Random Confessions | Page 134 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Gratulacje Beatrice :yahoo: The people at your new job are lucky to have you :luv17:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Just a random thing I'm saying now that some alcohol's in my system: ancientpeas gave the name Beatrice to her, but I'm giving a GS name to myself. Well, kinda.

See, when I was first thinking for a username I did Chatdelune, as in French for cat of the moon. It wasn't available, so I just added an I in front. That I is English. And people shorten my username to Ichat. Which is read as 'I-sha' (I'm too tired to type the IPA). So ta-da, Aisha.

My English name is Sarah, but I can't do that since there are too many Sarahs :laugh:, so here it is. Just sayin'.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a random thing I'm saying now that some alcohol's in my system: ancientpeas gave the name Beatrice to her, but I'm giving a GS name to myself. Well, kinda.

See, when I was first thinking for a username I did Chatdelune, as in French for cat of the moon. It wasn't available, so I just added an I in front. That I is English. And people shorten my username to Ichat. Which is read as 'I-sha' (I'm too tired to type the IPA). So ta-da, Aisha.

My English name is Sarah, but I can't do that since there are too many Sarahs :laugh:, so here it is. Just sayin'.

Hello Aisha! :) Welcome to Golden Skate! :p

This is weird. Because now every time I see a post from you, this is who I am going to think of:

Aisha Campbell (RW Bio; HW Bio)

Needless to say, that was the first time I came across the name "Aisha".

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I was looking through my news feed on Facebook the other day, and somebody in the public eye who I am a fan of put up a photo of herself getting presented with something or other. And as soon as I saw the photo I said to myself "you're pregnant".

I swear, she was doing ALL the classic things that women do when they are trying to disguise that they are in the family way. (Which kinda makes you think: why do they still bother doing these things? Because, rather than disguising it, doing them nowadays just gives it away).

And now I am thinking "would you hurry up and announce it! Because if I have worked it out, then no doubt other people will too. And these other people may not be as discreet as me!"

Don't worry, it's not anybody you guys would know.

CaroLiza_fan

Six weeks later, and she's finally announced it.

And I can now confess that I lied at the end. It is somebody you all know.

Here is the announcement post:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217840465861816&set=a.4389988546362&type=3&theater

This is the photo I was referring to in my previous post:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217486949304123&set=t.1187818074&type=3&theater

Incidentally, is it just me or is this seemingly funny post from the end of January a very cryptic announcement:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217433400285431&set=t.1187818074&type=3&theater

CaroLiza_fan

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
That’s lovely! As for why she didn’t say you can’t say for 12 weeks in case of complications.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That’s lovely! As for why she didn’t say you can’t say for 12 weeks in case of complications.

Don't worry, I may be a guy but I do realise that the first few months of pregnancy carry risks, and it is best to keep it private.

I was just saying that I find it amusing the things that most women do to try to disguise being pregnant during this time. Because a lot of these things have the exact opposite effect to what was intended - they make it even more obvious!

That said, there are some women who do manage to disguise it brilliantly. And that is a real art! :bow:

CaroLiza_fan

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Ohhhhh, it was Ekaterina Bobrova! Congratulations, Ekaterina!

https://todiscoverrussia.com/superstitions-of-pregnant-women-in-russia/

That should explain things. I think half of Russian women would deny they're pregnant until after the baby was born if the belly didn't make it obvious. :laugh: Unless things have changed dramatically since a few decades ago, they also don't buy baby stuff until after the birth or have baby showers.

Urgh, there's a random confession for you: I really, really, really hope that no one ever invites me to a baby shower. Every strand of Russian DNA in my body will be screaming, "NOOOOOOO, YOU'RE GOING TO JINX THE BABY!"

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Last Thursday I broke down crying after some devastating news, it was related to my 9 years+ of being a fan and I still hurt over it. People who've never actively been a fan of someone/something don't get how one can be so upset about people that you don't actually know in real life, I've given up trying to explain that while I might not be part of their lives, they are part of mine. Losing that part of your life, one that has been very, very dear to you, feels like losing a limb. Hell, I actually lost function of my left leg for a whole (bleep)ing week, so in a way I did. I swallowed my sobs to go to work and avoided thinking about the whole thing afterwards, am actively avoiding it still, because I couldn't afford another mental breakdown. I have had too many last year, I'm finally showing some visible progress and I want to keep it that way. And now with additional stress from my skating fan life, well, I just want to become a chair or a rock or anything that doesn't have consciousness nor feelings. I desperately don't want to regress, what the (bleep) do I do

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I think watching videos on the Russian website are causing my computer to get infected with weird ads... and I have an adblocker. :slink:

hanyuufan5

Medalist
Aisha, I don't know what you're referring to, but anyone would be upset to hear devastating news about someone they've been a fan of that long.

What you can do is pray, and have hope that you can get through this. And I think pretty much everyone here understands about being a fan. :biggrin:

hanyuufan5

Medalist
Ugh... the little kids around here sure like to shriek their heads off. When I first heard it, I freaked out and might have even called the police, I can't remember. But then it kept happening. They shriek like they're being torn limb from limb, but they do it so darn often that it's gotten to the point where I just ignore it (and the palpitations it gives me).

I just pray that if someday, one of them really is in trouble, anyone will be able to tell. I don't understand why the parents don't realize how dangerous it is to let them scream like that!

...Actually, I don't understand why they even do it in the first place. My friends and I never screamed! Shouted, sure, but actual words, not what sounds like screeches of anguish or fright!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just ordered a taco pizza with Jalapeño and Sour cream for delivery and I couldn’t stop my self from throwing in a side order of Tator Tots. :devil:

I predict a food coma is in my future!!

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just ordered a taco pizza with Jalapeño and Sour cream for delivery and I couldn’t stop my self from throwing in a side order of Tator Tots. :devil:

I predict a food coma is in my future!!

Frozen tator tots are my husband and mine new treat. It goes great with soup. :laugh:

reneerose

Final Flight
I hope I do this right....the new renter's kids next door are still running round their townhome like rabbits and it's a work night....I don't know if they ever sleep.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ohhhhh, it was Ekaterina Bobrova! Congratulations, Ekaterina!

https://todiscoverrussia.com/superstitions-of-pregnant-women-in-russia/

That should explain things. I think half of Russian women would deny they're pregnant until after the baby was born if the belly didn't make it obvious. :laugh: Unless things have changed dramatically since a few decades ago, they also don't buy baby stuff until after the birth or have baby showers.

Urgh, there's a random confession for you: I really, really, really hope that no one ever invites me to a baby shower. Every strand of Russian DNA in my body will be screaming, "NOOOOOOO, YOU'RE GOING TO JINX THE BABY!"

What an interesting article! Thank you so much for sharing it!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

This is what I love about being a member of an international forum. Learning about the culture and customs of different countries.

Although, to be honest, I agree with most of them!

I'm not one for parties anyway, but if I were female, I would definitely be like you if I was invited to a baby shower.

Anyway, I just logged into Facebook, and the first thing I saw was a pregnancy announcement from another skater. But, the privacy is set to "friends", so I don't think it is for general consumption just yet (that said, it has had over 300 replies and over 1,000 "likes" :p ).

And amongst all those replies, I spotted a comment from a third skater saying "us too!" And having a quick look through her profile, I can't find an announcement. :drama:

There must be something in the (frozen) water at the moment!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, so I just checked out the Instagram for the skater whose announcement I saw this morning, and it's up there publically. So, no need to worry about privacy any more.

This one is particularly exciting for us skating fans in Northern Ireland:

Jenna McCorkell and Kevin van der Perren

With Jenna and Kevin's genes, if this kid pursues figure skating, they are going to be a star! :agree:

Same really with the other set of parents I referred to. Turns out that the reason I couldn't find an announcement was that it was revealed way back on Christmas Day, when we were preoccupied with National Championships!

Stefania Berton and Rockne Brubaker

So, with Ekaterina Bobrova and Andrei Deputat, that is three sets of skaters that are going to be parents.

Congratulations to all of the parents-to-be!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

CaroLiza_fan

OniBan

Final Flight
I was just thinking about Bobrova the other day (strangely after reading Medvedeva news..because they are friends) and was wondering why isn't she around..? And wow! Happy news all around.

My confession for the day: my job today is to help man a booth for a corporate function, which usually just consist of sitting around a lot and passing flyers or info cards to people. So I thought I'd wear my cool fancy boots which look really nice (but kinda hurt if I walk too much in it), since I won't be walking much.
And as it turned out - of course I ended up having to walk around a lot because the universe doesn't give you gorgeous shoes that hurt unless you walk a mile in it :palmf: