2017 Canadian Nats Senior Mens SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 Canadian Nats Senior Mens SP

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Joseph Phan, 15, current Jr. Champion: Falls on the quad, gets the triple-triple, doubled the axel. But I see a lot of potential. wish he wasn't skating what sounds like Michel Buble.

I wonder if he's hoping to go the Jr. Worlds.

TGee

Record Breaker
Joseph Phan, 15, current Jr. Champion: Falls on the quad, gets the triple-triple, doubled the axel. But I see a lot of potential. wish he wasn't skating what sounds like Michel Buble.

I wonder if he's hoping to go the Jr. Worlds.

Canada has three berths. But Nic Nadeau and Roman Sadovsky are still age eligible. And Conrad Orzel who took silver in the Junior Men's event will need consideration. He is landing quads in competition.

And Joesph is last year's junior champ. Stephen Gogolev is the new one, but is only 12.

Last edited:

kresslia

Medalist
Oh shoot, Roman actually landed the quad.

uhh... too bad about the rest.

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Roman Sadovsky, tall and with a very expressive face. Going for first quad ever. He landed it! Wow. Good job. (skating to Exogenesis-quickly becoming a war horse), nearly got the 3 axel, messy landing. Tracy likes the spins. A fall on the 3 lutz. Shame. Nice footwork.

Considering he is a jr he's very good.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Canada has three berths. But Nic Nadeau and Roman Sadovsky are still age eligible. And Conrad Orzel who took silver in the Junior Men's event will need consideration. He is landing quads in competition.

And Joesph is last year's junior champ. Stephen Gogolev is the new one, but is only 12.

I find that quite amazing. Stephen Gogolev I mean. We do have some good young men now.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Wow, Roman did a wonderful 4S, but messed the landing on 3A, and lost the combi by falling on the Lz

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Too bad about the falls, but that was a gorgeous quad. I really like his skating.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I feel badly for you guys without feeds. :-(

Balde is having a really long emotional hug with his coach. I wonder what that is about.

I really, really like Balde.

peg

Medalist
I don't think I've seen a skater skate with that much emotion since Joannie's Olympic SP

kresslia

Medalist
Hard not to root for him. He bombs at Nationals every year. I don't think this will be enough for the podium unless his FS is fantastic, but the recovery was remarkable.