Random Confessions | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
As much as I absolutely adore figure skating, I don't like people other than my family (because I've made them fall in love with it as well) finding out. Because figure skating is absolutely non-existing here (the only commentator in this country can't even tell the jumps apart and doesn't know the first thing about the IJS) so I am bound to be judged when they see it. But I will wait for the Olympics for some of my friends to start asking about it :laugh:

What you mean you'd be judged?! I'd think this is your chance to act like a big shot expert,doling out lectures and judgements yourself!

Last edited:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
What you mean you'd be judged?! I'd think this is your chance to act like a big shot expert,doling out lectures and judgements yourself!

When the Olympics roll around, I'll be able to talk about it freely with everyone and act all know-it-all :laugh: I think at least a couple of friends might start asking me about it and who to look out for once it's close. :cool:
But for the time being, I'm perfectly content with all the interesting discussions we have over here, thank God for the internet :biggrin:

loopy

Final Flight
My Sister is in that movie. She's one of the Hair Dressers in the Bend and Snap scene. If you start the video at 2:00 minutes, My sister is the girl with the "Fake Orange Fro" who's working on Ell's friend Margo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-4tIs00NvM

I love that movie and the musical.

My confession - I stopped shaving my legs and just wait until I have to wear a dress for something. I feel incredibly lazy.

I also love instant coffee. Especially prepackaged 3 in 1's. I have anxiety and knowing my coffee will taste EXACTLY the same every day helps me start off relaxed.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My Sister is in that movie. She's one of the Hair Dressers in the Bend and Snap scene. If you start the video at 2:00 minutes, My sister is the girl with the "Fake Orange Fro" who's working on Ell's friend Margo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-4tIs00NvM

:love: This forum never ceases to amaze. I remember back when we had a "stupid questions" thread I asked if anyone had flown in a Blimp Airship and wouldn't ya know it....someone had an uncle who was a pilot. I think I won the thread because it disappeared shortly after :slink:

Thanks for sharing.....I always love your tales by the way :yes:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
:love: This forum never ceases to amaze. I remember back when we had a "stupid questions" thread I asked if anyone had flown in a Blimp Airship and wouldn't ya know it....someone had an uncle who was a pilot. I think I won the thread because it disappeared shortly after :slink: ...

Fear not, the thread lives on. It was moved to "Figure Skating References" and renamed as "Figure Skating Questions" (so any future ;) blimp questions will have to be posted elsewhere).

I do recall fondly :luv17: the blimp discussion that you prompted. Your question is on p. 155 of the thread. (It was el henry's father-in-law who was the blimp pilot.)
The thread now is 226 pages and counting ...

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
lol... legally blonde is on.. and the bend and snap tutorial just happened ;)

and ... well... i shouldn't be watching devil wears prada for the10293812093th time but I may... it's right after L B

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm watching Apollo 13. Again. For the eleventy-billionth time. (And every time, I still hold my breath when they go through re-entry).

I would totally have been one of those teenagers with a crush on the astronauts. Or better yet, Gene Kranz. Failure is not an option, indeed!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I haven't followed figure skating with any real interest since Weir and Lipinski became the lead commentary team on NBC. I don't even watch the pro shows. :no: I'm a bad fan.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I haven't followed figure skating with any real interest since Weir and Lipinski became the lead commentary team on NBC. I don't even watch the pro shows. :no: I'm a bad fan.

Not wanting to listen to those two worthless babbling idiots does not make you a bad fan. :yes:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Cannot say how many times I've watched this movie ... never get tired of it..
Probably because of Alan Rickman and Chris Pine (before Star Trek) with really really bad hair..
but everyone in it is "so good"!

Bottle Shock

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k40zFyediFI

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm watching Apollo 13. Again. For the eleventy-billionth time. (And every time, I still hold my breath when they go through re-entry).

I would totally have been one of those teenagers with a crush on the astronauts. Or better yet, Gene Kranz. Failure is not an option, indeed!

And I :love: that Paul Wylie skated to music from Apollo 13 in SOI!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I stopped watching Figure Skating exhibitions when they started using those annoying and distracting spotlights.

"LIKE" times a million...... I remember Champions on Ice when there was standard lighting and the skaters did real past performances...boy am I old.....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I went in a big fight with my family over watching Russian Nationals on Christmas Day on the TV. It was the first time the TV broadcasted this event so I was watching it.. But they had enough before the last group of ladies FS, so they demanded that turn off the TV. I went to my room and had to watch it with Russian commentary online. I haven't spoken to them for half a day tho. :curse::gaah:

We will be your new family. We understand......

Pamigena

Record Breaker
The number of posts I have written and then deleted might be higher than the number of posts I have written and then actually posted :rolleye:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
I will have an exam in the end of January, and today I could choose between two exam days-23rd and 30th Jan. I told them immediately that I want to go on the 23rd, but they were surprised I didn't choose the later one -:laugh2: I didn't make a confession that the last week of Jan. won't be ok for studying because I'll watch the Euros the whole week :biggrin: