Random Confessions | Page 157 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Stay safe karne, I send my wishes for rain to fall down yonder.

Niamh, I remember that story was one of the first conversations I had with you after I actually created an account and stopped lurking. That's how the fact you're supposed to pronounce Niamh 'neev' got stuck in my brain.

I don't really think my former-ish crush will stay with me that long, I had never got to know him outside of work and I only knew him for about 4-5 months anyway. I just have to not go to the Iberian peninsula for the following year, which isn't difficult to do. I have no idea why my subconsciousness decided to feature him in a dream anyway :confused:

Awww. That's so sweet that you remember the story.

I'm sure you will be happy in the long run.

My confession is that I have had a couple of upsets the past few couple of days.

Yesterday, I was catching up on a TV programme that was on a few weeks ago, and a guy I was friends with on my Uni course was on it. He isn't on Facebook, so I haven't heard anything about him since we finished Uni. But, judging by what I saw on the programme, he is doing very well in the line of work we trained in. And seeing him in what should also be my natural environment just reinforced how much I miss it.

Then tonight I found out that the girl I am crazy about in real life has deleted her Facebook account and created a new one. But she hasn't added me to her new account. And finding this out has just crushed me.

To be honest, I did suspect that all was not well between us because she hasn't replied to my messages for most of this year. But, I was hoping that she was just busy and that there wasn't anything more to it. But, evidently there is.

Great way to start Christmas week, eh?

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Indeed the sky is positively apocalyptic in Sydney, it's 3pm and I've had to turn the lights on!

In other news I can't find the "You know you're a figure skating fan when..." thread. But you know you're one when you're watching the highlights of the GPF, but still cheer "come on!" when a skater messes up despite knowing the result. (Poor Dima!)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Random confession: I just watched the Shirley Temple version of "Heidi". Haven't seen it in YEARS. I think I got inspired (and extremely nostalgic) when I found my mom's copy of the book that was inscribed in my grandmother's handwriting "Christmas, 1937 -- To (X), Love from Mother and Daddy". The pages may be worn and tattered, but I can picture my mom reading this book and enjoying it.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
In the middle of Christmas preparations chaos, I want to wish everyone peaceful, joyful, cosy holiday season, full of warmth, festive, unhurried atmosphere. I wish for us all to find time to stop and be grateful for little things that bring us joy, that bring us together. To see past our scares & sad moments to find a bit of enjoyment. Sharing with you some bits & bops from our Christmas: poppy seed/hazelnut roulades, barszcz, yeast dough with mashed potatoes, onion & hurley beans thing, buttery cookies, compote from dried fruits, Christmas Tree :ghug:

https://twitter.com/NoNameFace10/status/1209458658033197056?s=19

https://twitter.com/NoNameFace10/status/1209217876525228035?s=19

https://twitter.com/NoNameFace10/status/1209122224692744195?s=19

https://twitter.com/NoNameFace10/status/1209121877291143168?s=19

https://twitter.com/NoNameFace10/status/1208869335625805825?s=19

https://twitter.com/NoNameFace10/status/1208762177483657216?s=19

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm juggling three jobs (and with the holidays rescheduling is needed), have RusNats to watch, yet I'm attempting two squirtles (one angelic squirtle (dress needed :dance2: ) and one Sabrina squirtle), two white tigers (one Tango tiger and one The Fire Within tiger), and an extra sparkly white jacket bear :drama: Why am I convinced that I can make different ones for 4CC, I have no words except that love makes you brave and kinda stupid

Holidays sucks when you don't have that luxury. Sitting behind my desk in my office on Christmas day which of course has no meaning for me. Just wanted to send an email to the high performance computing staff about disk quota on my home directory. Though I started the email by apologizing for sending an email on Christmas day, it still sounded so nasty to email people about work when they are on vacation next to their families. Guess wait till tomorrow at least.

auser

Record Breaker
I've almost forgotten what the blue sky is.

And I wish it was because it was raining.
So sorry about the fires and smoke(what I call dreaded smoky fire weather). Hope you and other Aussie GSers will be able to stay safe and well :ghug:.

auser

Record Breaker
Indeed the sky is positively apocalyptic in Sydney, it's 3pm and I've had to turn the lights on!

In other news I can't find the "You know you're a figure skating fan when..." thread. But you know you're one when you're watching the highlights of the GPF, but still cheer "come on!" when a skater messes up despite knowing the result. (Poor Dima!)
Gah, when sunset usually isn't 'till around 8pm?! Wish I could send you some of our much appreciated rain(why rain on Xmas makes me smile not frown). Best wishes for staying safe and healthy through the New Year.:ghug:
:agree: about signs of figure skating fanship(not properly a word but should be) :laugh:.

DenissVFan

Medalist

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It took about four days and uninteruted 5 hours of work, but (sigh) one Somewhere in Time Squirtle finished. I'm never attempting such a stupid thing as trying to replicate a Lisa McKinnon dress again https://twitter.com/IChatdeLune17/status/1210988328289353728?s=19

Oh wow, it looks amazing and so cute!

I made a Plushy plush... With the costume in my icon, but the gold from Torino (I love that donut medal!). This year I bought a Santa theme bottle holder, which came with a tiny Santa hat so I put it on his head :laugh:

Here he is .

My confession, despite the Picasso like nature of his face, I'm still proud I made him with my own two hands. :p

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yesterday, I finally watched a film that I have wanted to see for donkey's years.

I was really looking forward to watching it, mainly because it has an absolutely brilliant soundtrack recorded by my favourite band of all time. And I knew that there were some really great actors in it.

And my verdict?

It is the worst film I have ever watched! :eek:

The story was awful. The acting was awful. The visual effects were awful. The music was the only good thing about it! :drama:

The guy playing the title character just can't act. And the leading lady wasn't much better. Now I know why I had never heard tell of either of them. The great actors that I was talking about were wasted in their roles. Why they agreed to get involved with it I will never understand!

Mind you, I did discover a really cute Italian actress - Ornella Muti. :love:

(Yes, I know she is not 25 any more. But, seeing her now as a 64 year old, she has aged very well. Sophia Loren isn't the only glamorous Italian Nonna, you know! :agree: )

What is the film I am talking about?

"Flash Gordon"

Now I am even more happy that another guy who was in my class when we were at school got that nickname rather than me! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Guess I made myself a New Year's Eve gift by finally booking accommodation for Montreal Worlds 2020...:laugh:, can't really believe it is 2,5 months away and I will be there in flesh! :)

Meanwhile, my phone is in service :)(), so want to wish all of you now Happiest New Year 2020 :hb:, positivity, adventures, prosperity and may some of us meet, maybe in Montreal!:laugh:

Also, in the middle of preparing Mentor Cup 2020 gifts - so far, I have crowns made for Aussie ID teams & paper cut for Kazakh flag-themed crown for Aiza Mambenkova :). I plan to make also crowns for Ekaterina Kurakova (this time in pinks to match her FS dress), Shiyue & Xinyu (with feathers to match their FD) and for Kaitlin & Jean-Luc. I will definitely cut more paper though to take it with me and make some additional ones to handle:)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I was really looking forward to watching it, mainly because it has an absolutely brilliant soundtrack recorded by my favourite band of all time.

There are some things even Queen can't save.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Guess I made myself a New Year's Eve gift by finally booking accommodation for Montreal Worlds 2020...:laugh:, can't really believe it is 2,5 months away and I will be there in flesh!

It's all becoming real!!! :biggrin:

I hope you have a great time in Canada.

Meanwhile, my phone is in service :)(), so want to wish all of you now Happiest New Year 2020 :hb:, positivity, adventures, prosperity and may some of us meet, maybe in Montreal!

And Happy New Year to you too!

Also, in the middle of preparing Mentor Cup 2020 gifts - so far, I have crowns made for Aussie ID teams & paper cut for Kazakh flag-themed crown for Aiza Mambenkova :). I plan to make also crowns for Ekaterina Kurakova (this time in pinks to match her FS dress), Shiyue & Xinyu (with feathers to match their FD) and for Kaitlin & Jean-Luc. I will definitely cut more paper though to take it with me and make some additional ones to handle

Awwww!!!!! I'm definitely going to have to find a livestream to watch it on. Aiza will look amazing in one of your crowns!!! :love: :love: :love:

Just make sure you give her my e-mail address too... ;) :p

Seriously, though, thank you for thinking of her. Aiza is a really beautiful skater, but does not get the recognition she deserves in her scores. So, I hope that you doing this will make her realise just how much we appreciate her.

There are some things even Queen can't save.

I was shocked when I realised just how bad it was. As a Queen fan, I just assumed that anything they touched would be gold.

Oh, and Happy New Year to you and your fellow Aussies!

CaroLiza_fan

Ducky

On the Ice
I have 8 unused vacation days that I will need to use by the end of March and am seriously contemplating getting tickets for Worlds in Montreal. Or, maybe just taking a lot of Fridays off.