, in fact he lacks in the respecting privacy department overall. The biggest improvement I've seen in the last five years is that he learned to knock after spending six months in Canada with my aunt. And I'm a very private person by nature, which causes me quite some annoyances. Take this for example:

Me: (sitting in my room)
Brother: Hey, open the door
Me: (surprised) Why?
Brother: Just open the door
Me: Like, what for?
Brother: (annoyed) Ugh come on
Me: (opens door)
Brother: (steps inside) Where's the shower speaker?
Me: (swallows "You literally could've asked me that at the door") Here, I was charging it
Brother: (leaves)

One more thing to rant: I know that with the current pandemic and all it'd be rude to make your guests stay at a motel or something, but he brought over three friends to stay for the night and they hogged the bathroom, which as I said before is literally three steps away from my room. Three strangers were going across right before my room, I was immensely stressed by that alone not to mention not being able to use the toilet and the shower freely. Oh, and did I mention that I was made aware of the fact that he brought friends over by me trying to go to the bathroom and seeing a strange shape reflected by the mirror on the wall? I was freaking terrified, while arguably not his fault does not make it less stressful. This category also includes me being freaked out at 2 am while going to the kitchen for some water and seeing a shape sprawled on the sofa (one of his friends) in the dark.

Ugh, if I weren't a poor college student I would've moved out as soon as I could've.

Ducky

On the Ice
A few weeks ago I applied for a writing workshop and I learned yesterday that not only did I get in, but they offered me a spot in the master fiction writing class even though I had just signed up for the entry level one. And I know that it's probably because I've taken a few writing classes before, but it's still nice to pretend they mean it when they say I've obvious talent.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
A few weeks ago I applied for a writing workshop and I learned yesterday that not only did I get in, but they offered me a spot in the master fiction writing class even though I had just signed up for the entry level one. And I know that it's probably because I've taken a few writing classes before, but it's still nice to pretend they mean it when they say I've obvious talent.

Awesome! Congrats ^^

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Been really hot here in CT this month; had lunch this afternoon... this note was affixed to the window of the car next to mine in the parking lot. :eek:..

BD36D238-5593-4C9F-87E8-D09D261DC001.jpg