Random Confessions | Page 97 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
It was poetry
I'm at a workshop and last night, 1/5 of us did our readings (just 3 minutes each, so a baby one) but I'm not usually much of a poet so it was... different :laugh:

Poets (like skaters) hold magic for those of us that can't..

iorii

On the Ice
I watched anime about cooking where they served chilled ochazuke with tea, poured into the rice bowl! Chilled ochazuke, never know it exists! Now I'm craving for warm ochazuke... Last time I ate it I was sick I didn't have appetite for anything and kept dry heaving now I want to really savor it...

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I rarely get sick and holy hell, only just getting over a bad fever that's left me pretty much bed ridden for 2 days and aching body all over! On the plus side, I've found out it wasn't just me but a few others at work too. On the mend now and only just got my appetite back and curse them contagious ppl lol!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well don't be one of them, brens78!

My Lowndsey announced his retirement today. I was six years old when his career started and have been a fan ever since. I am BEYOND sad.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I rarely get sick and holy hell, only just getting over a bad fever that's left me pretty much bed ridden for 2 days and aching body all over! On the plus side, I've found out it wasn't just me but a few others at work too. On the mend now and only just got my appetite back and curse them contagious ppl lol!

get well soon!!!:ghug:

This is so me - I am rarely sick/have any cold, but if I have one...Lord have mercy:hopelessness::drama:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well don't be one of them, brens78!

My Lowndsey announced his retirement today. I was six years old when his career started and have been a fan ever since. I am BEYOND sad.

Don't follow touring car racing, so had to look him up to find out more.

My goodness, what a career he has had! :jaw: So many championship title in both open-wheeled racing and touring car racing. And that is even before we get to top 3 championship finishes. :drama:

I admit, when I saw that he had done a season in F3000, I did click through to it. And it was fascinating seeing the familiar names that were in it that season. And how there were a few future F1 drivers below Lowndes in the final championship results. And Christian Horner.

Seems like the sort of guy that truly deserves to be referred to as a "legend"! :agree:

I wish Craig all the best for whatever the future holds for him.

CaroLiza_fan

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Don't follow touring car racing, so had to look him up to find out more.

My goodness, what a career he has had! :jaw: So many championship title in both open-wheeled racing and touring car racing. And that is even before we get to top 3 championship finishes. :drama:

When I was six I only knew him as the bright smiley man on TV who was winning races. So I wanted the bright smiley man to win all the time. :yes:

He is the Prince of the Mountain (and will never be King - he would never want that title), and he's still called "the Kid" even though he's nearing 40, and he's still smiling.

For a long time he was anointed as our next F1 driver. But something terrible happened when he got to Europe for F3000. He fell in with a man who hates Australians with a passion. He joined a team managed by Helmut Marko. And Marko took all his sponsorship money and put it into Montoya's car. And gave Lowdnsey an engineer who spoke no English. So Lowndsey came home at the end of that season. It is better this way, I am sure. I do not like to think what F1 would have done to our bright smiling one.

Oh, and he's still 5th in the Championship this season and finished 4th in today's race. It seems I am making a habit that my favourites leave while they are still strong.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
When I was six I only knew him as the bright smiley man on TV who was winning races. So I wanted the bright smiley man to win all the time. :yes:

He is the Prince of the Mountain (and will never be King - he would never want that title), and he's still called "the Kid" even though he's nearing 40, and he's still smiling.

For a long time he was anointed as our next F1 driver. But something terrible happened when he got to Europe for F3000.

He fell in with a man who hates Australians with a passion. He joined a team managed by Helmut Marko. And Marko took all his sponsorship money and put it into Montoya's car. And gave Lowdnsey an engineer who spoke no English. So Lowndsey came home at the end of that season. It is better this way, I am sure. I do not like to think what F1 would have done to our bright smiling one.

Poor Lowndsey! That is not fair. I know Montoya is a very talented driver, but I am a great believer that team-mates should get the same equipment and be given the same opportunities. I don't like it when one driver is effectively paying the wages of their team-mate.

And giving a driver an engineer that doesn't speak their language is just stupid. Apart from anything else, the inevitable poor performances due to the car not being able to be set up to suit the driver reflects badly on the team.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that Marko hates Aussies, though. After all, he did bring Ricciardo through to F1. But, he certainly didn't give him or Webber the same support that he gave to Vettel or Verstappen. So, I can see where you're coming from.

Incidentally, the 1997 F3000 Championship was a bad one for our brightest future F1 prospect as well. A member of one of the most well-known families in NI (thanks to their ice cream! :biggrin: ), Dino Morelli had a horrible crash at the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] race of the season at the Nürburgring, breaking both his legs. He did come back and carried on racing for a few years, but that crash was effectively the end of the dream.

With the way F1 is nowadays, I don't think we'll see anybody coming through in the future who doesn't have lots of corporate sponsors behind them. So, the likes of our Eddie Irvine and your Mark Webber were fortunate to break through at a time when talent was enough.

Although getting treated badly ended Craig Lowndes' F1 dreams, it meant he was able to take a different path, which led him to great success. I like stories like that.

I admit that I don't understand the points system used in V8 Supercars. But it looks like Lowndes is still in with a shot of at least a Top 3 in the Championship. Which would be a great way to round up a successful career.

All the best to him!

CaroLiza_fan

iorii

On the Ice
I--had a panic attack that lasted for 40-50 minutes, the longest I've ever had. And I couldn't even sleep afterward. I'm--tired. I'm tired of feeling like this. I'm sorry this isn't the appropriate place but can I get some hugs please..?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I--had a panic attack that lasted for 40-50 minutes, the longest I've ever had. And I couldn't even sleep afterward. I'm--tired. I'm tired of feeling like this. I'm sorry this isn't the appropriate place but can I get some hugs please..?

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

:ghug: :ghug:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

:ghug::ghug::ghug:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

:ghug: :pray: :ghug: :pray: :ghug: :pray:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker

:ghug::ghug:

Hoping this video cheers you up :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

:ghug: :ghug:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

All the hugs you need :ghug: