2017 Canadian Nats - Junior Pairs SP | Golden Skate

2017 Canadian Nats - Junior Pairs SP

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 18:40 (UTC -5)

Junior Pairs Short Program

Time in other places
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...66&p7=37&p8=235&p9=248&p10=33&p11=240&p12=224

Ottawa, Ontario at The Arena at TD Place

Start Order Name Section

1 Hannah Dawson / Christian Reekie EO
2 Lori-Ann Matte / Thierry Ferland QC
3 Justine Brasseur / Mathieu Ostiguy QC
4 Olivia Boys-Eddy / Mackenzie Boys-Eddy CO
5 Tessa Jones / Matthew den Boer BC/YK
6 Evelyn Walsh / Trennt Michaud EO
7 Jamie Knoblauch / Cody Wong WO

Last edited:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
There have been two withdrawals, Dawson/Reekie and Brasseur/Ostiguy. Brasseur/Ostiguy mentioned on their Facebook that their season ended due to Justine injuring her ankle, and Justine is also not on the junior women's entries list despite qualifying. Hannah has confirmed she'll be competing in junior women and she's still on the list so it seems Christian is injured.

We are down to 5 junior pairs.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Lol I like that ending pose by Mackenzie. Olivia is finally 13 so they can go the JGP next season. If they could get harder elements I think they could be serious podium contenders outside of Canada. They look to be very hard workers.

TGee

Record Breaker
And spins notwithstanding, a more solid skate from the hard rocking Boys-Eddy sibs than we saw at Challenge. In the KnC interview, they said their goal was to show how much they've improved...and they have.

ETA Their twist came in as a 3TW3, with positive GOE!

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Triple twist was gorgeous! Many senior teams does not have one as good as this one. But to be competetive they need at least SBS 2A and any triple throw... Hope they'll get one in the future :)

TGee

Record Breaker
Tessa Jones with Matthew den Boer may have two-footed the landing but that Th3Lz was fully rotated...and a 3Tw1 as well. Really great for a "rough skate" that put them in 3rd.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Walsh/Michaud's 3Tw wasn't good but the throw 3T, SBS 2A, and the spin were good. Spin was almost synchronized throughout. Amazing.

Last edited:

TGee

Record Breaker
Walsh/Michaud 56.22 move to first. Very difficult lasso lift rated a level 4 with positive GOE.

TGee

Record Breaker
Junior Pairs standings after SP [unofficial]

[SIZE=+2]Junior Pair[/SIZE]

RankScoreNameSegment1Segment2
156.22Evelyn Walsh / Trennt Michaud - EO56.22 (1)
254.48Lori-Ann Matte / Thierry Ferland - QC54.48 (2)
347.89Olivia Boys-Eddy / Mackenzie Boys-Eddy - CO47.89 (3)
445.15Tessa Jones / Matthew den Boer - BC/YK45.15 (4)
545.07Jamie Knoblauch / Cody Wong - WO45.07 (5)
WDHannah Dawson / Christian Reekie - EO
WDJustine Brasseur / Mathieu Ostiguy - QC

Editing to add SP video links:

Walsh/Michaud

Matte/Ferland

Boys-Eddy/Boys-Eddy [seems to be missing at this point]

Jones/den Boer

Knoblauch/Wong

Last edited:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Not a bad event. Some iffy twists, a fall on a jump, but some good elements. Everyone is prepared! Which is good to see. The standings are the same as Challenge, with Brasseur/Ostiguy and Dawson/Reekie taken out.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
From what I've seen in beetween stream freezing, these are quite promising teams :) And now I'm going to :bed: Good night everyone!

Last edited:

TGee

Record Breaker
From what I've seen in beetween stream freezing, these are quite promising teams :) And now I'm going to :bed: Good night everyone!

Thanks for staying up with us....

Suggest, if you can, to use a Google Chrome browser and download the free ad blocker. Dailymotion runs so much better with that. If you are on an iPad or other apple device, there is a DailyMotion app that makes it run so much better than on Safari.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
caught up with these shorts... some impressive skating from very young pair skaters. YES!!! (i looked up the boys-edy as I wanted to see that twist... it's not there yet but saw another video of them with an impressive twist... WOW)