Random Confessions | Page 154 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
As now packing last bits to leave for airport, here are some photos of gifts I managed to prepare for Internationaux de France this year. I planned to do much more, but I discovered that I can only do as much with so little free time, especially when each flower is crafted by hand. Now you will know what to expect to see on the stream :) :) :)
https://twitter.com/NoNameFace10/status/1189834327988883456?s=19

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It being Hallowe'en night here (not that we take it very seriously but oh the media and stores want us to!) they are playing spooky music and horror soundtracks on the radio all night, and the evil twin inside my brain keeps going "someone should skate to this", "someone should skate to this", "someone should REALLY skate to this"....

I do hope I don't follow Ichatdelune's example and dream weird skating dreams tonight... 'cause mine will be on blood-covered ice.

Ducky

On the Ice
Just saw Parasite a few days ago and Pain & Glory too. I like foreign films so many times end up going by myself, since people have told me they don't like going to the movies and reading a movie! :drama: Or the films I like are too depressing or violent.

Come discuss in the movies thread! Normally I'm fine with seeing movies by myself because I generally go see foreign or indie films that no one else has heard of so end up with a lot of "hey do you want to go see Synonyms, it's playing at Quad Cinema and got a great review in the Times' and getting a lot of blank stares.

I'm kind of really excited because a bar/cafe in my neighborhood is hosting a critic panel discussion this Sunday and my favorite film critic -- AO Scott -- is going to be there.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
If I never eat spaghetti and meat sauce in my probably irreplaceable, handmade Russian dress again, it will be too soon. :laugh: #halloweenproblems

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So... Today is the last day I'm going to see my crush. And after a serious discussion with my best friend Nicole I also arrived at the conclusion that confessing would be a stupid idea, so I'm just saying it here and getting it off my chest:

Hey H, I'm the girl you'd see at your part-time job. See, I had a crush on you and it's a pity that I never got the chance to meet you in private. Have a great time in Spain.

Flutzel

Rinkside
I hope you have more luck with your next crush, Ichatdelune! At least there's a bit of an end point in it for you with him going away, although that might not seem like a great thing yet.

My confession is that I absolutely cannot finish a whole watch of the Hubbel/Donohue short program "My Heart Belongs to Daddy". That post-Freudian disasterpiece of a song would be creepy for a singles skater, but it is possibly the most uncomfortable thing you could give to a pair of skaters to perform together (and yes, I know conceptually he's supposed to be the other man, not daddy, but that doesn't save it). :dbana:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Whew, made it through yesterday. My church choir sang at the funeral of a much-loved pastor of ours who passed away. The church was packed with around 700 people. It's pretty hard to sing when you feel that emotional. I think we all realized we had to pull an Elton John and just get through it. It was an honor and a privilege to participate, but I am glad it's over. It was a beautiful send off for a beautiful man.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As now packing last bits to leave for airport, here are some photos of gifts I managed to prepare for Internationaux de France this year. I planned to do much more, but I discovered that I can only do as much with so little free time, especially when each flower is crafted by hand. Now you will know what to expect to see on the stream :) :) :)
https://twitter.com/NoNameFace10/status/1189834327988883456?s=19

Hope you had a wonderful time NNF. Thank you for your kindness towards our Tomoki. He's a really special guy and needs encouragement right now. As always, the gifts you prepared are sweet and thoughtful!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Hope you had a wonderful time NNF. Thank you for your kindness towards our Tomoki. He's a really special guy and needs encouragement right now. As always, the gifts you prepared are sweet and thoughtful!

I had, truly, the best time possible :). And Tomoki is a special young man, indeed - his SP was far from perfect execution-wise, yet it still carried a great dose of energy; the free was FANTASTIC in my opinion, he is so vibrant live! And I was happy he managed to end this competition on a high, positive note :). I was excited to be able to come up with this Pokemon-themed gift for him - Pikachu crown was a tad too big, but I hope it will bring him a nice memory of IdF along with card:). I was over the moon he wore it for a sec after scores were announced :). It is always a joy for me to see skaters enjoying these crafts - which makes such a great memory to have for me, to see Charlene putting a crown for a moment in KnC, to see Alena's little smile while seeing Angel crown & card, Tomoki fooling with Pikachu flower crown, Madison wearing her crown proudly & letting me put it on her beautiful head, Mae-Berenice coming for me to the boards & getting rainbow crown & bling card... These are my treasured moments that fuel me to improve my crafts & bring more joy to skaters to each competition I am going as a form of 'thank you' fir what they do :)

DenissVFan

Medalist
@NNF, I caught a glimpse of your card for Alena in a video of her performance. It was really pretty. I admire your dedication and attention to detail ;) I'm probably too impatient for arts and crafts.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I had, truly, the best time possible :). And Tomoki is a special young man, indeed - his SP was far from perfect execution-wise, yet it still carried a great dose of energy; the free was FANTASTIC in my opinion, he is so vibrant live! And I was happy he managed to end this competition on a high, positive note :). I was excited to be able to come up with this Pokemon-themed gift for him - Pikachu crown was a tad too big, but I hope it will bring him a nice memory of IdF along with card:). I was over the moon he wore it for a sec after scores were announced :). It is always a joy for me to see skaters enjoying these crafts - which makes such a great memory to have for me, to see Charlene putting a crown for a moment in KnC, to see Alena's little smile while seeing Angel crown & card, Tomoki fooling with Pikachu flower crown, Madison wearing her crown proudly & letting me put it on her beautiful head, Mae-Berenice coming for me to the boards & getting rainbow crown & bling card... These are my treasured moments that fuel me to improve my crafts & bring more joy to skaters to each competition I am going as a form of 'thank you' fir what they do :)

Such wonderful memories! I'm so happy for you! I'm sure the skaters really appreciate your thoughtful gifts. So far, I feel like I prefer Tomoki's programs from last year, but I think this year's are very promising too. It seems he needs to get a little more mileage on them...Here he is the last time I met him. I usually tease him that we're neighbors, because his family lives nearby. Here he is in the lobby during a break at 4CC last February. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6a/ae/a8/6aaea8e6aae0b66087a6a26294138538.jpg

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Confession: I feigned being sick just to get off work and watch CoC in peace.

Well, I wasn't 100% healthy (a slight cold and a sore throat), but my coughs were half real and half dragged out for dramatic effect. Since I'm going to take off 2 weeks in December for a family trip to Bella Italia (scheduled so that I'll be back in Korea just in time for (J)GPF ;)) the only leave I could use without some awkward discussions with the manager was sick leave, and I did really need a break from work. I've had my fair share of burnouts already, thank you very much. I'll come back next week with a healed throat, more enthusiasm, and a free conscience :biggrin:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Confession: I feigned being sick just to get off work and watch CoC in peace.

Well, I wasn't 100% healthy (a slight cold and a sore throat), but my coughs were half real and half dragged out for dramatic effect. Since I'm going to take off 2 weeks in December for a family trip to Bella Italia (scheduled so that I'll be back in Korea just in time for (J)GPF ;)) the only leave I could use without some awkward discussions with the manager was sick leave, and I did really need a break from work. I've had my fair share of burnouts already, thank you very much. I'll come back next week with a healed throat, more enthusiasm, and a free conscience :biggrin:

You could go all Georgette Heyer and call it a putrid sore throat :sad14:

I have considered more than once trying a claim of "can't come in today, my dysania's acting up" and seeing if anyone bothers looking it up (it's the state of finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning) :bed:

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
I walked past a police dog with a just-bought Chick-Fil-A sandwich in my purse, and the dog sniffed toward it very slightly. I was 30% scared, 70% hoping they'd search my bag and we'd all have a good laugh that it was just a sammich and I'd get to pet the dog. :laugh:

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
I walked past a police dog with a just-bought Chick-Fil-A sandwich in my purse, and the dog sniffed toward it very slightly. I was 30% scared, 70% hoping they'd search my bag and we'd all have a good laugh that it was just a sammich and I'd get to pet the dog. [emoji23]
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Erin - my bestest best friend - came with me to Skate America even though she's not a fan of skating (she watches for the crashes...) and I think I got her hooked. She's already asking when the next skating event I'm going to is (so far Nashville looks like the next one)... I'm kinda scared that I've created a monster. She watched the coverage on NBC today... she rarely ever watches it except during the olympics! :eek:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Erin - my bestest best friend - came with me to Skate America even though she's not a fan of skating (she watches for the crashes...) and I think I got her hooked. She's already asking when the next skating event I'm going to is (so far Nashville looks like the next one)... I'm kinda scared that I've created a monster. She watched the coverage on NBC today... she rarely ever watches it except during the olympics! :eek:

Congratulations on adding another one to our ranks :gclap:

I tried to lure my best friend Nicole into the world of figure skating a couple of times now, all failed. She doesn't get singles ("Was that good? I guess that was good since they're clapping") and the most curiosity she shows is with the lifts in ID (but not in pairs for some reason), the only time she seemed to be really interested was when I showed her Piper and Paul's Vincent. But then she wasn't impressed with the other programs I showed her, maybe I shouldn't have tried the initiation with such a masterpiece

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Congratulations on adding another one to our ranks :gclap:

I tried to lure my best friend Nicole into the world of figure skating a couple of times now, all failed. She doesn't get singles ("Was that good? I guess that was good since they're clapping") and the most curiosity she shows is with the lifts in ID (but not in pairs for some reason), the only time she seemed to be really interested was when I showed her Piper and Paul's Vincent. But then she wasn't impressed with the other programs I showed her, maybe I shouldn't have tried the initiation with such a masterpiece

Erin's up for adventure... plus she was the one who RAN DOWN Keegan in the hotel at Skate America to ask if she could force me to stop being shy and get a pic with him (he was sooooo gracious considering how insane we were being)... it was a fun weekend so I think it was just the perfect introduction. She's already talking going with me to Nashville for Nationals in 2021.