Random Confessions | Page 127 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
This crazy wind almost blew me over sideways. It was hilarious at the time but scary once I realized that if I didn't have heightened balance from saving jumps and such, it probably would have blown me into oncoming traffic. :shocked: I'm grateful to be alive and in one piece right now! :pray: I don't think I'd have been badly hurt, since it was very slow traffic and I probably could have thrown myself forward and avoided it anyway, but still, maybe I should carry a brick in my bag and wear flat shoes and ankle weights tomorrow. :laugh:

People in areas with wind advisories now, be careful around roads! That goes double for skinny people in heels with big bags on their shoulders (i.e. too top-heavy for this wind)!

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
skatedreamer,

There are lots of stories of people with instapots who haven't taken them out of the box because the instructions are so complicated and intimidating. Anyone who really wants one can probably pick up an new/used one cheap. That's if you really want to be confused and intimidated.

I'd say you made the right choice, provided you know how to use the new tools.

(I tried to reply with quote, but the site wouldn't let me. It is very wonky for me today).

- - - Updated - - -

Bless you, NanaPat! :luv17:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
The parcel with craft goodies arrived! I got it today from pick-up point, will post a link with photos later after unboxing:), be prepared for tissue paper extravaganza overflow!:laugh:

Also, I got another idea for a bouquet: I think about making my own ombre tissue paper, merging grey with red & then making an ombre bouquet inspired by Kaitlin and Jean-Luc :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I was looking through my news feed on Facebook the other day, and somebody in the public eye who I am a fan of put up a photo of herself getting presented with something or other. And as soon as I saw the photo I said to myself "you're pregnant".

I swear, she was doing ALL the classic things that women do when they are trying to disguise that they are in the family way. (Which kinda makes you think: why do they still bother doing these things? Because, rather than disguising it, doing them nowadays just gives it away).

And now I am thinking "would you hurry up and announce it! Because if I have worked it out, then no doubt other people will too. And these other people may not be as discreet as me!"

Don't worry, it's not anybody you guys would know.

CaroLiza_fan

OniBan

Final Flight
I've been on the receiving end of some pretty awful passive-aggressive behaviour from someone at work and I don't know how to deal with it =_=

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The first news channel that launched in the UK turns 30 today, and to mark it they have launched a behind-the-scenes channel, which is broadcasting from 7am to 5pm today.

It has been on air for 30 minutes now, and I just can't take my eyes off it! It is fascinating!

I had been planning on watching the Women's Super G from the Alpine Skiing World Championships live this morning, but I am seriously thinking of taping it and watching this instead!

CaroLiza_fan

Ducky

On the Ice
I’ve been watching Russian Doll on Netflix, and it’s hitting a little too close to home: I’m going to be turning 36, I’m single, my life is a mess and I don’t even have my own cat. I share a cat.

Anyway it’s a great show.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I saw my best friend for the first time in eight months today, she and I were at a faux jewelry store (she wanted to get some earrings). While she was being indecisive between like ten earrings (and decided to only take one, as she's prone to do) I saw this lovely barrette, it was gilded, studded with (fake) pearls, and was simple and elegant. The first thought I had was "If only I could fly to California to give it to squirtle", I felt that it would've looked lovely on her. I had an internal debate whether to buy it or not for the remainder of our stay in the store, I decided not to buy the thing in the end but I'm still not over it :drama: And my best friend was like "I'd like to be your squirtle, you'd buy me all these lovely earrings" :laugh:

Bill S

Rinkside
Country
United-States
I must confess that I microwave my morning yogurt before skating practice at 7:30 a.m.

I'd prefer a make hot breakfast when I'm chilly, but don't want to get up that early.

hanyuufan5

Medalist
Past a certain cup size, there is just no discreet and dignified way to publicly dislodge a large cookie crumb from one's bra. :eek::

To the person who asked a question I already knew the answer to at the beginning of today's meeting, you have my sincerest gratitude. It is thanks to you that I was able to flee to a deserted stairwell and did not have to sit there for an hour with half my snack down my shirt. :laugh:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I wish winter was over already. I need more sunlight...

I need less cold. Well, sunlight too, but it's getting better with everyday :) I like snow. I just don't get why nature couldn't make up snow in warmer temperatures...

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I've been on the receiving end of some pretty awful passive-aggressive behaviour from someone at work and I don't know how to deal with it =_=

Can you talk about it with someone else at work?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
This week has been an absolute waste and I'm so thankful I can just hide away for the next three days.

hanyuufan5

Medalist
I'm writing an email to my boss, and it's taking all my self-control not to write, "P.S. (REDACTED FOR A FEW DAYS) WON SILVER AT 4CC!!!" at the end.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm about to watch the RD for 4CC, and I was berating myself for sleeping through the alarm while the VPN was connecting. Then I remembered that I always need more sleep after pulling an all-nighter, which I did to watch the ladies' and men's short. And for a moment there I thought I should've been fired (I miraculously wasn't, as I found out on Thursday) so that I could've had a nap during the day and stayed up again. FS is turing me into a sloth :laugh: