Random Confessions | Page 139 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I learned to jump with a hula hoop way before I could jump rope! Maybe I felt more in control of the hula hoop than the rope?

Now the hula hoop had me flummoxed! !! My sister, on the other hand, was an expert in 2 seconds.. but she could not jump rope to save her life.. how strange.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Beatrice, as someone who has been in that woman's place more times than I care to remember, thank you for not joining in on that garbage.

And it's nothing to beat yourself up about at all, or for anyone else to beat her up about. It just is.

I'm glad you're leaving and won't have to be in that environment. Hopefully she'll get out fast, too. :disapp:

Believe me, I am happy too to change environment:), I grew up from childish/petty and superficial mentality already and looking at some of my superiors in particular makes me cringe.

As for the 'garbage'...I got quite at peace with how I look, that I inherited potato genes from my father's side (both my sisters being into mom's family, lean and proportioned) and that's what it is. I have my weaker moments, I happen to blame my looks for any bad things happening to me, but I got to understand that the way I think about myself could determined what others will think/how they will see me. If a woman is beautiful/attractive - good for her, other can see her also different as 'beauty' or 'attractiveness' are in the eye of beholder. But to throwing vile 'looks' and gossiping on her looks, making some assumptions is beyond me - I always preach that I come to work for WORKING and certain looks are not required in what I am doing, so people should hold me on how I work/what my performance is. But I guess it is no universal approach;)

^^^ several decades older than you; speaking from experience, I can say this is a tempest in a teapot. Your new, attractIve colleague may not be the same 10 years from now. Beauty can be a curse as well as a blessing especially if those blessed are possessed of a sensitive kind nature and are made to suffer due to to the enmity of others. Try getting to know her if she appears to have a kind sensitive side... you may acquire a life-long friend. Ignore the negativity. You may see yourself wanting but time can work wonders for the the better... I think you will find as you move through life your self perception will improve especially with right-thinking, healthy life style and an eye to living with joy and wonder, as you seem to be doing now... relax, breathe deep, contemplate, and love; the rest will take care if itself, my friend.

:ghug:, we really do not know what is behind that pretty façade we consider as 'beautiful' or 'attractive' and to assume that she has everything given on a silver plate is reaching beyond others' capacity. If I don't know someone, I try to avoid assuming anything (especially if a person had no chance to speak). I am in training group, so I will have a chance to work with her and other new people, we will see:). And I really try to get better with myself, today I bought France GP tickets and I am smiling involuntarily. I just know what things to focus on, what brings actual joy in my life now, how I want to improve myself, focusing on others, beating myself over others' looks seems to be no longer in my scope that much. And I am happy about it:)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We used to use old clothes line... Double-Dutch was a huge challenge which I am proud to say I mastered at age 6... will post if it goes well. ..:biggrin:

Good for you! I was the complete opposite, hated jump rope, really hated Double Dutch...

I was a “permanent ender”:laugh: and I haven’t thought of that term in well over 50 years;)

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
:ghug:, we really do not know what is behind that pretty façade we consider as 'beautiful' or 'attractive' and to assume that she has everything given on a silver plate is reaching beyond others' capacity.

Ohhhhh, that brings me back to the closest I ever got to cursing someone out. :laugh: It's definitely beyond others' capacity, but that sure doesn't stop them from assuming that pretty women lead charmed lives and saying so right to their faces! Yes, Presumptuous Former Classmate, my eyes may be pretty, but my vision would disqualify me from driving in a lot of countries... including Japan, where I'm considering moving someday. :palmf:

Congratulations on the GP France tickets! Have fun, and may all your favorites be assigned there!

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I sent Karina Manta's essay on love to a friend who is also named Karina out of pure coincidence. (also sent her M/J's nationals FD)

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Re: beautiful women treated terribly by other women - I know that's what happens most of the time, but I have two examples from high school that kinda don't fit the mold, just wanted to share.

Context: I went to a boarding school with about 450 students a year as a whole (freshmen+juniors+seniors), it's one of the most closed societies ever. You get to know like 80% of what happened even if you happen to be like me (somewhere between socially awkward and unintentionally antisocial), and gossip travels fast.

- There was an abnormal number of pretty girls in my graduating class, really, you could list off at least 10 who were almost universally agreed to be good-looking. None of them had whispered bad words behind their backs or shady glances thrown at them, at least not because of their looks (for instance, one girl got complaints that she was messy, which she objectively was) among us (the girls of our graduating class). One girl got bad word of mouth from the upperclassmen girls, but that kinda had to do more with her entanglement with a known upperclassman playboy than her having doe-brown eyes, great hair, and fair skin. My best friend's and my speculation was that because you couldn't because avoid being friends with all the pretty girls, even if you wanted to be 'jealous' about one of them you kinda couldn't do it out loud. Come to think of it, the boys were way more often bad-mouthing the pretty girls for reasons I don't want to think about.

- Our direct upperclassmen (as in, the kids that graduated the year before we did) had an official 'most beautiful' girl, and she truly was beautiful. Seriously, she looked good at 6 am, yawning, with bags under her eyes. On top of that, she did know she was beautiful (and so did not annoy everyone by saying 'nah' to every compliment) but never flaunted it. As a result, nobody kinda dared to be 'jealous' of her, she was untouchable in that direction. The nice-looking girls of that class did have some issues (one infamous case even got the attention of a teacher), but never her. Her only boyfriend during her high school years got a lot of flack for being, um, unflattering in the looks department, I recall.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
We have a Mother's Day in Poland today, so happy Mother's Day to all mothers! :hap10:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When my mom first heard of Elton John, she thought he was "John Elton," & referred to him that way! :rofl:

Maagii

Rinkside
When my mom first heard of Elton John, she thought he was "John Elton," & referred to him that way! :rofl:
LMAO that actually reminds me of a comedy segment Roman Atkinson did with Elton John many years back, where Roman depicts an interviewer who tries to convince Elton John to change his stage name into John Elton. Apparently, as he explains, "Elton is not a Christian name at all and it is a surname".

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I was on the internet with a Youtube mix playing as background music, and when Vincent came out I just had to go and rewatch that stellar Starry, Starry Night FD again. I hadn't watched it for a while so I thought the effect would've dulled, nope still sent shivers down my spine and (sniff) where are the tissues

On a related note, before she left my cousin Diana told me to come and visit her and her now fiance in Vancouver, and by just hearing the word 'Vancouver' the Queen's coronation FS started autoplaying in my head. Some associations never die, do they?

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
My cat will not touch tuna, chicken, or any other meat meant for humans. He also will only eat dry cat food, he won't touch the wet stuff.

He does, however, like pizza, cheese crackers, and toasted seaweed. :eek:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Feeling proud of myself for quite ridiculous reason - I tend to scratch/touch my face too much when I have pimples, making things worse and I had quite big few pimples and did not touch them:laugh:. Small victories!

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
^^^That is a large victory indeed!!I can still hear my Mom saying to me years ago: "keep your hands away from your face, except for hygiene... there are 7 openings there where germs have direct access to internal organs.. safe than sorry". Sounds like an ancient remedy, doesn't it?! :drama:

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Double post... sorry..:slink:
But gonna do it anyway..
I have adopted a little dog (new addition to an already burgeoning menagerie) whose care is a huge challenge in that he is incontinent due to severe injury .. it sounds worse than it is actually.
I have named him Poe (after Poe Dameron from Star Wars because he has the same spirit); luckily he is a small dog, a mutt, similar to a Podengo. .. no one knows really what happened to him but he was probably hit by a car while living as a stray. He has lost his right eye and his hips and back legs move strangely - he runs on three legs mostly, putting the fourth down for balance occasionally, but the damage to his back end left him with little feeling there so he cannot tell when he has to "go" until it happens hence he has no sense of timing to use the pet exit, etc.) I have arranged a private area in the house for him enclosed by a gate with a large piece of linoleum on the floor covered with newspapers and a double layer of pads which I clean as needed throughout the day, and sometimes at night. He spends alot of time outdoors in the large fenced in dog area at the back of the house and he is leash-walked in bad weather. His joy in his new life is palpable: he sleeps deep, eats and drinks with gusto and runs after birds in the yard... he barks like a fox!!
Will post a picture soon....

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
^^^That is a large victory indeed!!I can still hear my Mom saying to me years ago: "keep your hands away from your face, except for hygiene... there are 7 openings there where germs have direct access to internal organs.. safe than sorry". Sounds like an ancient remedy, doesn't it?! :drama:

I try to swat my hands and scold myself everytime my hands wander to my face, because I know that I make my acne worse that way...And your mom is totally right by saying this! Thank God I ordered some more things for flowers crafts and will have my hands occupied!:)

And you have a heart of animal angel elbkup! I am a dog person and my heart breaks seeing harmed dogs...:(

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So I got the new skipping rope and finally got around to trying it out a couple of days ago.

And I've pulled some abdominal muscles :( So now it hurts to go from sitting to standing and just generally bending over.

Talk about embarrassing, I'm a sporting disaster. :laugh:

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
So I got the new skipping rope and finally got around to trying it out a couple of days ago.

And I've pulled some abdominal muscles :( So now it hurts to go from sitting to standing and just generally bending over.

Talk about embarrassing, I'm a sporting disaster. :laugh:

Oh No!! How ?? !! did THAT happen?! :scratch2:
I tried it ... must say it comes back pretty well except I was out of breath after a few minutes... will continue but hope I don't have a heart attack!! :biggrin: if I stop posting on GS send over the paramedics!!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh No!! How ?? !! did THAT happen?! :scratch2:

I have no idea! I think I had the wrong posture while jumping, or perhaps my core strength is just that lacking.

I tried it ... must say it comes back pretty well except I was out of breath after a few minutes... will continue but hope I don't have a heart attack!! :biggrin: if I stop posting on GS send over the paramedics!!

:laugh: It does leave you out of breath quite quickly, I must say! I got up to twenty jumps before I was too puffed to continue for a like a minute.

Stay safe!

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
I have no idea! I think I had the wrong posture while jumping, or perhaps my core strength is just that lacking.

:laugh: It does leave you out of breath quite quickly, I must say! I got up to twenty jumps before I was too puffed to continue for a like a minute.

Stay safe!

:biggrin: Thanks!!