Random Confessions | Page 104 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Can identify with rental crises in a big city: Boston has to be the one of the worst RE markets in the world and I rented there for years... good apartments in bad neighborhoods and vice versa, sharing/roommates (never worked), but every once in a while I would hit the jackpot and find a gem, something small, out-of-the-way, but close enough to work and always word-of-mouth, where I stayed longest, living peacefully, til I had enough to buy my first condo. Owning brings it's own set of issues... good luck with your search karne!!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Wow...you guys are the best :eek::

Things are starting to look up...all tests are done and no surgery is needed. I’m almost back to full strength and I’ve been going out and even worked the last few days.

Random Confession: I’ve eaten poorly during this whole time. Not frequent enough and then when I did it was garbage food. I’m gonna have to start increasing my normal exercise routine and eat nothing but celery to shed a few pounds after all this. JK :laugh:

I know I’m going to get there.

The friggin' food... The older I get, the more conscious I become on how food influences my body and my health. Lately, I ate too much poor carbs and felt like sheet, cutting them and not eating them most definitely before sleep and voila - a change in energy, better skin... I have just weak will to resist sweets sometimes and it has effects. I should really lay them off though as I have a metabolism of turtle... ;). Anyway, good to hear You are getting better!!!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
karne is a stressedkarne. karne must find somewhere new to live. property market in karne's city is unexpectedly tight. karne needs skating season to start for the distraction.

Fingers crossed for you! I had a flat changing drama last Autumn - at the end of September my landlady announced she wants to sell the flat I rented, so I was left with less than month to find a new place as I was at hometown for the first 2 weeks of October. It was very stressful experience - I have no car to move myself, so on top of searching for a flat, I had to arrange the move. I rented place on a very top of my assigned budget, it is nice, my room is big, but the biggest let down is always a flatmate... I just have no patience to teach a grown woman how to clean after yourself...

iorii

On the Ice
Tomorrow is the first day of working at new workplace... Unlike my previous office before, which was a big agency, it's now a very small design house. The projects look interesting and it looks like I'll learn a lot but the problem I always have is confidence--along with my anxiety. I'm afraid the things that happened at my previous workplace that made me eventually quit will happen again. But fake it till you make it I guess, I'll pretend I'm mostly sure of myself (when I actually never am)! :hap85:

Why is adulting so hard.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Tomorrow is the first day of working at new workplace... Unlike my previous office before, which was a big agency, it's now a very small design house. The projects look interesting and it looks like I'll learn a lot but the problem I always have is confidence--along with my anxiety. I'm afraid the things that happened at my previous workplace that made me eventually quit will happen again. But fake it till you make it I guess, I'll pretend I'm mostly sure of myself (when I actually never am)! :hap85:

Why is adulting so hard.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you and have You in my thoughts, because I have a battle with the exact same thing: confidence and self-esteem/self-belief. I have no such significant issue with anxiety (however I am really nervous about any changes in life, mostly doubting in myself), but I do believe that the smaller company/place is, the better chance You will feel more at ease.

And well, I practically had no childhood in typical sense of it, I always had an old soul and was terribly serious to deal with so I cannot say that adulting was hard for me:laugh:, more like I was just used to responsibility, hard work for myself. Nothing but the best for you!!! :ghug:

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
The air quality in the PNW is terrible thanks to the forest fires, I haven't been outside for any length of time since Sunday and am going stir crazy. The only thing that's keeping me sane right now are the days I skate before work (yay indoor exercise!) and watching Trevor Noah clips on YouTube.

I also bought my plane ticket back to Michigan for later this month. My parents are having a family party/mini reunion. I am trying to decide how much wine I will need to drink to handle being around my offensive cousin. Every time he says something distasteful I'm going to make a donation in his name to a charity to support refugees.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
THIS YOUNG MAN!!!
https://youtu.be/j9B3QjQ3VSo
I related so bad with the first comment about feeling like a disappointment :laugh:

This is freaky, because last Thursday the "Flight Of The Bumblebee" randomly came into my head while I was changing the sheets on my bed.

I am so impressed with this guy. Given the nature of the piece, I would never have imagined anybody attempting to play it on an instrument that you have to blow into.

I don't normally look at the comments, but I took a glance at them in this case, and was a bit puzzled by the one that said they thought they heard the Pokémon music at the start.

Jason Paige - "Gotta Catch 'Em All"

Erm, no.

While I was looking up the video, I found this cover of the Pokemon theme. And it is BRILLIANT!!!

Jonathan Young and Jason Paige - "Gotta Catch 'Em All"

The first minute has Jonathan singing, and then Jason takes over for the rest of the song. It is so surreal seeing the man behind the voice!

Time for a confession. I never watched Pokémon. Yet, despite this, I know the words and pictures from the Opening Titles (the first minute of the video above) off by heart.

How did this come about? Well, you can blame Cat Deeley, Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly for that!

Every week, I would watch the start of SM:TV Live to see what Cat, Ant and Dec were up this week. And to hear Ant and Dec's PokéRap, which was always very funny (the first half of which was different every week, while the second half stayed the same. And I still remember the second half off by heart).

Examples:

1. with Ronan Keating
  2. with Edele Lynch
  3. with Jamie Oliver, Katie ?, and Cat Deeley

I was never interested in Pokémon. So, I would stop watching SM:TV once Pokémon started, and then come back when it was finished.

But, the theme tune is so good that I waited until it was finished before turning over! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
How do you not hit things while driving? :slink:

(my spatial awareness is terrible... and I'm terrified of hitting things.)

I thought I would when I started (many years ago...) and so did the brave family friend who gave me my first lessons safely out of town.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
It’s Friday night and I’m eating chocolate and watching true crime documentaries. Introverting in all my introvert glory.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
It’s Friday night and I’m eating chocolate and watching true crime documentaries. Introverting in all my introvert glory.

I really get this. I am far more eager to go home Friday after work and do some baking/cooking, then watch a movie, documentary or read a book (preferably one from these I've already read dozen times) than go out and socialize. My mom sees it as an issue, apparently, but I feel way more comfortable on my own than surrounded by a bunch of people.

nervosa

On the Ice
I'm going back to school in a few days and I'm afraid not only of my classes being hard, but also that I might have underestimated my academic ability and self-sabotaged by picking too easy of classes... heh...

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I am going to try a new plum oat pie recipe today:), will report if something eatable makes out of that:laugh:

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I am going to try a new plum oat pie recipe today:), will report if something eatable makes out of that:laugh:

That sounds really good! I love trying new recipes!

On that note one thing I am excited about going back to Michigan next week to visit my parents is my mom’s baked goods. It doesn’t matter how old you are- cookies taste better when your mom makes them!

PekkaRink

Rinkside
Right now, I am in a country where YouTube is blocked (amongst many other websites...) and although it’s been only for 11 days I am really looking forward to going back home on Tuesday - I miss watching FS stuff and keep on clicking all the links in fan Fests and the edge 🤦🏻*♀️

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I braved tumblr to find a British Eurosport version of yuzuru’s Olympic freeskate and lived to tell the tale.