Random Confessions | Page 124 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I am unfortunately terrible with my hands (I had to ask mom for help on stitching the wings...), so unfortunately making a dress is out of the question :( A halo would be nice, but then Somewhere in Time isn't about angels (I got the angel idea on reading a comment here that Chinese fans said she looked like an angel in her SP dress)... I colored the wings à la her dress, would putting glitter on them work? Aaarrgh why am I not talented like you Beatrice :no:

Eh, I would not get that far with talent, it is just more about awakened creativity. Yes, I think that a little sparkle on wings would work. If dress is not a possibility, then maybe some kind of cape to be tied instead of sewn? If not, I think that maybe some little headpiece/embellishment on the head would be enough? The gesture itself is wonderful:)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I have a very important, long day ahead of me, but right now I am dealing with terribly painful heartburn and indigestion. :( :gaah:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think that "Welcome to the Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance would work for a competitive program (FP. Or FD if it follows the rules).

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Lol, that reminds me, I heard some patriotic song in a video ("God bless the USA" or something?) and was almost involuntarily imagining an EX or show program to it. There was this one part that was just made for an Ina Bauer or spread eagle. :laugh:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lol, that reminds me, I heard some patriotic song in a video ("God bless the USA" or something?) and was almost involuntarily imagining an EX or show program to it. There was this one part that was just made for an Ina Bauer or spread eagle. :laugh:

Ooooooo that reminds me of the full version of the Liberty Kids theme song ("Through My Own Eyes"). There are parts where I clearly see a placement for a layback spin, a split jump, and other jumps. And the outfit, I know exactly what it would look like.

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
While we're on the topic of music, id love to see people use stuff like Come on Eileen, Time After Time, Everybody Wants To Rule The World (original and new are both good) and with our without you more. I know the last two have been used once or twice, but just this overall genre (BUT only short programs please, imo they aren't good longs!) . Not sure how I've just found this thread haha, seems cool.

hanyuufan5

Medalist
I was watching Yuzuru's 2017 WC FS and missed a gorgeous 4T because my :curse: cat wanted attention and decided that sinking her claws into my butt through the back of my chair was a reasonable way to get it. :laugh: It's adorable when she reaches up and grabs me to get attention, but I really wish she wouldn't do it with her claws out! Even worse is when she's sleeping in my bed with me and I wake up for some reason, then two seconds later, she's grabbing my cheeks or lips with her claws. ...but I'd rather she keep making me bleed than stop doing it altogether. :love:

Time to rewind to before that 4T!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
While we're on the topic of music, id love to see people use stuff like Come on Eileen, Time After Time, Everybody Wants To Rule The World (original and new are both good) and with our without you more. I know the last two have been used once or twice, but just this overall genre (BUT only short programs please, imo they aren't good longs!) . Not sure how I've just found this thread haha, seems cool.

Omg yes! I want Piper and Paul to skate to Come on Eileen. Though I feel like some can be good for longs.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

We need more Queen. Proper Queen, not trashy covers and NOT "Who Wants To Live Forever". My gawd, Queen recorded 188 songs (plus 15 they never finished) across fifteen albums but NO, it's ALWAYS a trashy cover of "Who Wants To Live Forever". MAH GAWD.

And Queen is tailor-made for the skating world. All those sparkles and rhinestones? Freddie would LOVE it.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just realised that my inability to set up my new satellite receiver (OK, so I've had it nearly a year, so it is hardly "new" any more!) means that I am going to miss the final days of my favourite music channel before it closes down on New Year's Eve. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Admittedly, the programme quality has deteriorated massively in recent years. But, after 25 years on air, it is still a real travesty to see what was an iconic channel go. But, it's a sign of the times. Music channels are closing down hand over fist because we can get everything on YouTube.

So, I have been looking for things to watch from back in the day so as to reminisce.

Every year from 1995 to 2011, the channel organised the Comet Awards. There is one performance from the 2009 Comets that stands out for me. But, I have posted links to that video so many times that you are probably getting fed up with it! :laugh:

So, for a change, here is my favourite German rock band performing at the 2007 Comet Awards:

LaFee - "Heul Doch"
  1. Longer video with the band being introduced and then leaving stage afterwards, but picture quality isn't great and audio is out of sync.
  2. Shorter video where the quality is perfect, but it is just the performance itself and the band are playing for a good while before the footage fades in.

And while I was there, I found a whole concert from them, which was also organised by the channel:

LaFee - "Erst Recht Mit "

How many music channels would be able to do things like these nowadays?! I don’t think any. Like, it is so long since I’ve seen a new Unplugged session that I wonder if MTV even does them any more!

Although the channel was great for German music, I do hope that they do like their (rubbish in comparison) British version and go out to this song from the Spice Girls:

" Forever"

CaroLiza_fan

I found a livestream!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

So far, I've seen a programme showing music from 1993 (the year launched), and am currently watching a programme where some of the former presenters (Jan Köppen, Mola Adebisi, Oliver Pocher and Collien Fernandes) are reminiscing. The programme is appropriately named "Viva Forever - Die Show".

Have to say, I'm getting very nostalgic.

#viva liebt dich

CaroLiza_fan

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
The confession of the day couldn't be different than being reflective about the year passing. I am foremost grateful for another year in this community full of people having the same interest, who gave me a lot of energy, courage, determination to DO things I've always dreamed of instead of just think about them. I am grateful for so many messages, interactions in person and well, three live competitions I attended (Milan Worlds in March, Nepela in September and YOLO IdF in November). For the first time in maaany years I am finishing year with a slight smile on my face and optimism, some kind of positive excitement about what I experienced in 2018 and what's more in store in 2019.

I am glad I became more decisive, intuitive, courageous, adventurous about not only FS, but life in general. I am glad I replaced a lot of negative, self-depreciating emotions, toxicity influencing me from surroundings with positivity, new people, new spaces, new challenges, focusing on what I CAN DO/CAN CHANGE.

I am grateful about an opportunity to give something hand-made & heart-infused to athletes I admire: Piper & Paul. Being able to experience their Vincent FD live in Grenoble was just special and a dream come true. It inspired me to go back to arts, to challenge myself with new projects, to invest time and resources in something I once loved and then forgot about it, how much joy it gives me.

Thanks to everyone I spoke this year in person, talked via GS Forum, via PMs, emails, Twitter, with whom I discussed figure skating and more, shared my adventures & project and for so much support I received, it meant and means A LOT.

Happy New Year 2019 - it can go only up&up! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPNTC7uZYrI

:hb::hb::hb:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think that "Welcome to the Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance would work for a competitive program (FP. Or FD if it follows the rules).

Oh, I loved MCR, and Black Parade is one of my favorites. It might be difficult to use for a competitive program, but it could make for an interesting and memorable Exhibition!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, I loved MCR, and Black Parade is one of my favorites. It might be difficult to use for a competitive program, but it could make for an interesting and memorable Exhibition!

I think with the right cuts, it could work for competition. But I understand why there could be concern cause of the speed.

hanyuufan5

Medalist
Even though I know full well that it is NOT the Japanese word for "mint", I still jump a little every time I see anything about the Minto Summer Skate. My translation senses go haywire and shout, "It's not proper form to write foreign loanwords with the strict Japanese spelling like that; they should just write Mint Summer Skate!" :laugh: