dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Friday, January 20, 2017
21:18 (UTC -5)

Senior Pairs Short Program

Time in other places
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...66&p7=37&p8=235&p9=248&p10=33&p11=240&p12=224

Ottawa, Ontario at The Arena at TD Place

Starting Order Name Section

1 Sydney Kolodziej / Maxime Deschamps QC
SP "Desert Rose" by Sting
LP "Opening" and "Love Theme" from the Far From the Madding Crowd soundtrack

2 Angelina Ekaterinina / Sebastian Arcieri WO
SP Tore My Heart, Rama Lama
LP

3 Camille Ruest / Andrew Wolfe QC
SP "Something," Beatles cover by Jim Sturgess and Kinetic Love by Karl Hugo; choreo by Julie Marcotte
LP "Earth Song" by Michael Jackson and "Home" by Armand Armar; choreo by Julie Marcotte

4 Brittany Jones / Joshua Reagan WO
SP "Under the Bridge" by Red Hot Chili Peppers; choreo by David Wilson
LP Violin Fantasy on Puccini's Turandot performed by Vanessa Mae, composed by Giacomo Puccini; choreo by David Wilson

5 Kirsten Moore-Towers / Michael Marinaro WO
SP "Heartbreak Hotel" by Billy Joel
LP Un Ange Passe
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55201-Kirsten-Moore-Towers-amp-Michael-Marinaro

6 Lubov Ilyushechkina / Dylan Moscovitch CO
SP Jalousie ‘Tango Tzigane’ performed by Matthias Aeschbacher, composed by Jacob Gade; choreo by David Wilson, Marie-France Dubreuil
LP "When You Say You Love Me" by Darren Hayes performed by Josh Groban; choreo by David Wilson, Sandra Bezic
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?53231-Lubov-Iliushechkina-amp-Dylan-Moscovitch

7 Julianne Séguin / Charlie Bilodeau QC
SP Monde Inversé (from Kurios) by Raphaël Beau, Guy Dubuc, Marc Lessard; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne, Shae Zukiwsky
LP Cinema Paradiso soundtrack by Ennio Morricone, Cinema Paradiso soundtrack, performed by Monica Mancini; choreo by David Wilson, Marie-France Dubreuil
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55345-Julianne-S%E9guin-amp-Charlie-Bilodeau

8 Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford QC
SP "Killer" by Seal; choreo by Julie Marcotte
LP "Non, je ne regrette rien," performed by Patricia Kaas; choreo by Julie Marcotte
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?39317-Meagan-Duhamel-amp-Eric-Radford

Last edited:

Sackie

Medalist
How do Meagan and Eric approach Canadians this year? Should they come on strong so as to show everyone that they can still do it - or do they just do enough to win and save their best for worlds? Same also with Julianne and Charlie.
Neither of these 2 teams have preformed as well as they should have this season so do they use Canadian's as a proving ground or just a place to skate well and make it to worlds?

LadyB

Record Breaker
I think Meagan and Eric need a confidence boost and show a bit more than they actually need. They're not in real danger and at last year's Nats they took it easy. They're still world class and I hope that recent hiccups have no further impact. They're professionals who can and will pull themselves together and rise to the occasion. However, they might want to proof to themselves that they're still a threat at worlds. I am not as fond of their programmes as I was last season. The final in Boston will stay in my mind forever. This time, I'm not so sure.
I'm glad Julianne and Charlie returned to their old programme. A very likeable and highly talented pair, but I was more impressed last year.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Ah, why is it so late... :(

Good to see Maxime Deschamps found new partner btw. :)

QuadThrow

Medalist
Meagan posted a clip of a 3S to their Free Skating music and is excited about their changes concerning their Free and Long program.

Do they really ditch the 3Lz for the 3S in the Free? We will see.

TGee

Record Breaker
Meagan posted a clip of a 3S to their Free Skating music and is excited about their changes concerning their Free and Long program.

We've been sifting through the pre-nationals signals on the "State of Canadian Figure Skating Thread" on the Edge....

Here are some of the pieces we've found...

Rather than ditching the 3Lz Meagan and Eric training it in a SBS 3Lz+2T combo instead...

Rockerskating has posted a gif of the SBS 3S here....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPF1Vb-hm1N/

So, it looks as though they will be upping the BV in the SBS jumps, even while taking a step away from the throw 3A, at least for now.

Last edited:

TGee

Record Breaker
Ah, why is it so late... :(

Good to see Maxime Deschamps found new partner btw. :)

Ottawa is 3 hours ahead of Canada's west coast. The late events allow for the western provinces to get some of the seniors events in evening prime time.

But the 5/6 hour time difference from western Europe is difficult. Really appreciate any of you who do the late night with us. But we've found GS gets pretty lively [and somewhat silly] on the late night discussions, hope you will enjoy it!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Ottawa is 3 hours ahead of Canada's west coast. The late events allow for the western provinces to get some of the seniors events in evening prime time.

But the 5/6 hour time difference from western Europe is difficult. Really appreciate any of you who do the late night with us. But we've found GS gets pretty lively [and somewhat silly] on the late night discussions, hope you will enjoy it!
I'm not sure I will manage to stay up for this... The worst thing is, that when I stayed up late once last season, the stream worked terribly for me, so after 20 minutes I went to sleep. :laugh: :palmf: But there always is Free Program, which fortunately for me is a little earlier :)

LadyB

Record Breaker
Yeah, the times are really not great for us in Europe, but everyone has to suffer at some point. At least, it's the w/e! I'll give it my best shot :popcorn:

QuadThrow

Medalist
We've been sifting through the pre-nationals signals on the "State of Canadian Figure Skating Thread" on the Edge....

Here are some of the pieces we've found...

Rather than ditching the 3Lz Meagan and Eric training it in a SBS 3Lz+2T combo instead...

Rockerskating has posted a gif of the SBS 3S here....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPF1Vb-hm1N/

So, it looks as though they will be upping the BV in the SBS jumps, even while taking a step away from the throw 3A, at least for now.

Oh wow. But 3Lz+2T is incredibly difficult. They have almost no speed after the Lutz.

I do not know what to say about these throws. D/R did not really get the 3ATh and Aljona fights with the 3ATh her whole career. I just think these elements are too difficult to be consistent.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Oh wow. But 3Lz+2T is incredibly difficult. They have almost no speed after the Lutz.

I do not know what to say about these throws. D/R did not really get the 3ATh and Aljona fights with the 3ATh her whole career. I just think these elements are too difficult to be consistent.

i think the 3t has been quite an issue for Meagan lately so why not try something else? I agree there's not much speed after their 3lz usually but at the same time, they have done that jump for so long that perhaps they feel more at ease with it... the salchow was a pleasant surprise though for me... i didn't remember them doing it.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Here's a new article about Meagan and Eric, which has details about the changes to their programs: https://www.thestar.com/sports/amat...radford-go-with-flow-minus-throw-dimanno.html

Oh. this ia quite interesting.

With these changes (3Lz+2T and 3LzTh) they decrease their BV in SP and LP by 3.5 points. But they hope to get a level 4 twist and better steps with definitly better PCS.

I think what meagan really concerned was the low PCS marks at GPF. I remember her saying in the Kiss and Cry the PCS were dropping. And the 3Ath was definitly a reason for the low components.

To me the changes are totally understandable but they kind of quit pushing the technical bounderies and going for the biggest BV. And this road was the road to the achievement last years.

Now S/M have the highest BV in the SP. Their 3ATh is not clean either but do not interrupt the program at all. That is quite a big advantage.

And I cannot see the judges giving Meagan and Eric the same PCS as S/K, S/M or S/H.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Now S/M have the highest BV in the SP. Their 3ATh is not clean either but do not interrupt the program at all. That is quite a big advantage.
I heard S/M are considering scaling down the degree of difficulty of their programs as well.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I don't like how this article was written, but oh well. At least there was some interesting info. I'm curious about the twist. They never got level 4 to this point, right? (If they did, please remind me) I think it's good idea for them. They are not going to do the quad one in FP anyway, so they may max out the BV of triple one. And also give them additional advantage over Seguin/Bilodeau. I checked protocols from this season, and S/B had done twist level 4 once, at Skate America, but without positive GOE (so very similiar to Tarasova/Morozov), in the past their triple twist level 3 was very good, so they could rival D/R in that element. Btw. I hope S/B will try SBS 3Lo again.

QuadThrow

Medalist
I heard S/M are considering scaling down the degree of difficulty of their programs as well.

Yeah. It is said. But the only thing they definitly announced is the 3T+3T+Seq in the Free.

I think they will go for the 3ATh in the short. What else should the do?

QuadThrow

Medalist
I don't like how this article was written, but oh well. At least there was some interesting info. I'm curious about the twist. They never got level 4 to this point, right? (If they did, please remind me) I think it's good idea for them. They are not going to do the quad one in FP anyway, so they may max out the BV of triple one. And also give them additional advantage over Seguin/Bilodeau. I checked protocols from this season, and S/B had done twist level 4 once, at Skate America, but without positive GOE (so very similiar to Tarasova/Morozov), in the past their triple twist level 3 was very good, so they could rival D/R in that element. Btw. I hope S/B will try SBS 3Lo again.

D/R got level4 once.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/gpcan2015/

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

Thanks! And I see it was with + GOE too. Well, not as high as Tarasova/Morozov, but that's still many points.

EDIT: I'm mad the camera angle of their twist was bad, I can't clearly see their "difficult entry"... I was curious why they got level 4 then, but never again. They almost alwyas do have clean catch, he has his arms down, she did have split position. But she never had ar over her head, so it must be difficult entry for level 4, and that's the only thing I couldn't see :scowl: I have watched their twist from LP same event (and same tech panel), and their twist (from angle of camera) look excatly the same, yet they didn't get credit for difficult entry in LP. Makes no sense. And actually in LP camera angle show the step before take off.... I don't understand it, because if they got credit in SP, they should have got it in FP too. (Btw. I wonder what was break down for Sui/Han twist in SP at Worlds, since it look to me like they went for all 5 features)

Last edited:

TGee

Record Breaker
I don't like how this article was written, but oh well. At least there was some interesting info.

For this author, the article is one of her most neutrally toned, and technically accurate pieces we've seen in a while. Most of us don't like to reward her by clicking on her articles, but in this case it seems best to click and reward her for attempting some real journalism. [See comments a couple of pages back in this thread on the truly awful piece she did on Kaetlyn Osmond and prostitution...ugh]

TGee

Record Breaker

Meanwhile, Canadian juniors are stepping up the technical levels....each pair has different strengths, but all are pushing to up the BV, quality of execution and consistency.

Recommend to pairs fans to catch them in the Free programs at 3:15 pm EST / 15:15h today.

In the SP, last evening we saw:
-The Boys-Eddy siblings have a very solid 3Tw3 with positive GOE.
-Two teams fully rotated the Th3Lz. Walsh/Michaud with a clean landing and positive GOE.
-Lifts are fairly spectacular, with good ice coverage and challenging dismounts. Walsh/Michaud and Matte/Ferland both did a 5 lift axel lasso level 4, with positive GOE.
-Death spirals ranged in quality, but a couple of level 3s and a level 4 from Matte/Ferland with slightly negative GOE..

I've linked the videos in the thread here.

The Boys-Eddy's video isn't posted, perhaps due to copyright on their music. But here is a clip their 3Tw3 from last year, using the same entry. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY6kCJqyPvA

Last edited: