Random Confessions

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
F-T-W: For the Win
W-T-F: What the Fudge

The one I always struggled with was SMH. Then I upped my Snapchat and Insta game and by using the “stickers” finally figured it out :laugh:

Oh My Goodness! :shocked: I thought using "fudge" as a substitute for the other word was something that was only done at my school!

Give me a sec until I look up "SMH", because I haven't come across that one before.

Top result: Sydney Morning Herald

You know, that's actually funny that that was the top result, because I was discussing newspapers this morning in another thread. And because I do everything in private browsing, and have restarted the computer a couple of times since then, it wouldn't have remembered that.

And you are probably shaking your head at this.

CaroLiza_fan

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^:laugh:

In regards to the British Isles quiz

Definitely not from around here are you? Your answers were closer to the average person outside of Ireland and Britain than anywhere inside it.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
^:laugh:

In regards to the British Isles quiz

Definitely not from around here are you? Your answers were closer to the average person outside of Ireland and Britain than anywhere inside it.

I always knew there was nobody else like you! You are one of a kind! :)

You know, after doing it myself, I got my parents to do it. And although they all followed the same basic pattern (Northern Ireland in very deep red, and a not-quite-as-deep-but-still-deep-enough area of red in Scotland), there were significant differences.

My deep red area on Ireland extended further than the area my parents got. I got all of Ulster as well as some neighbouring counties, whereas they just got Northern Ireland and Donegal.

The red area in Scotland that each of us got was where the biggest differences lay. Mine was centred around Glasgow; my Mum's was centred around Edinburgh; and my Dad's was a paler strip across the southern counties of Scotland, with the deepest part at Selkirk.

I don't know what led to the differences, because we are all from the same general area (my Mum and I are from the same town, while my Dad is from a village that is just 6 miles away).

Although, I do think the location of my Dad's area in Scotland can be easily explained. The reason it is nearer the border with England is probably because his mother was English. But for the differences between my Mum's area and mine, I haven't a clue!

CaroLiza_fan

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
I got the same result as Sam-Skwantch.

They have one of those for American accents, and it was spot-on for me. (Can't imagine it wouldn't have been. My accent is thick enough to cut with a knife. :laugh:)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
In all the years that I have been watching ski sports (for the most part Ski Jumping and Nordic Combined, but in the past few Olympic cycles adding Alpine, Biathlon and Cross-Country), it is only this season that it finally twigged with me that the colours of the bibs in the team competitions follow the same sequence as the Fastext buttons on your TV remote control:

1. Red
  2. Green
  3. Yellow
  4. Blue

Mind blowing stuff! :agree:

But then it started me wondering why the sequence is of these colours in this order. Because, the colour spectrum goes like this:

1. Red
  2. Orange
  3. Yellow
  4. Green
  5. Blue
  6. Indigo
  7. Violet

I can understand orange being left out of the sequence in the Fastext buttons / bibs, because it could be easily confused with either red or yellow depending on the lighting.

But, why have yellow and green been switched around? :confused:

This latter point has been bugging me for years with regards the Fastext buttons. And now that I have realised that it is the same sequence in the team competition bibs, it is bugging me even more!

CaroLiza_fan

Ducky

On the Ice
Red and Green/ Blue and Yellow are contrasting colors and stand out against each other. That’s probably why.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Red and Green/ Blue and Yellow are contrasting colors and stand out against each other. That’s probably why.

Good point. Red does contrast well with Green, while Yellow does contrast well with Blue.

But, Green and Yellow are still beside each other. And if it is a pale green, it could get mixed up with the yellow.

My goodness, I'm thinking about this far too much! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
I'll probably delete this because I'm super-super private, but...

...my eyes are very nearly the exact same color as one of the characters from Yuri on Ice, and I say the word "quad" with a really thick accent. :laugh:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
A mountain of ironing is looking at me. I don't want to do it.

I come from a family of confirmed anti-ironers: I freely admit that when I'm shopping for clothes, the second question is "do I like it?" because the first is always, always "will I have to iron it?" I have not a single item of clothing where the answer is yes.

Ducky

On the Ice
A mountain of ironing is looking at me. I don't want to do it.

Can you just leave it hanging in the bathroom with the shower running on REALLY HOT for, like, 10 minutes or so to steam out the wrinkles? That’s what I do with dresses I need to wear for work but haven’t bothered to iron.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
A skating club I follow on Facebook has posted some photos about how one of their skaters got on at a competition this week. And one of the photos was a screenshot from a page on Golden Skate... :eek:

So, we should probably keep this in mind when writing on here.

CaroLiza_fan

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Searching for a new job. Repeating things for interviews. Gosh, I feel rusty after 4,5 yrs in one place... But I need this change and I have to drive it myself, own it and be more confident about my experience, knowledge & expertise.