Random Confessions | Page 33 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I ate the biggest pickle of my entire life and then I ordered two more for the road :yay:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
What was the pickle? :biggrin:

:biggrin:, the most important thing is that is was good:), but yeah Sam, spill what is that goodie

today I'm going to tackle that broccoli tart/frittata thing, bought yesterday nice casseroles to bake it, hope it will go well:)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was at a festival that had food trucks and tents and the one I chose to eat at sold pickles and pickle based sandwiches. They even featured the "chickle" which if you haven't heard is a pickle sliced open like a hoagie bun with chicken then put inside. I just ordered the giant pickle and ate it while I walked around but then came back and ordered two more on the way out to share with my friends later on.

Giant pickle was an understatement...lol.

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
all that food talk reminded me that yesterday I saw sweets with cheesecake, poppy seed cake and apple pie flavours, I felt tempted:laugh:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Confession: Even though I technically graduated, I'm using my student ID to get a student ticket (in one of the first few rows!) to a Broadway national tour since it opens on campus on my birthday (in a few weeks) and I'll still be in MI for about another month

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Confession: Even though I technically graduated, I'm using my student ID to get a student ticket (in one of the first few rows!) to a Broadway national tour since it opens on campus on my birthday (in a few weeks) and I'll still be in MI for about another month

Congratulations & Happy Birthday!!!!:clapper: :hap10: :hb:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

No shame in that! You paid outrageous tuition prices for things you never used, might as well make up for it now!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

Happy Birthday!:hb:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Enjoy and Happy Birthday! No need to make a confession! :)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
broccoli tart/frittata is a huge success - brought one to work today:cheer:, I plan to repeat it during the weekend with fruits:)

and I got awarded today by out Management Team, as a part of our monthly recognitions at work:eek::, I blushed (because I don't like attention), but it felt nice:)

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
My confession is boring one: I got to eat strawberries today finally! :luv17:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
This is bragging, not confession!

What you mean by "finally"?

Well, since there was really cold during April in Poland, everything got frost a little and therefore, less fruits and vegetables will grow (no flowers, no food). Usually strwaberries are out being sold at streets earlier and by lower prices. But I guess this year the prices will be quite higehr than usual even in June... Anyway, my mom usually waits till the prices gets under 10 zł/ kg to buy strwaberries, but she bought it today even though the price was 18 zł/kg (in high season prices usually are 4-5 zł/kg, so it is quite expensive now), and it doesn't look like it will be much lower soon... I was worried I won't get to eat strawberries to my heart content till mid June! Long story short, usually strawberries are out earlier, and by the Mother's Day (which is today in Poland) I had already eaten strawberries few times.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Every time I hear one particular piece of music, or even just think about it, I start having mildly inappropriate thoughts about a certain skater who has done a routine to it.

And the worst of it is that the reason for this reaction has got nothing to do with the fact that she is the most gorgeous skater on the circuit at the moment (oh boys but she is! :love: ) It is because the film that most people know the music from has a title that is a bit of a double entendre.

I should add that the music was around long before the film.

Even if you ignore the double entendre in the film title, most people still think the music is highly erotic, because of the rhythm it uses. But, I have recently seen a translation of the lyrics, and the subject is about as un-erotic as you can get...

It’s about gambling and horse racing! :laugh:

Which might explain why we mostly hear it as an instrumental. :p :agree:

But, it does bring to mind the debate on whether to include lyrics or not. Because, as this song demonstrates perfectly, including them would totally change the whole theme of the routine.

Suffice to say, I like the theme just the way it was! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ From your description of the music, I thought you were referring to Javi Fernandez & his "Guys & Dolls" program :love: , but you did say "she," so I guess not!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
^ From your description of the music, I thought you were referring to Javi Fernandez & his "Guys & Dolls" program :love: , but you did say "she," so I guess not!

If it helps, there *might* be a comma in my previous message that has a link to the lyrics (in both the original language and in English) attached to it.

And there *might* be a laughing face that will take you to a video of the original version of the song (including the vocals).

You just never know what might be hidden in posts! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^CaroLizaFan, you have to be referring to "Por Una Cabeza" by Anna Pogorilaya, tho most people say it's "Scent of a Woman". I knew that Por Una Cabeza meant "by a head", but that made no sense to me, so I looked it up awhile ago and it refers to a horse winning a race by a head's length. At least that's my best guess. Who knows what meanings lurk behind some of these songs?! :laugh: